• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon (non-prime) hasn't bothered shipping my Watch Dogs 2 yet.

I'd cancel but it doesn't look like anyone's gonna have it for $50 on Black Friday. Ugh!

Just try price matching that Amazon order at Best Buy or Toys R Us. That's what I do. I get the Amazon deal and get it day one by just going in store.

I don't let Amazon ship me anything anymore since I can price match and get it day one before they even try to ship it because they're fucking useless.

big_z

I think it's probably the $40 4GB data that they matched on Virgin.

Thanks Public Mobile for creating a competition!

Hoping Koodo will match it. I already have the sask plan in Alberta but I normally don't use more than 2-3GB so I'd rather save the extra $10-12 a month.

Gibran7

Does anyone know if I would get the difference back from bestbuy or Walmart if I buy a game today and it will drop the price on bf

Seik

Banned
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/samsung-samsung-55-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tizen-smart-tv-un55ku6270fxzc-un55ku6270fxzc/10487319.aspx

I can't seem to find any reviews on this TV. Supposedly it's going to be $899 on Black Friday.

Rtings doesn't have it at all. Seems like a Canadian only product code.

It is basically the same as the 6300

http://ca.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ku6300

"For Black Friday, Best Buy has an exclusive 55-inch variant, the UN55KU6270 (UN55KU6270FXZA). We expect it to have the same picture quality as the KU6300 reviewed, but like the other cheaper variant, the KU6290, to only have a standard remote and no Bluetooth connectivity."

I might bite for this then...899$ is a great deal and I've been wanting a 55'' since a long while to replace my older LG 47'' (with BIG input lag). My budget was 1500$ but this sounds fine, I don't mind about reflection since I try to limit it as much as possible in my living room while watching/playing something.

Does it have HDR compatible with Xbox One S and PS4 PRO?

Madness

I might bite for this then...899$ is a great deal and I've been wanting a 55'' since a long while to replace my older LG 47'' (with BIG input lag). My budget was 1500$ but this sounds fine, I don't mind about reflection since I try to limit it as much as possible in my living room while watching/playing something.

It can do HDR10 (however only 400 nits brightness) but does not have the wide color gamut required for HDR10. So you won't get that extra range of colours. It will however make the image look better over SDR. So you will hit the requirements for Xbox One S and PS4 Pro.

Lexxism

Does anyone know if I would get the difference back from bestbuy or Walmart if I buy a game today and it will drop the price on bf

They never used to match Black Friday in the past. Doubtful it has changed.

I believe you mean price protection, I am not sure, just give them a call and ask.
YMMV. It's pretty much stated on their website that they don't do price protection for black Friday etc. It's a risk but you might be able to get a price protection.

Seik

Banned
It can do HDR10 (however only 400 nits brightness) but does not have the wide color gamut required for HDR10. So you won't get that extra range of colours. It will however make the image look better over SDR. So you will hit the requirements for Xbox One S and PS4 Pro.

Hmmm...interesting, let's see if there's a better deal until Friday.

This one sounds like a lock though, price is good.

Vinc

Some games are on sale on PSN (though price doesn't show up as discounted until you add to cart for now)

So far I noticed:

Megaman Legacy Collection: 7.59 (PS+)
Street Fighter V: 22.86 (PS+)
Far Cry Primal: 19.99

khaaan

Some games are on sale on PSN (though price doesn't show up as discounted until you add to cart for now)

So far I noticed:

I guess it's the next round of anniversary sale items? Or is that over?

I kept on putting off buying Dark Cloud 2, by the time I tried to add it to my cart it started freaking out and the sale ended.

Firestorm

Hoping Koodo will match it. I already have the sask plan in Alberta but I normally don't use more than 2-3GB so I'd rather save the extra $10-12 a month.
Doubtful. All the promos ended yesterday and Public Mobile is a Telus brand so they have no reason to do it with Koodo.

BadHand

So far I noticed:

none of those items are discounted for me (in the cart)

Will most certainly jump on Far Cry Primal if it hits.

Grimsen

So far I noticed:

Cool, I was eyeing Far Cry Primal on Amazon at 25$.

The ''Digital Apex Edition'' is 25.49$ on PSN. Gonna check what it's about.

Dazzler

Doubtful. All the promos ended yesterday and Public Mobile is a Telus brand so they have no reason to do it with Koodo.

Hoping some new promos will come out for Black Friday/Boxing Day

I'm with Wind but I'm looking to switch after their hilarious LTE rollout plans went public

Aske

Totally just bought a KS8000. Many thanks to everyone in here who recommended B&H. For anyone still confused about how the SquareTrade warranty works for Canadians, I called B&H to ask, and also dropped them an email last night. Both gave me the same info: the warranty is valid worldwide; if there's a problem with your TV, they have a few days to fix it; if they can't, they reimbursed you the full purchase price of the TV. Which seems nuts, but for a shade over $200 CAD it'll certainly give me piece of mind for the next 4 years.

Time to go buy a new TV stand!

Rbk_3

Thanks!

Another question? Are all the 49" models I see on the market right now just a head game to make people want to buy the 55"? It seems to have replaced the 50" option.

BB has the 55KS8000 will be on for $1799. You may want to consider stretching that budget a little. It is a legit HDR TV. The other one doesn't have a wide colour gamut or proper brightness so it is faux HDR.

Seik

Banned
BB has the 55KS8000 will be on for $1799. You may want to consider stretching that budget a little. It is a legit HDR TV. The other one doesn't have a wide colour gamut or proper brightness so it is faux HDR.

Maaan, with the taxes it'll end up 2K$, that's just too much for me. :(

Lexxism

Totally just bought a KS8000. Many thanks to everyone in here who recommended B&H. For anyone still confused about how the SquareTrade warranty works for Canadians, I called B&H to ask, and also dropped them an email last night. Both gave me the same info: the warranty is valid worldwide; if there's a problem with your TV, they have a few days to fix it; if they can't, they reimbursed you the full purchase price of the TV. Which seems nuts, but for a shade over $200 CAD it'll certainly give me piece of mind for the next 4 years.

Time to go buy a new TV stand!
55"? 65"? Please keep us/me updated on what day you will receive it.

lionpants

Anyone have any other options for buying a 65KS8000?

Here are my current options I am aware of...

- Amazon
- Newegg
- NCIX
- Best Buy (much pricer, but sale on Thursday/Friday might bring it into Amazon price range, in which case I would prefer buying from them)
- B&H (honestly I hate buying from the states because I dread the scenario in which I would have to RMA the TV)

univbee

Oh god, please tell me that PSN Black Friday sale is still updating.

Like none of the games I wanted are there...

Also don't forget there'll probably be a flash sale starting on Friday.

Cart in Canada has a $200 max if you want to maximize the discount from the 10% off code.

antibolo

Banned
Anyone have any other options for buying a 65KS8000?

Here are my current options I am aware of...

- Amazon
- Newegg
- NCIX
- Best Buy (much pricer, but sale on Thursday/Friday might bring it into Amazon price range, in which case I would prefer buying from them)
- B&H (honestly I hate buying from the states because I dread the scenario in which I would have to RMA the TV)

Isn't Newegg located in the US as well?

Seik

Banned
I may go with the Sony XBR55X850D.

It's not a killer BF deal, but hey, it's 100$ less for 1425$...I think this is the one.

And it has all the 4K bells and whistles...what do you guys think of that?

m23

Only thing I'm really looking for at this point is Doom. Was hoping for a good sale on external HDDs but no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom