• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 2| - Directional schools: Pay to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

I think it's just poor talent eval. There are plenty of legit QBs in the Pac-12 that USC could have had, but either never bothered to go after them or couldn't convince them to go to USC (which is impressive in itself).

Edit: Only 60k at the game? USC is falling off.

Assume it's the scholarship reductions.

Know Alabama's getting a big time QB out of California next year, tells me that USC will have problems going forward.

They ALWAYS recruit big-time QBs and wasn't Kiffin a "renowned QB teacher?"

Mixed emotions my ass. Those were all boos.

Assume it's the scholarship reductions.

Know Alabama's getting a big time QB out of California next year, tells me that USC will have problems going forward.
Both Wittek and Kessler are highly rated. As well as freshman Max Browne.

Problem is they are coached by Kiffin, and our OL is thin as hell.

Our defense is thin but as soon as we got rid of Monte it's been instantly better.

Kiffin is the problem.

Broank

Nice to avenge last years clusterfuck against ND. Still sloppy as heck on offense. I would like to see some of our highly touted guys guys get some time at Guard and Center since I'm still wary about the walk-ons starting. Even if the coaches like them we weren't getting any push against a good Defensive line. The offense is tough to stop with Gardner though.

Defensive line needs to get better pressure and Mattison needs to stop being so conservative but they really only gave up 23 minus Gardner making a bone head play.

Go Blue!

tGHG2HK.jpg

But I'd call that endzone interception clusterfuck a career low.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
USC got Max Browne didn't they? I watch him play in the high school playoffs last year, he looks pretty damn good.

The fact of the matter regarding Mich vs. ND is that we need less marque games on the schedule, not more. Losing to Big 10 teams is really bad, and winning against them usually doesn't do anything to help the strength of schedule. Add to that the fact that Michigan have been assholes to us since the rivalry began (including the really asinine chicken comments), and Michigan was always going to be the first game on the chopping block. Michigan needs us way more than we need them, regardless of how the games go. Their only two primetime games have been against Notre Dame; their largest crowds have been against Notre Dame. I would gladly take a game against Michigan State and Dantonio (who is a class act) over Michigan every time.

All that being said, Gardner played a great game and was really in sync with his wide receivers. The ND defense was horrendously bad and completely lacks leadership. Tommy Rees should not be starting in Division I and Golson really threw the whole team under the bus by being a dumbass. I hope losing this game really lights a fire under the team so that they bury the rest of their schedule. Michigan looks nice but unfortunately I think that they are going to get Urbaned at the end of the year. Based on my pick 'em score this week, I wouldn't bet on it, though! lol

P.S. We get to see this game again next year it's just going to be on network television so that everyone can see it (sans Mushberger and Captain Ohio)

Edit: Only 60k at the game? USC is falling off.

Nobody wants to watch the Kiffin shit show.

Either we beat wsu like we're supposed to and "meh" or we lose and it's a lost season.

Low attendance is also how we got rid of our previous Dodgers owner. And now look at them!

cashman

Banned
I really want to see what Swoopes can do. I like Ash, but he just isn't the guy and Case should not be playing D1 football.

I... uh.. what?

So in comparison to Hoke's comments about ND backing out of the series with Michigan, this is what Dantonio said:

"It's an outstanding rivalry," Dantonio said. "I think Notre Dame was one of the institutions that were really involved in getting Michigan State into the Big Ten. They were the first truly big-time program that decided to play Michigan State in a home-and-home series and because of that, there's an affinity for Notre Dame from Michigan State. Whatever the powers that be decide, though, it's up to them."

Jeff-DSA

Williams isn't meant to bend that way. Hope he's ok.

Noticed some Texas players twisting on Hill's ankles a few times. Pisses me off to see that.

What else is he going to say? They're the ones you chickenshit pussies decided to keep on your schedule.

Speaking of chickenshit pussy, did you notice, first of all that early 4th-and-1 where they punted? I thought that reeked of puss. Then, how fucking weird was it that Kelly decided to give his OC the play-calling duties for this game? And it was the first time in his career he was calling plays?!?! Talk about zero respect for the rivalry. Michigan had the emotional and psychological edge big time. I'm truly surprised it was that close. Like I said above, the defense looked shaky. Otherwise we'd have mopped the floor with those clowns.

What else is he going to say? They're the ones you chickenshit pussies decided to keep on your schedule.

They got dropped too (with a possibility of the series being renewed in the future). Big 10 fans are so salty about ND spurning them. It's really pretty hilarious.

Then, how fucking weird was it that Kelly decided to give his OC the play-calling duties for this game? And it was the first time in his career he was calling plays?!?! Talk about zero respect for the rivalry.

The OC shared play-calling duties with Kelly all of last year, and he called all of the plays against Temple last week as well. This wasn't the first week. The rest is all true, though. Defense looked hella-bad. Only coaching thing that really bothered me was declining the holding call to make it 3rd and 8 which was promptly converted.

cdyhybrid

Nobody wants to watch the Kiffin shit show.

Either we beat wsu like we're supposed to and "meh" or we lose and it's a lost season.

Low attendance is also how we got rid of our previous Dodgers owner. And now look at them!

Is Kiffikins really good with the boosters or something? Surprised they haven't forced him out yet.

Schmitty

why was espn playing up the mich-nd thing? never though of it as a rivalry i guess espin just wanted the views since next years game will be on nbc

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Wish I could say I was shocked.

Wish I could say we would Fire Mack for this pathetic performance but we won't.

Is Kiffikins really good with the boosters or something? Surprised they haven't forced him out yet.
Not particularly.

The issue is Kiffin is a good recruiter, and we're still under schollie sanctions. Plus 2011 was really good so Kiffin bought himself some time.

The offense wasn't terrible even last year until the end of the season, and so people figured maybe getting rid of Monte would be enough.

All patience is gone now though.

jakncoke

Banned
I know you guys probably already brought this up. But it really just occurred to me. That L'ville will have played in a different conference name for 3 straight years and 4th in just over a decade. Pretty crazy and probably way unique

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom