• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts Review Thread | Celebrating 10 years of doody

Xater

Is this the year when the stagnation of this franchise will finally be reflected in its Metacritic score?

BearPawB

Banned
The 3/5 GB review is pretty ambivalent. The tone of the review is in line with how I have spoken about every CoD since 4, kind of like I'm sighing while at the same time mildly enjoying myself.

I think you just summed up Jeff's outlook on life

VDUbJ0R.png

As a person who was not a DS3 fan (and at times avoided shooters on the console) - HOPE

IGN you fucking POS

Good ol' reliable Scott Lowe.

From what I've seen of the IGN review and those from other sites, they had access to review copies for current gen and next gen consoles. I don't think the player count is different across platforms, so it must be a general issue. It's weird reading that COD maps are too big when they've been so tightly packed in the past.

It is actually.

From what I've seen of the IGN review and those from other sites, they had access to review copies for current gen and next gen consoles. I don't think the player count is different across platforms, so it must be a general issue. It's weird reading that COD maps are too big when they've been so tightly packed in the past.

It is different actually. Current gen goes up to 12 players, where next gen and PC can go up to 18 in certain modes. I'm just not sure if it's in every mode.

elfinke

I think you just summed up Jeff's outlook on life

Hahaha, yeah. Not having met Jeff I give him the benefit of the doubt to the alternative, but for sure there have been TNT/UPF's and other times where I've thought exactly that about him.

Coolwhip

Banned
This should be fun. Now that the gamesites are collectively fapping over Titanfall, it wouldnt surprise me if Ghosts score a lot lower. But with arguements that could be made about all the versions of recent years. Just watch.

RussellXV

Haven't seen many COD-like ratings. Seems quite lower than what I'm used to seeing. This is going to force me to pick up BF4 at launch.

NZNova

PC version here. Running fine with everything at max settings, which is nice. Really over-the-top head bobbing in this game though, and no option to turn it down. FOV seems stuck at a really narrow setting with no way that I can see to adjust it, and I'm getting a bit of audio cutting in and out during cutscenes.

Other than that, seems pretty fun so far.

Dueck

Banned
The 3/5 GB review is pretty ambivalent. The tone of the review is in line with how I have spoken about every CoD since 4, kind of like I'm sighing while at the same time mildly enjoying myself.

That's a pretty good way to sum up my feelings as well. I did enjoy Black Ops a fair amount, but 4 was one of the best online games on anything ever (for me).

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Next gen SKUs (PS4 in this case) with frame rate hitches? Sounds like another win for thuway...he anticipated this as well, remember?

Into

The general theme from the reviews is that Black Ops 2 at least was aware of the stagnating nature of the series and did try a few new things

Ghosts does not even do that, it plays it safe and some of the modes sound very dull. Extinction has one map that you can beat in a day and...thats it, why come back to it?

I am suprised that so many major outlets are giving it a low score, and yes 7s and 6s are VERY LOW scores in the world of video game journalism and its relation to major western third party publishers.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
If you play Calladoody based on review scores you're doing it wrong

Penryn

Banned
After buying a previous Call of Duty and feeling like I just bought a 60 dollar expansion pack, this series is on my ignore list until I see something new from it.

WoolyNinja

Next gen SKUs (PS4 in this case) with frame rate hitches? Sounds like another win for thuway...he anticipated this as well, remember?

I've watched some videos and am just not seeing the framerate hitches? Maybe they'll come out with some videos showing them? Even the IGN video review when they mention it - they don't actually show an example?

EDIT: would be nice to know if this is extreme nitpicking where it happens for 5 seconds out of the entire single player campaign or if its something that occurs somewhat often?

It is different actually. Current gen goes up to 12 players, where next gen and PC can go up to 18 in certain modes. I'm just not sure if it's in every mode.

So perhaps it's a general issue that they had that is more noticeable when playing on current gen consoles. I'm curious how PC players here are faring with these maps then.

Penryn

Banned
I am suprised that so many major outlets are giving it a low score, and yes 7s and 6s are VERY LOW scores in the world of video game journalism and its relation to major western third party publishers.

It will be interesting to see if that affects sales or not.

Pop

I've watched some videos and am just not seeing the framerate hitches? Maybe they'll come out with some videos showing them? Even the IGN video review when they mention it - they don't actually show an example?

I been watching a couple of videos from IGN including that mp one and I've yet to see drop in frames. Everything looks smooth.

Top Bottom