• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceIpor

BAD NEWS

To use Wind's new LTE coverage, there are two requirements

1. You need a band 66 phone, only two of them exist right now. (LG V20 & ZTE Grand X 4)
2. If you want to stick with your current plan, you'll be stuck with 3G. 4G LTE is exclusive to a new plan priced at $45 a month for 3gigs ($40 @ 6gigs for 12 months first)

Only reason I stuck with Wind was hoping my $35 5GB plan would be grandfathered into LTE. Now I have no reason to stay with this shitty coverage. I'm tired of having my GPS signal lost.

Only thing that kind of makes me want to stay is their still awesome US roaming plan. Public Mobile it would cost $60 as opposed to $15 a month for a similar plan.

Still, I'll probably switch as soon as a good deal pops up somewhere else.
I'm disappointed in number 2, but 1 was known for a LONG WHILE.
If you've been keeping up with the spectrum auctions, the only compatible AWS-3 LTE phone Wind(/...Freedom) could use at the moment was the LG's V20.

Also why people were disappointed in the Pixel not supporting Band 66.

Here's to hoping that our old plans will mysteriously be grandfathered into LTE when it has full coverage.

It's slightly cheaper on XBL and you save on tax. Hopefully it'll be the same price on PSN.

Small victory, I know.

i prefer buying physical so i can sell but thanks for the info.

ive been with public mobile for 2 years and its the same service as telus (or bell in east). highly recommend them but their amazing $38 plan is not available as of today unless they are extending it...

Firestorm

BAD NEWS

To use Wind's new LTE coverage, there are two requirements

1. You need a band 66 phone, only two of them exist right now. (LG V20 & ZTE Grand X 4)
2. If you want to stick with your current plan, you'll be stuck with 3G. 4G LTE is exclusive to a new plan priced at $45 a month for 3gigs ($40 @ 6gigs for 12 months first)

Only reason I stuck with Wind was hoping my $35 5GB plan would be grandfathered into LTE. Now I have no reason to stay with this shitty coverage. I'm tired of having my GPS signal lost.

Only thing that kind of makes me want to stay is their still awesome US roaming plan. Public Mobile it would cost $60 as opposed to $15 a month for a similar plan.

Still, I'll probably switch as soon as a good deal pops up somewhere else.
Finding out about #1 a few weeks ago helped make my mind up to switch to Public Mobile but it was kinda hard as my plan was great. Glad I did as #2 would have made me livid.

daftstar

so titanfall 2 for $50 for black friday at walmart is probably the best price? i know its been lower in the USA but unfortunately $50 seems to be a 'deal' for canada...

Yeah it blows. It's only $27 in the US which converts to $36 here...Would it be a good idea to use Amazon US and ship to Canada lol.
If they have a similar price to Walmart of course

SickBoy

Hopefully this isn't just some wacky mistake on Amazon's end. If it's included without a Prime price hike, I'm perfectly happy just to get only Amazon's original stuff and nothing else.

Zeeman

Yeah, I think only the ones marked as "TV to Watch While Abroad" work, I just tried Transparent for example and it wouldn't work (although I think that's still locked to shomi for the time being)

Gears of war 4 47.99 on xbl gets you an xbox and pc copy https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/store/p/gears-of-war-4/9nblggh4pbbm
Cx0zU3VUAAAF81T.jpg

it seems you need an account on both to stream "amazon original content" to canada

Yup it works I guess? signed into my amazon.com with the same e-mail(diff pass) but yup I can watch that new Jeremy Clarkson show.

Hmm

Well, I've been trying it and so far the grand tour and man in the high castle work, but other shows like Bosch and transparent are gro-restricted for me. Any one else have a similar problem?

Sealtest

Silly question but did the NES classics not come with a security sticker on it?

I bought one froim my local shoppers and noticed that someone could open this thing up without anyone knowing it.

shezbot

Silly question but did the NES classics not come with a security sticker on it?

I bought one froim my local shoppers and noticed that someone could open this thing up without anyone knowing it.

No security sticker. It's pretty weird. OCD nightmare for any one who wants it "sealed" forever.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Maybe this is a sign that all of Amazon Prime Video will come to Canada.

Also, where the fuck is the Black Friday deals, Amazon?

etta

my hard graphic balls
So uh.. my Amazon Sea of Thieves preorder went from $39.99 to $79.98.

How?
LOOOOOOOL motherfuckers, it's $79.99 on the site now. Still $36 for me, hmmm.

What are other places to buy the X800D from? I think Best Buy will restock, but just in case.

uhhh so Amazon.ca and .com now share passwords? I had to change my pass to sign in to my .com went to check my sea of thieves on .ca and now it's using the .com password.

Da fuq?

Still showing 39.99 on my end too btw.

Buggy Loop

I'm wondering what is the best way to sell off my xbox 360 + games & PS2/gamecube/Wii games? I've got a lot of collectibles so EBgames or a shit like that is not worth it i guess. Like i've still got a wavebird for exemple. Amazon.ca one by one? The problem is i don't have much time currently but maybe i would sell the crap somewhere and keep the collectables for amazon.

Any good trade/sel stores in montreal area for old games?

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
The amazon prime seems to not want to stream any actual movies to me, just the amazon original stuff. Any ideas or is this to be expected?

uhhh so Amazon.ca and .com now share passwords? I had to change my pass to sign in to my .com went to check my sea of thieves on .ca and now it's using the .com password.

Da fuq?

Still showing 39.99 on my end too btw.

Pretty sure they always shared passwords, unless it was just me setting them to be the same a long time ago and this is just a coincidence.

Wonder if EB will undercut everyone else on TF2. We still don't have their BF deals, right?

We don't, but usually when it comes to big games like this the discounts are set (or appear to be set) by the publisher and are equal across all stores. It's possible that Titanfall 2 will be cheaper there, but I wouldn't bet on it.

SickBoy

That would suck if they adjusted Sea of Thieves higher across the board. I'm looking forward to it, but not willing to take a $64 risk on it (and also concerned about the kind of precedent adjusting it higher would be)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom