• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

baconcow

No offense but your scenario is ridiculous and completely irrelevant.

Except it isn't. The intent of the user is really the issue, here, and that is what I am trying to showcase, without choosing a side. Why you are shuffling them up is the morality portion of the issue (IMO).

Tik-Tok

Except it isn't. The intent of the user is really the issue, here, and that is what I am trying to showcase, without choosing a side.

If you want to illustrate a point you should try using a plausible real world scenario.
Not one that involves acting like an insane person. No one can relate.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure you can legally return an unopened item to a store for whatever reason...

Gamejunky

So I don't normally preorder games from Amazon but I preordered rare replay because it was cheaper (only 3 dollars but whatever) because I knew I wanted it day one. I'm checking my order status and it's not even shipped? Is this normal for Amazon? I'm just gonna cancel my order and get it locally.

baconcow

So I don't normally preorder games from Amazon but I preordered rare replay because it was cheaper (only 3 dollars but whatever) because I knew I wanted it day one. I'm checking my order status and it's not even shipped? Is this normal for Amazon? I'm just gonna cancel my order and get it locally.

This happened to me with Senran Kagura on the PS Vita. I ordered it long before it was released, with Prime 2-day shipping, which was set for release date delivery. Came about a week late (and damaged).

SSReborn

I'm pretty sure Amazon is shit with getting new releases to you on time. For the few games I got from that site majority came late. BB is definitely better in that department.

ohlawd

if you don't have Prime, you might as well not exist to Amazon.

then a week later, your existence will temporarily phase in and Amazon will realize, "oh, didn't this guy preorder blah blah? we better ship it to him before he disappears into the void again"

if you don't have Prime, you might as well not exist to Amazon.

then a week later, your existence will temporarily phase in and Amazon will realize, "oh, didn't this guy preorder blah blah? we better ship it to him before he disappears into the void again"

Pretty much. Although they are good about giving you credit basically any time you complain about anything. So there's that.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope my MGS5 copy from Amazon won't take long to ship, otherwise I think I won't be able to resist committing a crime...

Whoa whoa whoa fraud? Using a store's return policy to return something in the exact condition you bought it in isn't fraud. Sure the merchant loses out on fees, but that's what happens for every return they process.

Returning a filler you used for free shipping is fraud?
Returning that extra thing you bought for a friend is fraud?
Returning the a***** you couldn't scalp is fraud?

Returning without a receipt is fraud.
Returning a bag of sand instead of an iPad is fraud.
Returning that air conditioner you bought for a heat wave isn't fraud, it's just immoral and makes a retailer consider implementing a restocking fee.

EDIT: Detailing a merchant's practices and policies are irrelevant to the discussion. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Walmart lets you return a certain amount of unopened items without receipt per month.

The Master Chief controller they announced for Xbox One is pretty ugly, but the Locke one is relatively nice.

amrod

Rare Replay - Xbox One

Shipping estimate: Friday, August 7, 2015
Delivery estimate: Thursday, August 13, 2015 - Thursday, August 20, 2015 by 8:00pm

Slow amazon

Amazon didn't charge nor give me a shipping notice for Rare Replay

But it still says it'll arrive today

Are they testing their drone system today or what because I've been lusting for Rare Replay for the past 2 weeks after I remembered I got it for like $20

terrible

Banned
Bestbuy claims they can't change my shipping address for MSG V because the rest of my order has already shipped or something hilarious like that. If their website wasn't broken I'd just change it myself so I didn't have to deal with their stupid customer service. I wonder how many people I'm going to have to contact before I get someone who has a clue so I can get it changed. Annoying.

Dazzler

Wait, I came into this convo late, but I just noticed the debate about some dude suggesting the return trick is fraud lol. Thats insane.

perhaps fraud is too strong a word, but I def think it's a bit of a shitty move to waste a retailer's time and money because of impatience

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Returning resaleable items is never fraud.

If the item you returned can still be sold for an equal or greater amount than the funds they gave you at the time of return then everyone wins.

Most companies have changed their policies to make it as easy as possible for customers to make returns and exchanges.
If their customer service is good the customer will return to the store. Any reason to get a customer into the store is a good reason.

Returning resaleable items is never fraud.

Purchasing for the INTENT of returning is fraud. Again, this is something you'd never get caught for, you'll never get charged for, and there would never be repercussions. My only point I wanted to make is that suggesting to commit a crime, no matter how small, is inappropriate.

Amazon didn't charge nor give me a shipping notice for Rare Replay

But it still says it'll arrive today

Are they testing their drone system today or what because I've been lusting for Rare Replay for the past 2 weeks after I remembered I got it for like $20

Priority (paid!) shipping here, but it's still sitting at the CP depot. Sounds like tomorrow at the earliest.

Mimosa97

Purchasing for the INTENT of returning is fraud. Again, this is something you'd never get caught for, you'll never get charged for, and there would never be repercussions. My only point I wanted to make is that suggesting to commit a crime, no matter how small, is inappropriate.

It's not fraud. You're exploiting a loophole and it's ethically dubious but it's not fraud and definitely not a crime. I would honestly never do that to a local business but Walmart ? Fuck them.

Now let's go back to the subject of the topic, shall we ?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Now let's go back to the subject of the topic, shall we ?
Agreed. Today I PM'd Infamous Second Son at BB from the Source clearance and ended up getting it for $4. Great timing on borrowing my friend's PS4. 😊

I don't advocate that everyone start ripping off big box stores, but what the heck is with all the compassion being shown towards corporations that have unethical business practices 100X worse than returning mechandise that they can still sell for full price.

I feel like my head is going to explode.

Dr.brain64

Gold Member
I preordered rare replay after e3 so I'm guessing I'll get it next week (later)? It's probably sold out from the e3 preorders!

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion 6: For Prime Members Only

CRA5H

Rare Replay - Xbox One

Shipping estimate: Friday, August 7, 2015
Delivery estimate: Thursday, August 13, 2015 - Thursday, August 20, 2015 by 8:00pm

Slow amazon
I used priority shipping (Free upgrade) and its supposed to be here on Friday because my area in downtown Toronto doesn't qualify for priority shipping. Da f?

Guys any good console trade in deals? I heard best buy will give me $50 recycle credit for any console i trade in.

Looking to get a new ps4 as the old one is fucked. I

amrod

Rare replay shipped,so the time they gave was wrong

Item Subtotal: CDN$ 26.99
Shipping and handling: CDN$ 0.00
E3 30% off promo: -CDN$ 8.10
Tax Calculated (GST/HST): CDN$ 0.94
Tax Calculated (PST/QST): CDN$ 0.00
Total: CDN$ 19.83

For the cheaper price it's ok to be a bit later then street date

terrible

Banned
I used priority shipping (Free upgrade) and its supposed to be here on Friday because my area in downtown Toronto doesn't qualify for priority shipping. Da f?

I got it day 1 with Express which is a tier below Priority. I live in Toronto. Amazon/Canada Post are weird.

Guys any good console trade in deals? I heard best buy will give me $50 recycle credit for any console i trade in.

Looking to get a new ps4 as the old one is fucked. I

Not sure if its on now, but I'm a big fan of the periodic EB trade bump deals. No hassle trade in, and the deal is usually +$50 or some fixed percentage. They check that it turns on.

I got it day 1 with Express which is a tier below Priority. I live in Toronto. Amazon/Canada Post are weird.

Lol. Yup Toronto too. Been sitting in the CP depot since Sunday, says expected delivery today but "delivery standard" is tomorrow. Obviously coming tomorrow :) interesting yours says not qualify for release delivery, I wonder if this is a new thing for AMZN. Would explain why mine is sitting idle too despite being in the city.

Oddly I received a couple other larger (gaming related) packages by post today, from outside the country.

SickBoy

Bleh. I was all ready to absorb the cost for Prime -- so much that I contacted CS and bugged them about upgrading my E3 shipping (didn't want to do that until I had made a decision). Then Rare Replay happened. Bought it the day I signed up for a Prime trial, and until Tuesday, I was getting Tuesday as my delivery date. Now it's Friday. Still hasn't shipped.

To be clear, I'm not super antsy to get this game, but I don't want to experience the same delays down the road, if I'm paying $70/year... :\

I guess I still need to test out their photo backup software, because that's something I'm interested in. But Google Photo is a thing these days (and iCloud is cheaper than Amazon, too).

I got an email from Amazon saying Rare Replay is delayed to tomorrow, August 6th.

I check the website order details and it says August 10th to August 11 for the estimated delivery

I believed in Amazon and now I don't know what to believe in

I got an email from Amazon saying Rare Replay is delayed to tomorrow, August 6th.

I check the website order details and it says August 10th to August 11 for the estimated delivery

I believed in Amazon and now I don't know what to believe in

Believe in Amazon's prices and deals, not their speedy shipping.

terrible

Banned
Bestbuy customer service is a mess. Now they're saying you can't even change shipping details for security reasons and I have to cancel my order and make a mew one with my up to date address. Yeah, no. I'm not losing my $48 price for MGS V. I'm starting to move from annoyed to angry lol.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Bestbuy customer service is a mess. Now they're saying you can't even change shipping details for security reasons and I have to cancel my order and make a mew one with my up to date address. Yeah, no. I'm not losing my $48 price for MGS V. I'm starting to move from annoyed to angry lol.

Same thing happened to me. Luckily, I move around the time of the E3 sale, so I just asked the CS agent to cancel everything and re-ordered... at Amazon. Shipping might be slower, but their website and customer service isn't a complete joke like Best Buy's.

Top Bottom