• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

DJ_Lae

"That damn game"? Why so salty? It's the best game ever made.

I don't blame him, really - especially if he didn't play it right away. I went into it a few months after the insane hype and it didn't quite meet the expectations people had set. But no game could.

It's a better experience than game, I think. I love everything other than the combat/stealth.

Eternia

You need to get the charger with them, though, right? I wish I could just charge them through the Xbox cable.

I just need four batteries and a charger, I guess.
Yeah, probably can just grab something like the package DayEnder linked if you're not too picky. From the manual, it looks to be a slower charger. Not much of an issue if you charge as soon as they're depleted.

If you're in Toronto, looks like NCIX has stock at their stores. Costco is another option (if you have a membership) that stocks and discounts Eneloops on a regular basis.

Yeah, probably can just grab something like the package DayEnder linked if you're not too picky. From the manual, it looks to be a slower charger. Not much of an issue if you charge as soon as they're depleted.

If you're in Toronto, looks like NCIX has stock at their stores. Costco is another option (if you have a membership) that stocks and discounts Eneloops on a regular basis.

Thanks. I'm not in the city, else I could go NCIX.

I looked at Costco.ca, and they seem to only have the expensive packs. I really only need four AAs and a charger.

I also don't have a membership, but a friend does.

Canada computers has eneloops + charger. I'm not sure of the price as i ordered mine on sale from Dell. They are usually pretty good but not the cheapest as far as pricing goes

Roto13

Speaking of powering Xbone controllers, I ordered a play and charge pack from Amazon on Friday, hoping it'd get here before my current set of batteries die. It was supposed to ship on Monday but it hasn't shipped yet and now my batteries are low.

Nobody has a worse life than me.

khaaan

Help me Canada-GAF plz

A couple days ago we received an email from Rogers saying that some company requested our download history (or something along those lines). Today we got another one. The thing is though I can't remember the last time we pirated anything and we certainly didn't pirate anything between the two emails. Is this just a scare tactic? The only thing I can think of is that we complained and eventually got unlimited internet so we've been spamming streaming services, downloading my entire steam library, etc.

FrsDvl

Help me Canada-GAF plz

A couple days ago we received an email from Rogers saying that some company requested our download history (or something along those lines). Today we got another one. The thing is though I can't remember the last time we pirated anything and we certainly didn't pirate anything between the two emails. Is this just a scare tactic? The only thing I can think of is that we complained and eventually got unlimited internet so we've been spamming streaming services, downloading my entire steam library, etc.

If you don't pirate I don't see what would be the issue. How much do you download on avarage each month? Also if it's because of pirating the letter would say what you downloaded and when you downloaded it.

I'm with Telus and almost hit 1tb every month, and never received anything.

I suggest phoning Rogers to see what's up.

krae_man

Help me Canada-GAF plz

Is someone other then you pirating?

Is someone stealing your WiFi?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Help me Canada-GAF plz

http://www.michaelgeist.ca/2015/04/...eceive-a-copyright-infringement-notification/

You shouldn't worry too much, especially if you can't remember the last time you pirated anything.

Mimosa97

Help me Canada-GAF plz

It's a scare tactic. Don't agree to anything and tell them to fuck off.

Well first I would contact Rogers and ask what the fuck is going on. I recently got an email from Bell because my ex-gf dled some stupid Game of Throne episode.
Bell was just forwarding the initial emails from HBO saying that X content had been downloaded illegally from XX IP adress. They have no way of knowing it's you unless you answer that email like an idiot. As long as I don't answer, they have no way of knowing it's me. Bell isn't allowed to give any of my personnal info, that's how the law works (for now). They only have to forward those emails to their customers. And that's about it. They also only keep data (which IP adress matches which account) for 6 months.

I called Bell, they told me not to worry about it and that's it. They didn't even tell me to stop pirating but I never do it anyway.

MarkusRJR

So I heard that since 3 year contracts were banned a few years back you could move carriers without paying carrier cancellation fees after your 2 year point. Is this true? My 2nd year into my contract is up and it says my device balance is zero on the TELUS website, but I dunno.

I wanna move to MTS since it'd be $20 cheaper and basically the same for me.

FrsDvl

So I heard that since 3 year contracts were banned a few years back you could move carriers without paying carrier cancellation fees after your 2 year point. Is this true? My 2nd year into my contract is up and it says my device balance is zero on the TELUS website, but I dunno.

I wanna move to MTS since it'd be $20 cheaper and basically the same for me.

Yeah my girlfriend did it with Rogers without any trouble.

It's a scare tactic. Don't agree to anything and tell them to fuck off.

Well first I would contact Rogers and ask what the fuck is going on. I recently got an email from Bell because my ex-gf dled some stupid Game of Throne episode.
Bell was just forwarding the initial emails from HBO saying that X content had been downloaded illegally from XX IP adress. They have no way of knowing it's you unless you answer that email like an idiot. As long as I don't answer, they have no way of knowing it's me. Bell isn't allowed to give any of my personnal info, that's how the law works (for now). They only have to forward those emails to their customers. And that's about it. They also only keep data (which IP adress matches which account) for 6 months.

I called Bell, they told me not to worry about it and that's it. They didn't even tell me to stop pirating but I never do it anyway.

Well, if you ignore those e-mails, keep pirating, and they decide to sue they can eventually get your personal information

Whether the, "You can't prove it was me using the computer," argument still holds up in court is another matter altogether

That's how I understand it based on articles I've read

Mimosa97

Well, if you ignore those e-mails, keep pirating, and they decide to sue they can eventually get your personal information

Whether the, "You can't prove it was me using the computer," argument still holds up in court is another matter altogether

Yeah but even if I was into pirating stuff, my IP address keeps changing (dynamic IP with Bell) so they can't know that it's the same person who's doing the pirating, except if my ISP tells them and knowing that they're not allowed to disclose such information, they won't.

So basically you won't get sued. Well it hasn't happened yet in Canada ... Maybe one day but for the meantime you're pretty safe. You just need to never answer those emails because that's how they get your personnal info.

Ondore

Anyone else holding onto their Last Guardian PS3 E3 Future Shop preorders in the hopes that they'll be honored?

I got a good feeling!!

I just want to deal with my last FS preorders once, so when I finish off the one I want (XCX and SMTxFE) I'm cancelling it. It was filler for something we don't talk about here, so I should get out of it.

BadWolf

Anyone else holding onto their Last Guardian PS3 E3 Future Shop preorders in the hopes that they'll be honored?

I got a good feeling!!

Still have my Best Buy order from 2012 for TLG (PS3), $43.99.

Wonder if it will hold up, they still email me reminders about it.

To my knowledge, there hasn't been one case of someone being sued for pirating in Canada yet. And that includes the people who legit pirate on a power level, uploading and downloading tons of data per day.

Dazzler

To my knowledge, there hasn't been one case of someone being sued for pirating in Canada yet. And that includes the people who legit pirate on a power level, uploading and downloading tons of data per day.

I've gone completely legit in 2015 thanks to Netflix (US on PS4, Canadian on Xbox One) Spotify and WWE Network

I just go to the bar for UFC PPVs now too

Feels good, man

Renewed

Sure would have been nice if Best Buy emailed me telling me they cancelled my order. Noticed yesterday and tried to get it reinstated but it didn't work, saying something about having 10 days. Better to save $300 than $50 in the end, so I'm cancelling the new order.

Still can't wrap my head around this. I kind of understand the 10 day thing, but no email confirming cancellation? I don't always check these things....

ohlawd

Sure would have been nice if Best Buy emailed me telling me they cancelled my order. Noticed yesterday and tried to get it reinstated but it didn't work, saying something about having 10 days. Better to save $300 than $50 in the end, so I'm cancelling the new order.

Still can't wrap my head around this. I kind of understand the 10 day thing, but no email confirming cancellation? I don't always check these things....

what was the order? E3 games?

Renewed

what was the order? E3 games?

Yeah, Trails of Cold Steel, P4DAN:CE, Super Mario Maker, SMTxFE and Triforce Heroes. Basically the backup order to the amazon order. SMTxFE is at the same price through FutureShop (who knows how that'll go), and P4DAN:CE is about $8 more on amazon. Otherwise not gonna bother with the rest.

Dazzler

saw a bunch of people walking around Downtown Van with Xbox One consoles in Microsoft bags

Guess the new Microsoft Store in Pacific Centre must have had some hot deals

Forgot to cancel some duplicate items from my E3 orders along with forgetting to select free shipping with one of them. OTL Anyone in the Vancouver area want a copy of Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight for $52?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
saw a bunch of people walking around Downtown Van with Xbox One consoles in Microsoft bags

Yeah, they were also giving a few away. A friend lined up all morning for a $10 gift card though, lol!

the3ye

$200 refurb for 50 people + $350 for MCC bundle. I guess the deal on their site is better, they give 1yr of Live

Quick

Banned
so when did new games become 79.99? .. last time i check it was 69.99... jesus. :/

there goes destiny the taken king.

Jacksonlee after escaping the Jumanji board game set and looking at game prices...

MQdHmuc.gif

I feel you bro. :(

Dazzler

Yeah, they were also giving a few away. A friend lined up all morning for a $10 gift card though, lol!

people really need to value their own time more. These kind of promotions are always dumb and always attract absolute bottom feeders bringing their entire family out at 4am to line up for a free gift card

amrod

Canada post is a horrible company...

2015/08/06 08:49 CALGARY, AB Item successfully delivered
08:43 CALGARY, AB Item out for delivery

Its not in the mailbox or nothing (normal mail was)... according to their phone customer service they sometimes mark packages as delivered as they are loading them on to the trucks, which is the stupidest thing I have heard

Top Bottom