• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking News: Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of people saying this is "late," but I disagree, even as someone who's totally loving all the PS4 info/marketing that Sony is dishing out. A one-two punch of late May and E3 will give them a lot of press. I mean, we live in a nano-second news cycle these days. Three weeks is actually a long time.

I'm expecting to be disappointed based on all the rumors but I always hope for awesome new hardware. We'll see. Can't wait. Love console generation shifts!

Proelite

There are zero chances they had the time [and balls] to go back to the drawing board after Sony 8GB GDDR5 bombshell and make any changes to the APU [which hosts the northbridge, which connects to the ram pool]. If they made one mistake, that would mean wasting 4-6 months and delaying the console. They already have good quantity of ram.

Clamshell.

TriGen

So, what are the odds that PGR will be a launch title?

Sorry if this has been asked before. I haven't really been keeping up with the rumors for the nextbox. I suppose it might be something that no one knows - thus a stupid question. But just thought I would ask what you guys thought of it as a possibility.

Inb4 Kameo - Kinect puzzle game.

Some say PGR, others say Forza. Every report seems to flip on a driving game, so I suspect the chances are good. The Verge seemed to know the most about launch games, and they said Forza, but it changes every week.

Bgamer90

Banned
Yeah, I love looking back at threads like that. Personally I remember not having much of an opinion of their MTV event but enjoying the E3 conference a lot. I'm curious to check out that thread now.

I was the same way.

I was a big PS2 gamer at the time though so I was looking more forward to what the PS3 was going to have.

Funny how I ended up getting a 360 due to the PS3 having such a disappointing reveal.

REV 09

Xbox 360 was also revealed in May. Some of you act like its criminal for them to follow the same timeline for their next console.

kingkitty

I'm not sure whether to watch it on xbox live, the website, or on Spike. I fear the website stream will probably lag and explode. And Spike might have a 1 or 2 min delay. Don't know how well streams hold up on xbox live. Hmm.

Bgamer90

Banned
Some say PGR, others say Forza. Every report seems to flip on a driving game, so I suspect the chances are good. The Verge seemed to know the most about launch games, and they said Forza, but it changes every week.

I'm guessing that PGR5 will be a launch title and Forza 5 will come out during the first half of 2014 (similar to Forza 2 which came out May 2007).

Mononoke

Banned
Listen to the PGR4 OST and pray with me.

Need my Kudos fix again. Been fiending.

tumblr_m4rtmnmlWS1qe6fzio1_500.png

RetroStu

Banned
I think Microsoft are going to surprise a lot of people (in a good way).

So do i. There have been all these constant 'awful' rumours and bad press over the 720 yet we haven't heared a peep from them and even Sony's reveal hasn't changed Microsofts plans, that shows confidence to me.

Ales

Neo Member
They'll show the physical box, and it'll be huge.
Gloss over specs, i.e. 8GB of ram, 500GB HD, cutting edge GPU and CPU, etc.
They'll show engineers, designers and developers talking about the ideas behind its conception.
They'll show off the new Kinect.
Cloud stuff.
The app story.
The TV stuff.
It'll end with teaser trailers for games.

They won't be talking about always online, BC, or used games because, guess what, #dealwithit.

It would be pointless not talk about it will be one of the first questions from journalists.The same goes for the technical specifications and the block of the used.It is not the kind of things that you can hide.Or will MS to talk about these things or will the dev of third-party.

TriGen

I'm guessing that PGR5 will be a launch title and Forza 5 will come out during the first half of 2014 (similar to Forza 2 which came out May 2007).

I think that will likely be the case. It seems one will be launch and then the other will be out in 2014, like you said. And just going by history, I'm feeling like PGR will be the launch game.

ruttyboy

It would be pointless not talk about it will be one of the first questions from journalists.The same goes for the technical specifications and the block of the used.It is not the kind of things that you can hide.Or will MS to talk about these things or will the dev of third-party.

You have a lot more faith in journalists than I do.

Real first question:

"So, that reveal was awesome, can you just tell us how awesome it was?"

TriGen

I actually think this might be an hour of games whereas E3 will be the mainstream Kinect pitch.

I actually was thinking that a while back (since E3 seems a bit more casual-centric now), but since Major Nelson said:
On that day, we’ll share our vision for Xbox, and give you a real taste of the future. Then, 19-days later at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, we’ll continue the conversation and showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games.

I now think E3 will be the game conference. I do think a couple exclusives will debut at the reveal, though.

Reiko

Banned
You honestly want to say with a straight face that they previously had 16 512MB DDR3 chips on the Durango motherboard that were not already in clamshell mode? And now they are gonna or double all of them or just half of it? Phlease.

Don't take most of the posts in this thread seriously.

TriGen

My two favorite launch games for the 360 were Call of Duty 2 and Kameo (also bought PDZ, jesus was that bad). Got my multiplayer fix and got my single-player fix. That's usually what I set as my bar for day 1, two enticing games that give me a little variety. I don't think that's asking a lot from Sony or Microsoft. That's why I suspect I'll be grabbing both. Yes, the wallet will cry.

Ales

Neo Member
You have a lot more faith in journalists than I do.

Real first question:

"So, that reveal was awesome, can you just tell us how awesome it was?"

Journalists have asked these questions both Sony and third-partydev.Not the kind of things that can be hidden.

I just want to see MS grow there first party divisions tbh...tech stuff doesn't matter to me much who has the slight edge, it matters what developers say (somewhat) it matters what system is supported by the market, it matters what OS gains steam etc...

If I see one thing money hatted though (exclusive features or dev preference aside) I will not support this box. I want to see a company trying to grow the market and innovate the industry, not so focused on brand and $$. That aspect is important, but from everything to MS windows phones/surface tablets/desktop OS etc..I'm just not feeling them on a consumer tech level.

Impress me!

Jonm1010

Banned
I actually was thinking that a while back (since E3 seems a bit more casual-centric now), but since Major Nelson said:

I now think E3 will be the game conference. I do think a couple exclusives will debut at the reveal, though.
I'm thinking May will be 65-35 other stuff to games ratio while E3 will be more like 70-30 games to other stuff ratio.

If Microsoft really is trying to be your cable passthrough/casual gamer destination/living room entertainment device were going to get a lot of stuff on the App's, cable stuff, entertainment functionality, kinect features, online infastructure, and then probably tidbits of games here and there. Most likely a few 1st party games and some kinect centric games.

E3 will have the bigger game push IMO. I also think if always online is real they ignore it both in May and E3.

Hindle

Banned
The fact this conference is only 1 hour could mean they'll focus mainly on games. They'd need more time to talk about the console and the games.

sunnz

I just want to see MS grow there first party divisions tbh...tech stuff doesn't matter to me much who has the slight edge, it matters what developers say (somewhat) it matters what system is supported by the market, it matters what OS gains steam etc...

If I see one thing money hatted though (exclusive features or dev preference aside) I will not support this box. I want to see a company trying to grow the market and innovate the industry, not so focused on brand and $$. That aspect is important, but from everything to MS windows phones/surface tablets/desktop OS etc..I'm just not feeling them on a consumer tech level.

Impress me!

Well SONY did "moneyhat" Destiny with exclusive content...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom