• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moltenix

walmart bf flyer is out

lots of tv sales,

Uncharted 4 PlayStation 4 500GB Bundle - $329.96 (regularly $379.96)
Xbox One 500GB Console - $249.96 (regularly $319.96) (OG Fat version)
Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller - $49.96 (regularly $60.96)
Microsoft Wireless Controller - $49.96 (regularly $64.96)
Nintendo 3DS Super Mario White Edition - $139.96

Mafia 3, TitanFall 2, WWE 17, Madden 17, Fifa 17 = $50

COD : Infinite Warefare Legacy Edition box set= $79.99

Gears of War 4, Overwatch, Skyrim RE, Deus Ex = $39.99

Hmm, not too much in terms of game sales.

Walmart wouldn't have Overwatch PC version would they? I'd get that for $40 if so, enjoyed the free weekend.

Edit: Doesn't look like they have PC on the site. Ah well...

antibolo

Banned
walmart bf flyer is out

lots of tv sales,

Uncharted 4 PlayStation 4 500GB Bundle - $329.96 (regularly $379.96)
Xbox One 500GB Console - $249.96 (regularly $319.96) (OG Fat version)
Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller - $49.96 (regularly $60.96)
Microsoft Wireless Controller - $49.96 (regularly $64.96)
Nintendo 3DS Super Mario White Edition - $139.96

Mafia 3, TitanFall 2, WWE 17, Madden 17, Fifa 17 = $50

COD : Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition box set= $79.99

Gears of War 4, Overwatch, Skyrim RE, Deus Ex = $39.99

Link?

Hmm, not too much in terms of game sales.

Walmart wouldn't have Overwatch PC version would they? I'd get that for $40 if so, enjoyed the free weekend.

Online site says no. It's still possible that you might find one in-store, but the last time I was in a Walmart their PC section was pretty sad so I'd say it's very YMMV that you'd even find one, never mind whether it'll also be discounted.

Battle.net should also have the sale on, though the exchange rate might screw it up a bit.

kennah

What would you say the best tv in the 200-300$ range is? Size doesn't matter, currently we are using a 22' computer monitor.

Dazzler

Yep. Three things to check.

1. Sometimes I have to plug in, take out, and replug it in for the mix to work.

2. Is the aux cord the one that came with the gold headset? You need an aux cord that has three black rings at the end (many over the counter aux cords have just two).

3. Is the Gold headset set to be off? The little switch on the left side ear needs to be set to off, or whatever they call the non wireless mode.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for this reply, my problem is issue number 2. I'd been using a store-bought aux cable that only has two rings. Guess I'll have to hunt down one with three rings

Moltenix

Can't believe no one is having deals on PS4 games like Uncharted (Collection/4) and Ratchet. EB and PSN are my last hope!

Legit haven't done anything with my new Pro and was hoping to pick up some older exclusives. But noooo, everyone has to only discount the newest holiday games -_-

Lexxism

Can't believe no one is having deals on PS4 games like Uncharted (Collection/4) and Ratchet. EB and PSN are my last hope!

Legit haven't done anything with my new Pro and was hoping to pick up some older exclusives. But noooo, everyone has to only discount the newest holiday games -_-

Sucks for Uncharted 4 but the others are only 30$ anyway.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Heh, the only thing that could've interested me was Overwatch, but then I remembered I'd need to pick up a $70 a year PS+ subscription on top of it. Fudge that. Oh well, guess I'll save money on black friday this year.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Heh, the only thing that could've interested me was Overwatch, but then I remembered I'd need to pick up a $70 a year PS+ subscription on top of it. Fudge that. Oh well, guess I'll save money on black friday this year.

You can still get $50 subscriptions from many places.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
You can still get $50 subscriptions from many places.

Thanks for the tip, but it still isn't worth it for me. The PS+ "free" games haven't been worth it for a long time, and I'm a very light online player, so I'd effectively be paying $90 + taxes only to be able to play Overwatch. I'll put that money in my Switch fund instead. :3

This reminds me, there have been next to no deals on Nintendo stuff this year except for a couple of old 3DS games at BB. I was hoping for a deal on Paper Mario Color Splash...

Does it need to be 55"? There's an option like 49" X800D for 999.99. Try checking rtings.com for review. They have reviews for Sony's x700, x750, x800 and x850. See what's good for you.

It seems the x800d has the best score for video games and hdr gaming among those 4.

No, but I'd prefer to get something over 50 because I've never had a TV that big and my current one is 42.

But review scores for the one I posted on rtings aren't exactly phenomenal.

TheExodu5

Banned
With the new prices I've just resorted to gameaccess.ca for most of my console games. Costs me around $18/mo and I can play any new releases I want.

I might cave and buy FF XV and definitely Persona 5 since I will play them for so long. But I have Titanfall 2 coming this week and am happy that I'll be able to play it without dishing out $80+.

Thanks for the tip, but it still isn't worth it for me. The PS+ "free" games haven't been worth it for a long time, and I'm a very light online player, so I'd effectively be paying $90 + taxes only to be able to play Overwatch. I'll put that money in my Switch fund instead. :3

This reminds me, there have been next to no deals on Nintendo stuff this year except for a couple of old 3DS games at BB. I was hoping for a deal on Paper Mario Color Splash...

They must think that everyone who wanted it already bought it. The Wii U is dead and buried at this point so they don't even bother putting anything on sale.

Lexxism

No, but I'd prefer to get something over 50 because I've never had a TV that big and my current one is 42.

But review scores for the one I posted on rtings aren't exactly phenomenal.
But for that price, pretty much enough to get you the 55" ks8000 at BH Photo but I don't know if you like the hassle anyway.

Kyolux

I'm liking the prices I'm seeing in that Black Friday Best Buy flyers for 4k/hdr tvs. But I'm waiting until next year to take the plunge. Spent enough on tech this Fall.

Haines

Banned
Time to list my xbox elite plus gears code used. Whats the cheapest you can get that bundle today. ill probably have to beat that by 75 bucks to get a sale.

I wonder if i could list it for 300 or thats way too high.

But for that price, pretty much enough to get you the 55" ks8000 at BH Photo but I don't know if you like the hassle anyway.

BH Photo? (I didn't pay close attention to that deal, because I have almost $1200 in credit from Best Buy and have been focused there. I'm not in a big rush, though, and would love the KS8000, but I don't want to spend much extra.)

Lexxism

BH Photo? (I didn't pay close attention to that deal, because I have almost $1200 in credit from Best Buy and have been focused there. I'm not in a big rush, though, and would love the KS8000, but I don't want to spend much extra.)
I actually forgot that you don't even have a credit card. I guess you can just wait. The 55" ks8000 is 2000 this Friday but I doubt you would want to pay an extra grand from your pocket.

I also have a Crunchyroll subscription.

I feel like those companies fail to understand the importance of having clients on as many platforms as possible. It's clearly a low priority to them, yet to me is always the biggest reason for not using a given service. I can watch Netflix and Crunchyroll natively on virtually any Internet-connected electronic device I own, that's a big deal.

How is the CrunchyRoll subscription? Been meaning to grab one for awhile now but I wanna make sure there are more english dubs for titles before committing. My kids would love it along with myself but they would struggle with the lack of dubs on there. Is there more dubs with a subscription?

How is the CrunchyRoll subscription? Been meaning to grab one for awhile now but I wanna make sure there are more english dubs for titles before committing. My kids would love it along with myself but they would struggle with the lack of dubs on there. Is there more dubs with a subscription?

no, if you want dubs go with a funimation subscription

Madness

What is the best way to have your game saves transferred to new console? Wanting to get rid of an old Xbox One and pick up another Xbox One S to use as a UHD player/media machine. I can redownloas every game, not an issue, but it is more about game saves. I want to use MS store trade in coupled with the discounts they have right now.

ohlawd

What is the best way to have your game saves transferred to new console? Wanting to get rid of an old Xbox One and pick up another Xbox One S to use as a UHD player/media machine. I can redownloas every game, not an issue, but it is more about game saves. I want to use MS store trade in coupled with the discounts they have right now.

don't need to. your saves are on the cloud. just sign in with your account in the new console

I think I'll aim to beat Pokemon Moon before Christmas, then sell it for $35 or so on Kijiji. I doubt I'll want to play it more than once.

I actually forgot that you don't even have a credit card. I guess you can just wait. The 55" ks8000 is 2000 this Friday but I doubt you would want to pay an extra grand from your pocket.

I'm not sure of what I want to do, or what I'm going to do. I'll need a 4K TV eventually, for my Pro, but I'm not itching to run out and buy one today. Even though my TV is ten years old and has some issues, I still like it a lot and it has good picture plus great sound.

I wonder if I should wait and the only thing that is pushing me is the Pro.

I plan to get a credit card soon. Just gotta' wait for a co-signer to go with me.

antibolo

Banned
Aren't they going to merge or something? Like both will share their own library?

No, they only entered into a deal to share licenses for current and future content, with Crunchyroll serving subs and Funimation doing dubs.

They're also supposed to eventually share their back catalog (CR getting subs of Funi content, and Funi getting dubs of CR content), but that's going at a snail's pace for now.

Dazzler

WWE Network is slightly annoying in that I pay for it in US Dollars, so it's a different amount each month

I had to set it up with a US VPN as it's pegged to a cable subscription here in Canada

Lexxism

I'm not sure of what I want to do, or what I'm going to do. I'll need a 4K TV eventually, for my Pro, but I'm not itching to run out and buy one today. Even though my TV is ten years old and has some issues, I still like it a lot and it has good picture plus great sound.

I wonder if I should wait and the only thing that is pushing me is the Pro.

I plan to get a credit card soon. Just gotta' wait for a co-signer to go with me.
You got $1200 credit anyway. Just need to get an extra $500 or so and you'll get a good TV for your pro.

No, they only entered into a deal to share licenses for current and future content, with Crunchyroll serving subs and Funimation doing dubs.

They're also supposed to eventually share their back catalog (CR getting subs of Funi content, and Funi getting dubs of CR content), but that's going at a snail's pace for now.
Ah. Thanks for clarification.

Wait what? Wind mobile is now called freedom mobile?

They can call themselves whatever they want, if they get rid of my 30 dollar 5gig plan I'm bailing out.

They also said they're turning on new high speeds in Vancouver and Toronto on the 27th, which marks the 4th time since being a paying subscriber that I've been promised higher speeds.

I'll believe it when I see it. I still lose signal at major intersections in Vancouver and at random points for extended periods of time.

Dazzler

They can call themselves whatever they want, if they get rid of my 30 dollar 5gig plan I'm bailing out.

They also said they're turning on new high speeds in Vancouver and Toronto on the 27th, which marks the 4th time since being a paying subscriber that I've been promised higher speeds.

I'll believe it when I see it. I still lose signal at major intersections in Vancouver and at random points for extended periods of time.

There's a massive dead zone in their coverage from Alma Street in Kits all the way out to UBC, it's pretty annoying

Any more info on them turning on LTE? Is that what you're referring to them doing on the 27th?

Dazzler

There's a massive dead zone in their coverage from Alma Street in Kits all the way out to UBC, it's pretty annoying

Any more info on them turning on LTE? Is that what you're referring to them doing on the 27th?

just went on their website, it explains everything except whether existing plans automatically port over to LTE

I have the 10gb a month plan

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Find a similar deal and ask them to match or you'll go somewhere else. Always escalate your call.

Use some ideas here for your internet bill.

http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/blog/cheat-sheet-how-to-lower-your-cellphone-bills

I literally just called and threatened to cancel and got 60 a month for a year contract.

They will do anything to keep you really.

lol, so they gave me $70 Ignite 250. 2 year term.

They also had Ignite 100 for $60

Rbk_3

It's worth it. It really is a fantastic TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom