• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazzler

There were like 25people lined up outside my local Fido store just now

anyone know if they're running a new promo?

I'm in Vancouver FYI

Lexxism

There were like 25people lined up outside my local Fido store just now

anyone know if they're running a new promo?

I'm in Vancouver FYI
I think it's probably the $40 4GB data that they matched on Virgin.

Thanks Public Mobile for creating a competition!

I'm wondering what is the best way to sell off my xbox 360 + games & PS2/gamecube/Wii games? I've got a lot of collectibles so EBgames or a shit like that is not worth it i guess. Like i've still got a wavebird for exemple. Amazon.ca one by one? The problem is i don't have much time currently but maybe i would sell the crap somewhere and keep the collectables for amazon.

Any good trade/sel stores in montreal area for old games?

You're going to get ripped off from those stores unless you sell them piecemeal on eBay/Amazon. And even then, selling on those sites is a pain.

I would suggest taking them to a second-hand store and getting a quote, and then selling the lot on Kijiji/Craigslist for more than what they offered.

Vamphuntr

Is it impossible to find a Vita TV anymore? People are asking crazy money for them.

It got discontinued by Sony and most stores had them on clearance already for ridiculously low prices. In this era hard to find means expensive even if the product isn't actually worth this much.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'm hoping for some kinda Uncharted 4 deal. They keep bundling it with stuff anyway

How much are you looking to pay? I have a copy Ive been thinking about unloading.

Drop me a PM if anything.

kevin1025

Banned
Worked perfectly for Grand Tour, couldn't load any movies at all.

Ah, yeah, just caught up with the thread. Super weird. Maybe it's slowly going to roll out or it's baby steps into trying it out.

According to this Mobile Syrup article, Amazon has been snatching up licenses to shows over the past year quietly, so I guess the full rollout is coming soon!

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/11/21/you-can-stream-amazon-prime-video-original-content-right-now-in-canada/

Edit: The rumor is a full launch in December.

farisr

I don't get it. I try to sign in with my Canadian Prime account, but then it tries to make me sign up for Prime to watch anything.

I use the same email address for .ca and .com so maybe that screws it up since I don't have Prime for .com.
I use the same email address for my .com and .ca account, I can watch the amazon originals just fine. (Have Prime for .ca, not .com)

Watch from the "TV to Watch While Abroad" section from here:

https://www.amazon.com/Prime-Video/b?node=2676882011

NYR

I get an invalid adddress URL error anytime I try to watch any prime video at that above link. I am using an iPhone.

Quick

Banned
Kijiji has been an interesting experience so far. My ad was pretty high on visibility according to the stats, dipped after a day or two. I ended up deleting and reposting the ad again to get some traction - not sure if this is a good strategy or not.

Had a bunch of "Hi, I'm interested. Can you let me know if it's available?" with no responses after I replied. Seems like it's a generic message

Had one person lowballing me by 25% off my price, I compromised a little, no response. Currently have someone interested who messaged me an hour ago for the price I was willing to let it go for.

Depending on how this goes, I might sell off a few more things on it.

NYR

Kijiji has been an interesting experience so far. My ad was pretty high on visibility according to the stats, dipped after a day or two. I ended up deleting and reposting the ad again to get some traction - not sure if this is a good strategy or not.

Had a bunch of "Hi, I'm interested. Can you let me know if it's available?" with no responses after I replied. Seems like it's a generic message

Had one person lowballing me by 25% off my price, I compromised a little, no response. Currently have someone interested who messaged me an hour ago for the price I was willing to let it go for.

Depending on how this goes, I might sell off a few more things on it.
Yep, that is Kijiji for you. Most people spam responses for the same item looking for a deal, likely why you didn't get a response.

Also, be firm. Kijiji people are like a trading bard of cheapskates in a RPG, don't buckle to them.

Haines

Banned
After I put my xbox etc up for sale...

I got an offer this morning. Some wierd vape thing and a full tank or something.

I said no.

He than three in a once worn 200 Hilfiger long sleeve.

Lmao.

I sold it to a distant family member.

Oh also got the same Nigerian scammer wanting to PayPal again too.

farisr

I get an invalid adddress URL error anytime I try to watch any prime video at that above link. I am using an iPhone.
I just tried from my android phone and it's asking me to download an app to watch it. So i suppose the problem could be that the link to the iphone app isn't working at the moment maybe?

I use the same email address for my .com and .ca account, I can watch the amazon originals just fine. (Have Prime for .ca, not .com)

Watch from the "TV to Watch While Abroad" section from here:

https://www.amazon.com/Prime-Video/b?node=2676882011

Thanks for the help, but it unfortunately still doesn't work for me. Insists I sign up for a trial of Prime.

Can anyone else on a Student Prime trial confirm?

I'm on a Student Prime trial, and it doesn't work.

I just trying from my android phone and it's asking me to download an app to watch it. So i suppose whatever the problem is, is probably the link to the iphone app isn't working at the moment maybe?

Nothing works for me. But I have Student Prime.

Tapejara

Ended up getting a better deal on Mafia 3 PC. The deluxe edition (game + season pass) is $35.79 USD on GMG. Unfortunately the Black Friday voucher doesn't seem to work on it otherwise I could have got it for cheaper.

I was on the trial up until very recently, I'm now on the yearly student discount.

Sorry about that.

Hmm, seems to be a problem with being on the Trial then. Bummer.

Anyone else download the Amazon Prime App on their PS4 through an American account? I did, and it sadly wouldn't even let me try to sign in. Gave me an error as soon as the App started up.

I signed into my Dad's account on the computer since he isn't on the Trial, and everything works. It's amazing. Not just the stuff to watch abroad category, but the entire catalogue. If this isn't a mistake, it will be a game changer. Once there is a working App on PS4.

KamiCrit

Pretty excited, I somehow got an NES Classic order in for the second wave of shipping. This was an hour after it originally sold out on Amazon.

0dt1ECq.png

Anyone find a really good deal on Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare legacy edition?

Amazon is selling for 95 bucks but that's hardly a sale. You can get it less than that if you have amazon prime.

-Deimos

Hmm, seems to be a problem with being on the Trial then. Bummer.

Anyone else download the Amazon Prime App on their PS4 through an American account? I did, and it sadly wouldn't even let me try to sign in. Gave me an error as soon as the App started up.

I signed into my Dad's account on the computer since he isn't on the Trial, and everything works. It's amazing. Not just the stuff to watch abroad category, but the entire catalogue. If this isn't a mistake, it will be a game changer. Once there is a working App on PS4.
I guess that pretty much confirms it. At least we know it's not a problem with our accounts.

Tapejara

Anyone find a really good deal on Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare legacy edition?

Amazon is selling for 95 bucks but that's hardly a sale. You can get it less than that if you have amazon prime.

Best Buy is going to have it for $80 during their Black Friday sale.

I saw a sign saying that PS4 DualShock 4s were something like $47.99 at one Shoppers. But that didn't seem right, nor did they look right. So, when I took a closer look I wasn't surprised to see that they were actually DS3s.

Rbk_3

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/samsung-samsung-55-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tizen-smart-tv-un55ku6270fxzc-un55ku6270fxzc/10487319.aspx

I can't seem to find any reviews on this TV. Supposedly it's going to be $899 on Black Friday.

Rtings doesn't have it at all. Seems like a Canadian only product code.

It is basically the same as the 6300

http://ca.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ku6300

"For Black Friday, Best Buy has an exclusive 55-inch variant, the UN55KU6270 (UN55KU6270FXZA). We expect it to have the same picture quality as the KU6300 reviewed, but like the other cheaper variant, the KU6290, to only have a standard remote and no Bluetooth connectivity."

It is basically the same as the 6300

http://ca.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ku6300

"For Black Friday, Best Buy has an exclusive 55-inch variant, the UN55KU6270 (UN55KU6270FXZA). We expect it to have the same picture quality as the KU6300 reviewed, but like the other cheaper variant, the KU6290, to only have a standard remote and no Bluetooth connectivity."

Thanks!

Another question? Are all the 49" models I see on the market right now just a head game to make people want to buy the 55"? It seems to have replaced the 50" option.

shira

Do we know which retailers are selling the $99lul $140 3DS?

I think I might pick up some online for presents.

Moltenix

Amazon (non-prime) hasn't bothered shipping my Watch Dogs 2 yet.

I'd cancel but it doesn't look like anyone's gonna have it for $50 on Black Friday. Ugh!

kennah

Thanks!

Another question? Are all the 49" models I see on the market right now just a head game to make people want to buy the 55"? It seems to have replaced the 50" option.

It's to skirt the environmental regulations. 50+ is more expensive than 40+. 49" lets you have a very large tv with a smaller levy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom