• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Bestbuy customer service is a mess. Now they're saying you can't even change shipping details for security reasons and I have to cancel my order and make a mew one with my up to date address. Yeah, no. I'm not losing my $48 price for MGS V. I'm starting to move from annoyed to angry lol.

Did you call in? I find the phone reps to be a lot better at actually doing what you want.

That said, this is a big reason why I prefer Amazon despite the slower shipping.

Cake Boss

Banned
You guys think I can change one of the games that I ordered with the E3 pre order deal (Amazon) to another game?

Want to switch Battlefront with Halo 5.

FrsDvl

You guys think I can change one of the games that I ordered with the E3 pre order deal (Amazon) to another game?

Want to switch Battlefront with Halo 5.

Try the chat, it's worth a shot. If they mention that they can't add anything to the order cause it might mess up the promotion, ask if you can make a seperate order and get it applied. I've had them change the xb1 version of mgs v to the ps4 version that way. Not sure if they would change to a complete other game though, but it's worth a shot

terrible

Banned
Did you call in? I find the phone reps to be a lot better at actually doing what you want.

That said, this is a big reason why I prefer Amazon despite the slower shipping.

2 emails, 1 call. I got a slightly different reason why I couldn't get my shipping info changed each time so I'm not going to give up.

I refuse to believe they don't allow shipping address changes on pre-orders. Do they honestly think people don't move? That pre-order is over a year old.

Bestbuy customer service is a mess. Now they're saying you can't even change shipping details for security reasons and I have to cancel my order and make a mew one with my up to date address. Yeah, no. I'm not losing my $48 price for MGS V. I'm starting to move from annoyed to angry lol.

Last time I tried to remove Rare Replay and Gears of War Ultimate from my most recent BB pre order.

The lady tried VERY hard to convince me it was better to keep it even though I flat out told her I found it cheaper at Amazon and I'm not interested in those games from Best Buy. Then she said she couldnt remove the games from the order cause didn't know how to remove specific games from the order without canceling everything. This was then followed by at least 15 minutes of silence until she eventually canceled the games from the order.

The last time I called was to remove I think Splatoon or something a while ago cause I didn't want the game anymore. That took 4 minutes in the call time. This one took at least 35 minutes somehow

Does Amazon let you combine existing orders into one giant one?

Yes but you have do it customer service reps. Also, you may lose any promotions on your orders, so make sure to confirm with the rep before you do it. I was able to get some of my old promotions honoured through a flat discount or store credit, but sometimes they won't do it.

terrible

Banned
Has anyone ever had any luck getting their address changed at best buy? If not then maybe I actually will have to take the L here. I never thought I'd have this problem at the time but I now wish I ordered MGS V on Amazon this E3.

@Wreck

Has anyone ever had any luck getting their address changed at best buy? If not then maybe I actually will have to take the L here. I never thought I'd have this problem at the time but I now wish I ordered MGS V on Amazon this E3.

just call CS

they cleared up my FS order and My BB orders np

Oneself

just call CS

they cleared up my FS order and My BB orders np
I had to call BB twice last week and rarely experienced such a terrible service.
I wanted to update my CC's expiration date on 3 FS orders; the 1st call took about 10 minutes and went too well, I later received an email telling me the changes weren't done properly on 2 of them and those two didn't match my bank infos. They asked to call them directly within the next 5 days or my orders would be cancelled.
I called them back and spoke with someone that didn't even know BB customer support covered FutureShop's pre-orders... It took her 47 minutes to update my CC infos!! She wanted me to cancel the orders "cause it would be more simple" just to pre-order the games again through BB's website. Yeeaah right, I have games like MGSV, Kingdom Hearts, Mirror's Edge, The Division & Tomb Raider (PS4) @ 39.89$ or less...
I'm still not sure if she updated my orders properly... I'm kind of expecting to see my orders being cancelled automatically in a couple of days.

Canon

Banned
Amazon still hasn't shipped Rare Replay and it's supposed to be priority shipping. And I pre-ordered it the day it went up.

Banned
We already decided the next thread is going to be a mocking of the shitty Canadian dollar.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussions Thread 6 | In the U.S. it would be Thread 4.55

Kieli

We already decided the next thread is going to be a mocking of the shitty Canadian dollar.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussions Thread 6 | In the U.S. it would be Thread 4.55

That's a great title. Or should I say, that's a terrible title that I take great enjoyment in. :'(

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

As long as the number gets updated once a week I'm ok with it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They should apply the previous promo to your game though. I might try again and see if you can get that to happen.

bryt

Thinking about switching from Rogers to Wind. Is the coverage near SFU Surrey, Vancouver City Hall and Downtown Vancouver any good? Those are the 3 places I'm at the most.

My Rare Replay says it will ship tomorrow but won't get to me until a week later

good thing I have a massive backlog :(

Yeah I ordered a manga volume and it says it's gonna ship tomorrow but get here on Monday as well.

If you live in one of the big 3 cities (Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver) you might get it the same day though. I live in Midtown Toronto, and with Prime's 2 day shipping stuff usually shows up the day it ships for whatever reason even though the estimate on their website is like a week away. It happened to me for most of the games I got this year from last years E3 deals.

MisterJoynt

Neo Member
Por que no los dos?

I find this one to be my favourite, but that's today me talking. As previously mentioned by a few others, the exchange rate tie in is great today but would require constant management in order to keep it funny.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Dammit Im not buying Splatoon until it drops to $50 at least! Cmon Nintendo!

Stat!

Odd question, does anyone use rechargable batteries?

My current one for AAA batteries sucks is and is broken (Duracell one). Not really sure where to start.

My current one for AAA batteries sucks is and is broken (Duracell one). Not really sure where to start.

I'm in the same boat, re: looking for affordable and good rechargables.

I bought a Play N' Charge battery kit for my One controller, but when I returned a defective controller I forgot to take it out. Then, I got another one at Target for $10 and it lasted a year if that, before failing to hold a charge.

I've been using AA batteries that a family member got from work, but those are getting limited.

Erudite

I personally use Eneloops, bought them when they were recommended by The Wirecutter.

I believe the reason why the article has been archived is because I've heard here and there that Eneloops have been discontinued? But they've still been available on Amazon without issue.

Eternia

Grab some type of low self discharge battery like Eneloops at Dell that commonly goes on sale for $10-12 per 4 or $15-20 for 8.

AmazonBasics batteries also seem to be just rebadged Eneloops.

baconcow

Just do it:
Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussions Thread 4.55 USD

I personally use Eneloops, bought them when they were recommended by The Wirecutter.

I believe the reason why the article has been archived is because I've heard here and there that Eneloops have been discontinued? But they've still been available on Amazon without issue.

Grab some type of low self discharge battery like Eneloops at Dell that commonly goes on sale for $10-12 per 4 or $15-20 for 8.

AmazonBasics batteries also seem to be just rebadged Eneloops.

You need to get the charger with them, though, right? I wish I could just charge them through the Xbox cable.

I just need four batteries and a charger, I guess.

joedick

I find this one to be my favourite, but that's today me talking. As previously mentioned by a few others, the exchange rate tie in is great today but would require constant management in order to keep it funny.

The gist of the joke is still there, I can't imagine anybody wouldn't appreciate it if it was off by 0.25. I think it's a great title, no need for updates. I'm sure mods have enough on their plate without having to update thread titles so some nitpicky Canadians can lol at a joke three months in.

ohlawd

I asked this during E3 and they said no.

lol put it off for so long but I finally went to SDM. bought ten bucks worth of microwavable shit and got the 3000 points. yep, load the offer and you're good. plus, the clerk I got was really nice >_>

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?

Eneloops. Best rechargables around.

Dell's online store thing used to have good deals on them frequently, maybe check there. Or amazon. I dunno.

Top Bottom