• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD Ghost on Wii U official, ported by Treyarch, 5 other Activision titles too

dacuk

This announcement about 6 games for Wii U sounds like Activision has negotiated with Nintendo for something. Will see about what. Maybe marketing push from Nintendo. Should we expect a bundle ?

Treyarch are actually a guarantee that the Wii U version will be good, I trust them.

Now, should we wait for a Rockstar announcement soon?

Everything was believable until this part...

The_Lump

Banned
Surely, but would Activision advertise the version of the game that would be available almost a month afterwards rather than PS360 and PC (I don't have any hope they will with the Wii U version, but I still hope Nintendo will)?

You mean the version that looks best? Yeah sure why not :)

You've seen the adverts showcasing awesome graphics with a tiny disclaimer in the corner: "footage from PC version" or "not game footage" etc

I wouldn't put it past them to do that sort of thing if the timing is right.

Plus PS4 might be put by Nov... ;)

Oh oh!!!, Classic Nintendo fanboy response ...then shells out 60 bucks for Next 2d Mario.

This game is going either bring back wavering 3rd party devs or finish off the Wii u as viable for non Nintendo games.

They prefer to spend 60$ bucks on the next 2D Mario because is the reason for why they buy Nintendo home consoles in the first place, for Nintendo games only and anything else. Whatever multiplatform game avaliable on the platform as long it's not exclusive, they prefer to play it on another platform.

This is an issue Nintendo needs to fix with strong advertising to encourage their userbase to buy multiplatform games on their systems.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
all of these third parties are too little too late for me personally. However if I weren't getting a launch PS4 (or a game happens to not be coming out.. i.e. Arkham Origins) it would be cool.

That being said, yeah.. I'm getting Arkham Origins on Wii U unless the port is incredibly bad or something.

The_Lump

Banned
So can someone tell me how comfortable it is using the wiiu controller for fps games?

It's great. Once you get used to the symmetrical analog sticks (which imo is the best position ergonomically) it's the most comfortable controller I've used, tbh.

ymmv,of course. If you can, try one out in store. They're super light and have a ~70 battery life or something.

Edit: I was talking about the Pro controller. Sorry! GamePad is very comfy too, battery life kinda spoils it though...

RiverBed

Banned
Hey Nintendo

Release a bundle of this game, with this

41MQnJfR8cL._SY300_.jpg

I'm not a huge COD fan but I usually end up picking up every new version, so I'll probably get this. Off-TV play is ideal for every game in the universe.
Exactly! that's a very good controller. It's a shame it feels/considered/viewed/appears like a secondary control input/peripheral.

borghe

So can someone tell me how comfortable it is using the wiiu controller for fps games?

Gamepad? Pretty comfortable.

Pro Controller? Basically the same as any modern controller.

I would actually be curious if they stick in Wiimote+nunchuk controls. If they do that and they don't stick in Move controls for PS4, it would be enough to make me curious as to which one to buy for single player.

brandnew

Says so in the PR ('Next gen' engine at least). Although I'm thinking that's just Activision being economical with the truth (ie, next gen of their engine, rather thana next gen engine... )

I think this has been confirmed. Just a reworked version of the MW3 engine iirc.

borghe

Yeah don't expect anything great. Why haven't they showed Wii U footage yet?

720p render.
AA
Stable framerate.
Next-gen shaders.
DLC parity (sans obviously exclusive Sony content)

That would be literally all it would take to get me to grab a Wii U version.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
very comfortable.
But Wiimote+nunchuk (pointing controls) is THE way to go imo.

Count me in among the new Wii U Blops 2 players!

Getting a little better with the Wiipad, and am practicing with the Wiimote/nunchuk. I'm nowhere near as good as I am on PS3, but I'm getting used to these controllers little by little.
Off TV play is killer, and I'm very happy to hear Ghosts is coming to the U. With Treyarch at the helm I have to wonder if this will be the superior version?

GDGF

Soothsayer
I would actually be curious if they stick in Wiimote+nunchuk controls. If they do that and they don't stick in Move controls for PS4, it would be enough to make me curious as to which one to buy for single player.

You're in luck!

PR said:
The title includes Wii Remote and second-screen Wii U™ GamePad support and more.

Malvingt2

Gamepad? Pretty comfortable.

Pro Controller? Basically the same as any modern controller.

PR

Call of Duty: Ghosts — Featuring an all-new world, story, characters and experiences, all powered by a new engine, Call of Duty: Ghosts is a stunning leap forward for the blockbuster franchise. For the first time in Call of Duty, gamers play as the underdog, fighting as part of a single squad against an enemy that has superior numbers and firepower. Call of Duty: Ghosts’ genre-defining multiplayer delivers gameplay innovations throughout, including dynamic map events, character customization and other features yet-to-be-announced. The title includes Wii Remote and second-screen Wii U™ GamePad support and more. Call of Duty: Ghosts is scheduled for release on November 5, on Wii U and is not yet rated by the ESRB

so yeah :D

Has Rockstar officially denied a Wii U version for this year? Like, is there 10% chances to see it announced on Wii U and PC at Gamescon?

That haven't 100% denied it. They even have tested it out to see how it runs on the Wii u. Very unlikely, tho. It'd be amazing if it did.

Maybe, that's why Nintendo is okay with w101 coming out a few days before? Nawww

It's really comfortable. Your hands don't cramp up over long play sessions with the smaller controllers. You can also rest it on your lap, because of its width. You just have to get use to its width. You'll feel like a giant going back to a smaller controller.

Seriously. What's wrong with them ? I mean, what's WRONG with them ? Don't tell me it's 3rd party effort when you announce the same game... at a later date. This is just the best way to make sure it bomb.

borghe

You're in luck!

awesome.

one of the early CoD Wii games (CoD3?) had AMAZING wiimote controls, just a tight non-configurable bounding box. once you got accustomed to the bounding box it was amazing. a bigger or configurable bounding box would be incredible.

of course there is RE4Wii. Controls so good it made much of the game trivial.

Buying if it will have DLC support. Kinda irritated I couldn't get any of that on BLOPS2. Not sure why Activision hasn't done much with eShop yet.

prag16

Banned

The press release mentioned Wii remote support.

I'm in day 1. But... is the netcode gonna be just as bad as BO2? -_-

raschi

I would love to buy this game on Wii U for the IR support, but since I'm going digital only this gen, I guess I won't:(

DaBoss

Shocking.

They were secretive about the Wii versions of COD too. As much as I don't like COD, the Wii versions had great pointer controls and really showed how to do FPS controls on the Wii.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So who is handling the PS360 versions of Ghost? I'd assume the Wii U version will be based directly on those versions.

720p render.
AA
Stable framerate.
Next-gen shaders.
DLC parity (sans obviously exclusive Sony content)

That would be literally all it would take to get me to grab a Wii U version.
You won't get it. It will run at a sub-HD resolution just like every other PS360 iteration and it WILL have slowdown. It won't receive any additional visual tricks over the PS360 versions and it will probably run worse (just as Black Ops 2 did).

PusherT

Wii U is approaching critical mass this holiday. Nintendo is going to have all major 3rd party releases this fall san GTA 5 and EA Support. I want to jump on Wii U for Wonderful 101, Watchdogs and CoD Ghost and Ubisoft games. The Batman game looks good too.

I am just to scared to invest because all the negativity on 3rd party land. I really wish 2K was working on Wii U would love a version o The Beraeu Xcom Declassified.

Mithos

Really? Treyarch's work on Nintendo hardware has always been excellent. The Wii U port of Blops 2 is great.

And possibly(?) made on unfinished devkits, and early SDK's. Now the devkits are finalized and SDK's have been improved a lot, should help Ghost quite a lot I guess.

Top Bottom