• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Wow, for the first time ever I bought something from Amazon and it's coming from somewhere that isn't the Mississauga warehouse

Rare Replay is coming from Montreal, and a volume of manga from Richmond in BC. I guess I really am getting them on Monday. God I hope Rare Replay is sent here over night.

Madouu

Uh looks like my pana st50 gave up after three years of life, 8 blinking red lights. This really sucks as I'm not looking to buy a new tv any time soon.

shoulda been jordan spieth

I concur
(I actually think it's silly they're putting a name for the game still. Being such an international sport, you'd think they'd do a different cover athlete for each region the game is sold in. David Hern on the Canadian edition? Sure!)

I think it should be just "Golf 2016". Put the LPGA in there. They'd get a lot more interest from Asian customers (a lot of the top female golfers are Asian, namely Korean).

McIlroy isn't American, a household name, and is hard to pronounce.

Dazzler

I think it should be just "Golf 2016". Put the LPGA in there. They'd get a lot more interest from Asian customers (a lot of the top female golfers are Asian, namely Korean).

McIlroy isn't American, a household name, and is hard to pronounce.

Hearing North American people butcher Irish names is a guilty pleasure of mine

Saoirse Ronan is always a good one for this

One of my good friends from home is called Maighread

kennah

Hearing North American people butcher Irish names is a guilty pleasure of mine

Saoirse Ronan is always a good one for this

One of my good friends from home is called Maighread
Since watching Song of the Sea, I don't mispronounce Saoirse anymore.

Dazzler

Was in London Drugs earlier picking up some groceries and noticed they had Zoo Tycoon for Xbox One for 9.99

Picked it up because why not

frequency

They dont. Did you buy from a thrid party seller who might be located in Calgary? Or maybe shipping details got missed and first scanned location was Calgary

No. I bought 3 items, all from Amazon. And it's coming from Calgary. I don't think it got messed up and scanned later. The item I was waiting for (some spools) came in stock and it shipped that night from Calgary.

http://i.imgur.com/gVFGrp2.png
http://i.imgur.com/wdrdxXn.png

I've been back and forth on picking up MLB15 The Show all season but AA's magic at trade deadline has me pretty much committed to getting the game. Is $39.99 the best price atm? I want to buy soon to use the latest roster update and my amazon prime membership before the 1 month expires (prime day sucked).

I've been back and forth on picking up MLB15 The Show all season but AA's magic at trade deadline has me pretty much committed to getting the game. Is $39.99 the best price atm? I want to buy soon to use the latest roster update and my amazon prime membership before the 1 month expires (prime day sucked).

Just get it asap

Sora_N

Anyone know what happens if I have an amazon offer of two items that I got got free shipping and I want to cancel the expensive one? Will I have to pay shipping since the other item is $15? Lol

Anyone know what happens if I have an amazon offer of two items that I got got free shipping and I want to cancel the expensive one? Will I have to pay shipping since the other item is $15? Lol

Yes. This is what happens when for instance a price error item is cancelled: the filler that was added is shipped with a shipping fee. Sometimes if you catch it in time CS will either cancel the filler or refund your shipping.

kinger

agh still no Splatoon deal. I might have to cave and buy full price $69.99 q_q
If you have a Shopper's Optimum card, sometimes they have $ off a certain amount spent coupons (do they still do these, or are they completely in the form of points now?), but stock varies depending on the store.

Are they shipping together? Like is it possible to wait for the cheaper item to ship and then cancel the other one? Otherwise try talking to CS, they might "make an exception" for you. I don't know what happens if you cancel one by yourself and end up below the free shipping minimum, sorry! But I assume they charge shipping then.

Thinking about switching from Rogers to Wind. Is the coverage near SFU Surrey, Vancouver City Hall and Downtown Vancouver any good? Those are the 3 places I'm at the most.
Don't take my word for it, but there might be a "testing period" with Wind where you can see if coverage meets your needs? (Like to see if you get signal at home and stuff)

I can't tell you specifically how coverage is there, because it's been a while since I was frequently in the area, but I don't remember any major problems? (If you're interested, I can pay attention to signal strength next time I'm in those areas.)

I've never actually been inside the Surrey campus building proper, but I remember signal inside Central City being mostly ok. The only place I had problems there was on the ground floor of Target (I can tell you for sure though that it works around the Skytrain area).

With campuses, I find it mostly depends on your phone, where you are, and how much cement the building's made of (lol), like I get signal in some weird places at school, but not others (my school's old and built out of thick cement walls hahaha), and occasionally my phone takes a while to adjust to getting signal again in an area I know it gets signal. (it usually works to turn off radio signal in no-network spots, and turn it back on in known working network spots)

Again, generally signal is pretty good in the areas you listed, but it may depend on exactly where you are (those generally encompass large areas!)
On the upside, when in doubt you can now retreat to the Canada line, since it's covered now by Wind haha.

CKB3375

New Deal

Just saw Batman Arkham Knight for $49.99, PS4 only, at the Newmarket Costco. Not sure if it's Costco wide but hopefully at least those near NM can take advantage of a pretty good, and rare, deal.

Tempting, I tried out the free version of DriveClub last night and my jaw dropped when it started to storm lol

But I'm not a big fan of racing games as I'm not going to buy a wheel

terrible

Banned

It was $25 recently at BB and I got it at that price. It's $35 used at EB but it does seem $40 is how much it is new everywhere right now.

If you get it and you're anything like me be prepared to hit .200 if you play on veteran or harder lol. It's my first baseball game since the 08 version of The Show and I'm rusty as hell. I started 1-5 but recently went on a 4 game winning streak so I'm .500 now!

etta

my hard graphic balls
How long does Amazon.ca take to email you the Black Ops 3 beta code? I was thinking to preorder just for that, and cancel after I receive the code.

How long does Amazon.ca take to email you the Black Ops 3 beta code? I was thinking to preorder just for that, and cancel after I receive the code.

Should be within an hour or something. When I pre-ordered BO3 from the E3 pre-orders I got it within half an hour.

It was $25 recently at BB and I got it at that price. It's $35 used at EB but it does seem $40 is how much it is new everywhere right now.

If you get it and you're anything like me be prepared to hit .200 if you play on veteran or harder lol. It's my first baseball game since the 08 version of The Show and I'm rusty as hell. I started 1-5 but recently went on a 4 game winning streak so I'm .500 now!

Mostly interested be a gm mode than playing. How is that aspect? I'm not expecting an OOTP like depth just something deeper than the NHL series quality.

Anyone ever have an issue with re-sealed games being sold where it is actually amazon.ca as the seller (and not just fulfilled by)? I'd expect this from unscrupulous 3rd parties, not Amazon itself. Of course at this moment they don't have any and only 3rd parties remain.

I received Monster Hunter 3 for Wii U and the shrink-wrap is clearly not factory, but aftermarket (terrible, knobby seams). I was buying it to collect--not play, so this is an issue for me.

Amazon has already sent a replacement, but I'm skeptical it will be any different.

Advice? Experiences?

Anyone ever have an issue with re-sealed games being sold where it is actually amazon.ca as the seller? I'd expect this from unscrupulous 3rd parties, not Amazon itself.

I received Monster Hunter 3 for Wii U and the shrink-wrap is clearly not factory, but aftermarket (terrible, knobby seams). I was buying it to collect--not play, so this is an issue for me.

Amazon has already sent a replacement, but I'm skeptical it will be any different.

Advice? Experiences?

Sometimes I receive games on release day that don't have the usual factory style seal. When I worked at Blockbuster we would have products come in like that from the distributor like that as well. I don't know the reason for that.

Evil Within last year came in shipped from Best Buy and had that shoddy in store style shrink wrap.

I don't think it necessarily means it's been opened prior.

terrible

Banned
Mostly interested be a gm mode than playing. How is that aspect? I'm not expecting an OOTP like depth just something deeper than the NHL series quality.

I haven't tried it yet. I've played 10 games in a season and a handful of games in the Road to the Show mode as a CF.

For games in Canada, some games are re-sealed to insert a French manual on the back.

That explains why sometimes I'd see the French manual or whatever just shrink wrapped onto the case. No not in the case. ONTO the case. And it makes the case look all thick and stuff like it's special or something, but in reality it's just the useless French manual.

Xenoflare

Anyone ever have an issue with re-sealed games being sold where it is actually amazon.ca as the seller (and not just fulfilled by)? I'd expect this from unscrupulous 3rd parties, not Amazon itself. Of course at this moment they don't have any and only 3rd parties remain.

Advice? Experiences?

I actually got a resealed Infamous 2 before from Superstore. The disc is actually is from the infamous collection.Unless it's a reprint, but the box still advertised the Uncharted 3 beta which led me to think that the game is resealed rather than a reprint. Someone might jacked the original disc and the stpre replaced it.

iLLmAtlc

Advice? Experiences?

I don't remember anyone agreeing with me, but I've received several (seemingly) resealed blu rays from them. Boxes are dented too.

Mimosa97

That explains why sometimes I'd see the French manual or whatever just shrink wrapped onto the case. No not in the case. ONTO the case. And it makes the case look all thick and stuff like it's special or something, but in reality it's just the useless French manual.

Do you mean that the French version is useless or that all manuals are useless ?

If it's the former then I can tell you that it's not useless for millions of people including myself so that's a really dumb thing to say.

Iced

I don't remember anyone agreeing with me, but I've received several (seemingly) resealed blu rays from them. Boxes are dented too.

This. I've received several resealed blurays from Amazon, and none of them were coming from a third party. Sometimes the discs even had finger prints on them. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the same thing is being done with video games.

Top Bottom