• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT5| Superb Birds, Absurd Turds and Disturbed Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

8bit

Knows the Score
Anyone know if aciv is cross save compatible? Have played about half on ps3 but the local shop have ps4s in stock and I think the upgrade voucher is still valid for a few days.

*waves*

Last year I saw The Flaming Lips, Pixies, and The National. Was supposed to see Deerhunter too at the Roundhouse, alas they cancelled.

Besides that, last year I broke my festivalginity and went to Glastonbury, which I'll be going to again this year, and every year from now until I'm decrepid. Saw countless acts there, none of which came close to the majesty that was Portishead on the Friday night at the Other stage, which remains the greatest single live music performance I've seen.

Anyone else going this year?

In Hammersmith?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Anyone know if aciv is cross save compatible? Have played about half on ps3 but the local shop have ps4s in stock and I think the upgrade voucher is still valid for a few days.

Sorry 8bit, I don't know. My gut feeling is that it won't be. Are you enjoying it? Its my first AC and I think it's great, if a bit unfocused.

8bit

Knows the Score
Sorry 8bit, I don't know. My gut feeling is that it won't be. Are you enjoying it? Its my first AC and I think it's great, if a bit unfocused.

It's great, I've played all of the console ones and it's the best one since Brotherhood.

--

Hmm, doesn't look like it is possible. As much as I am enjoying it, I'm not starting it all over.

Mikeside

You seen that video of a Justin Bieber Meet and Greet session where all he does is just pout his lips, pose and get a snapshot with a fan while they get shuffled along like cattle? No hellos, no casual brief convos, no handshakes, nothing. Can't begin to imagine how much they paid for that. To be fair, I really dislike the whole idea of a meet and greet. Just seems fake. and this doesn't only apply to pop stars because KISS does it too.

Just pregnant or "about to pop" pregnant?

I've done a few after show meets with bands when I used to Street team. It was awesome because we just hung out, drank and smoked up on the route bus. A bit different to a fan meet and greet though

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Hahahaha. I bet!

Can you recommend me a good Bartok quartet? I've heard some of his concertos and loved some but was confused by others.

Off the top of my noggin, 4 and 5 are pretty good, 5 being pretty dense. His Music for Celeste etc. is probably his most famous piece and much less impenetrable than a lot of his work. Sayin' that, I like it weird.

I'll have to have a look at what I got when I get home, but those are good starting points.

NinjaBoiX

Roger Lloyd-Pack (Trigger from Only Fools) died today, he was 69. That sucks.

msPMO2a.jpg

"When I have a kid, if it's a girl I'm going to call her Sigourney, after the actress. If it's a boy, I'm gonna call him Rodney, after Dave."

But on the plus side, I just saw Keeley Hazell on the front of FHM, I thought she'd packed that game in. Ah well, swings and roundabouts.

qYSHIhS.jpg

Cropped out awesome underboob to keep it clean and SFW and stuff. Sorry David.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Off the top of my noggin, 4 and 5 are pretty good, 5 being pretty dense. His Music for Celeste etc. is probably his most famous piece and much less impenetrable than a lot of his work. Sayin' that, I like it weird.

I'll have to have a look at what I got when I get home, but those are good starting points.

Ta!

It's quiet in here today, innit?

Musha I'm disappointed you don't go to more gigs. Live music capital of England! On your doorstep! I would be so poor and deaf if I lived in London.

That's why I don't go to more gigs, I can't afford it!

I miss doing gigs though :( D'you know I've not heard a peep from anyone in my band since before Christmas? I think it's time to look for a new one.

Also been stuck in a meeting all morning, grrrr.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

I miss doing gigs though :( D'you know I've not heard a peep from anyone in my band since before Christmas? I think it's time to look for a new one.

Aw that sucks. Def either poke the motherfuckers or get yourself a new crew. Xmas has a way of really fucking with bands anyway, we've only practiced once since December 11th. Getting back into the swing this week though.

Aw that sucks. Def either poke the motherfuckers or get yourself a new crew. Xmas has a way of really fucking with bands anyway, we've only practiced once since December 11th. Getting back into the swing this week though.

It's not even just Christmas, we've been rehearsing for a year and have only done 1 gig. We all have different ideas about what songs we want to do, and even though at the start we all said it would be a casual thing, it's still just a bit too casual.

I've reopened my account on forming bands and will have a peruse through some of the other sites. If anyone knows anyone looking for a singer in London please let me know!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Woah, woah, woah... What band is this?

I'll tell ya what really fucks with bands: drummers. Been through three in a year and half. They're like gold dust to find... good ones, at least. Hopefully, be gigging again soon. Can. Not. Wait.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

I'll tell ya what really fucks with bands: drummers. Been through three in a year and half. They're like gold dust to find... good ones, at least. Hopefully, be gigging again soon. Can. Not. Wait.

Yeah, drummers and singers are usually the sticking point. Everyone plays guitar and anyone can play bass :p My last proper band died due to lack of a drummer, and even this one now was close - our drummer used to be the main singer/second guitarist but we had to shuffle cos the last drummer was a flaky twat.

What kinda stuff are you going to be playing? Rawkous rawk I hope!

theaface

I used to go to gigs all over the shop between around 2007 and 2010, but I think that phase is just behind me now. Feel too old and grumpy for sweaty crowds these days!

Any Little Man Tate fans around these parts? They played a massive part in my post-uni life in terms of the places I went, friends I met, experiences had, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuQH9t8QNhg

Blink Me

I've already got three gigs planned for this year. Seeing Reel Big Fish/Less Than Jake and Zebrahead all on the same night in February. Then seeing Alkaline Trio for the 4th time in April. Then will see blink at Reading again. Hopefully some bands I like will be playing the Main Stage like at 2010 when Paramore, Weezer and Limp Bizkit (yeah I like them) were there. Shame Weezer didn't play anything from Pinkerton and did a Lady Gaga and MGMT cover instead.

Ah it's just a shitty covers band, we're called Honey Badger. My band before that was an originals called Enemy Planet.

I've already got three gigs planned for this year. Seeing Reel Big Fish/Less Than Jake and Zebrahead all on the same night in February. Then seeing Alkaline Trio for the 4th time in April. Then will see blink at Reading again. Hopefully some bands I like will be playing the Main Stage like at 2010 when Paramore, Weezer and Limp Bizkit (yeah I like them) were there. Shame Weezer didn't play anything from Pinkerton and did a Lady Gaga and MGMT cover instead.

Wait what? Reel Big Fish, Less than Jake and Zebrahead? When/where is this?????

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Someone take me to a gig to expand my musical tastes. I can assure you I won't be negative (well I've not once complained about the music at any of the clubs we've been to).

I think the pub around the corner from my house does stuff, but they used to have a scary dog on the roof that barked at us when we were kids. That dog is dead but there's a new one there so the owner's clearly have no remorse.

8bit

Knows the Score
I haven't been to a gig in years, no-one interesting ever plays here except the one time last year when Swans were playing and I was in the wrong country.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

That's because Weezer have become massive cunts :...(

Blink Me

Wait what? Reel Big Fish, Less than Jake and Zebrahead? When/where is this?????

I'm seeing them at UEA on the 10th. Less Than Jake and Reel Big Fish are doing a joint tour with Zebrahead as support. Don't know where else they're playing. I've seen Less Than Jake about 3 times now and they're one of my favourite bands to see live. They always change the setlist and are just really fun. Zebrahead were supporting them in 2010 as well.

Blink Me

That's because Weezer have become massive cunts :...(

Well their cover of Teenage Dirtbag wasn't so bad, but I would have preferred to hear Tired of Sex and Across the Sea. I don't think they tour the UK that often though. Maybe its because they're cunts like you said...

I'm seeing them at UEA on the 10th. Less Than Jake and Reel Big Fish are doing a joint tour with Zebrahead as support. Don't know where else they're playing. I've seen Less Than Jake about 3 times now and they're one of my favourite bands to see live. They always change the setlist and are just really fun. Zebrahead were supporting them in 2010 as well.

I've seen Reel Big Fish before, and I saw Zebrahead at Download a few years back, but not see Less Than Jake yet.

Will look this up, it's probably sold out though

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Jed vs pop round 2 :)

Ladydude... c'mon! Weezer used to be THE SHIT until Pinkerton absolutely bombed and they went away. And then they came back having had their souls surgically removed and proceed to dismantle their fanbase bit by bit and replace them with shiny, irony loving cunts. Fuck modern Weezer, they broke my heart. When they came back with Green, Rivers actually said that he wanted to write songs about nothing, because after putting his heart out on Pinkerton he couldn't take the rejection any more. That's real fucking sad. But not as sad as that Beverly Hills song.

Jed vs the World!! haha

Blink Me

I've seen Reel Big Fish before, and I saw Zebrahead at Download a few years back, but not see Less Than Jake yet.

Will look this up, it's probably sold out though

This will be my first time seeing Reel Big Fish even though they come to Norwich a lot. Last time I saw Zebrahead some poor kid was crowd surfing and got his head thrown into the side of the stage. He was laid out for a bit and the bouncers just gave us all the evils. This is why Ian MacKaye was right about crowd surfing.

Ladydude... c'mon! Weezer used to be THE SHIT until Pinkerton absolutely bombed and they went away. And then they came back having had their souls surgically removed and proceed to dismantle their fanbase bit by bit and replace them with shiny, irony loving cunts. Fuck modern Weezer, they broke my heart. When they came back with Green, Rivers actually said that he wanted to write songs about nothing, because after putting his heart out on Pinkerton he couldn't take the rejection any more. That's real fucking sad. But not as sad as that Beverly Hills song.

Jed vs the World!! haha

I think they played that Beverley Hills song. And Pork and Beans...

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Jed vs the World!! haha

I agree with you. I'm just teasing because you don't like Beyonce.

I remember hearing the Green Album and then Maladroit. I stopped with Weezer after that. those first two records though...

Blink Me

*sigh* there are no words...

Fair play if you like them though, you will learn quickly not to take anything I say too seriously :)

Oh no I definitely agree they went downhill after Pinkerton. I still have a soft spot for Island in the Sun and Keep on Fishin though. Haven't got any of their albums after the Red one.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I agree with you. I'm just teasing because you don't like Beyonce.

I remember hearing the Green Album and then Maladroit. I stopped with Weezer after that. those first two records though...

Actually Maladroit wasn't as offensive to the listener's intelligence as Green (seriously, notice how EVERY song has a solo after the second chorus that follows the vocal melody line, pathetic). And they did the radio version of Keep Fishin which is actually a blinder of a song. But Maladroit certainly wasn't my Weezer no more. It was like losing a grandparent.

And anyway, I don't really hate Beyonce, I'm not exposed to her enough any more to really get my bile up properly.

It may sound like I'm full of hate by my hate dial only goes up to 10, my love dial goes up to 1000!

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So they're playing Shepherds Bush ON VALANTINES DAY which would be a perfect Valentine surprise for Andy, except for the fact that I've already shelled out for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory tickets. Which is also a surprise and he has no idea so please no one mention it.

They're also playing there the next day but I think that's the day we're going out for Mike's birthday.

It's really annoying because every time Andy's favourite bands tour, they always play London on a weeknight which he can't do.

Dammit!!!!!!

Blink Me

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So they're playing Shepherds Bush ON VALANTINES DAY which would be a perfect Valentine surprise for Andy, except for the fact that I've already shelled out for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory tickets. Which is also a surprise and he has no idea so please no one mention it.

They're also playing there the next day but I think that's the day we're going out for Mike's birthday.

It's really annoying because every time Andy's favourite bands tour, they always play London on a weeknight which he can't do.

Dammit!!!!!!

Oh sorry that sucks. Is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory a musical or just a normal stage play? Because Matilda's on as well. West End loving Roald Dahl. Which reminds me I need to see when I can get tickets for the Book of Mormon.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Ah it's just a shitty covers band, we're called Honey Badger. My band before that was an originals called Enemy Planet.

Honey Badger is a pretty aggressive name for a covers band!

Yeah, drummers and singers are usually the sticking point. Everyone plays guitar and anyone can play bass :p My last proper band died due to lack of a drummer, and even this one now was close - our drummer used to be the main singer/second guitarist but we had to shuffle cos the last drummer was a flaky twat.

What kinda stuff are you going to be playing? Rawkous rawk I hope!

I drove our second to last drummer into alcoholism. He uses to complain his wrists hurt and I mercilessly ripped the piss out of him for it. That and the odd time signatures.

Not too dissimilar from my last band, so HELL YEAH. It sounds awful, I love it XD

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Actually Maladroit wasn't as offensive to the listener's intelligence as Green (seriously, notice how EVERY song has a solo after the second chorus that follows the vocal melody line, pathetic). And they did the radio version of Keep Fishin which is actually a blinder of a song. But Maladroit certainly wasn't my Weezer no more. It was like losing a grandparent.

And anyway, I don't really hate Beyonce, I'm not exposed to her enough any more to really get my bile up properly.

It may sound like I'm full of hate by my hate dial only goes up to 10, my love dial goes up to 1000!

I got converted by Mrs S. It's just pop pop pop all the time so your defences get worn down!

Spot on though! I remember hearing Buddy Holly and getting the Blue Album. Every single song was perfect! I had it on tape and just listened to it over and over, then when Pinkerton came out I loved it from start to finish...wasn't aware of the critic stuff until much much later.

But the Green stopped it for me. It felt phoned in, like it made all the right moves but the're was something important missing.

What hate dial?!! I'm only serious once every so often. I'm impressed by your love capacity, though.

Oh sorry that sucks. Is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory a musical or just a normal stage play? Because Matilda's on as well. West End loving Roald Dahl. Which reminds me I need to see when I can get tickets for the Book of Mormon.

It's a musical. I took him to see Book of Mormon last year (it was excellent) his first musical and he loved it. He's been on at me to go and see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for ages but I keep putting him off, he has no idea I've bought tickets for Valentine's Day.

theaface

Bought tickets for a marathon Stewart Lee gig on the 15th Feb at the Southbank. He's doing 3hrs, 45mins! Can't wait. He's up and down the country during late Jan and early Feb so if anyone's in the mood for some top notch stand up, you can't go wrong.

Which reminds me I need to see when I can get tickets for the Book of Mormon.

You absolutely do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom