• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 2| - Directional schools: Pay to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

Not particularly.

The issue is Kiffin is a good recruiter, and we're still under schollie sanctions. Plus 2011 was really good so Kiffin bought himself some time.

The offense wasn't terrible even last year until the end of the season, and so people figured maybe getting rid of Monte would be enough.

All patience is gone now though.

Serious question, when's the last time USC(w) has not have a good recruiter for a head coach, I mean you don't even have to try to recruit with your location/history and still get top 5 classes.

why was espn playing up the mich-nd thing? never though of it as a rivalry i guess espin just wanted the views since next years game will be on nbc

Pretty much. These are the teams that we've played more times than Michigan:

Navy - 86
Purdue - 84
USC - 84
Michigan State - 76
Pittsburgh - 68
Army - 50
Northwestern - 47

cdyhybrid

Serious question, when's the last time USC(w) has not have a good recruiter for a head coach, I mean you don't even have to try to recruit with your location/history and still get top 5 classes.

Well, they have to put forth a decent bit of effort now with the rise of Oregon/UCLA/Stanford and Sark getting things rolling up here. But yeah, it's hard to not recruit well at USC.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Manny Diaz will go before Mack. My FSU bros won't be long for Texas I'm afraid.

Not enough. Diaz is a fucking joke to be sure, but our entire team is a fucking joke.

Down 3 scores with 5 min left? Screen pass! Brilliant!

Manny Diaz will go before Mack. My FSU bros won't be long for Texas I'm afraid.

As long as our donors keep cutting checks to Deloss, it won't matter. Even if we get blown out by OU for the 3rd consecutive year, dollars will dictate Mack's status, not the fans calling for his head.

Broank

So in comparison to Hoke's comments about ND backing out of the series with Michigan, this is what Dantonio said:

Hoke was talking about admins in that quote though. He's always respects the heck out of NDs football program.

Dantonio has a long list of awful handling of team discipline both in games and off the field, gets in media wars with teenage players, interrupts other coaches during their speeches at conferences, called Urban Meyer and other coaches unethical (like recruiting committed players till the end is not what you are supposed to do) and is just a no humor asshole in general.

Westonian

I avoided texting or posting during the game because I didn't want to jinx it, but hot damn that was an awesome game. Thought the weather delay was ominous after watching BYU crap the bed last week after a two hour weather delay. Instead, outside of a few mistakes BYU pretty much took Texas to the wood shed.

Five hundred and fifty yards rushing.

Now a bye week to heal up and get ready to finally give Utah their comeuppance in two weeks.

Maybe so, under normal conditions. But recruiting under sanctions isn't easy, especially bullshit sanctions like we got.... no bowls, etc.

It's also hard to attract coaches under those conditions. Kiffin wasn't the first choice.

A lot of people suspect Kiffin is just here to ride out the sanction years, and if he turned out to be good, cool.

Obviously he's not turning out well, though.

Any Sooner fans out there? Looks like we may have a QB controversy. Knight can make plays with his feet, but it looks like he can't throw worth a shit. He got benched for Bell, and he didn't exactly throw it all over the yard. Running game looks great, D has been surprisingly solid so far this season. I'm really curious to see what the coaching staff does at QB. Knight might not be ready yet. And benching him tonight has to hurt his confidence moving forward.

Texas lost, so yay :). Although OU v UT is sooo much better when both are undefeated going in.

Hoke was talking about admins in that quote though. He's always respects the heck out of NDs football program.

Dantonio has a long list of awful handling of team discipline both in games and off the field, gets in media wars with teenage players, interrupts other coaches during their speeches at conferences, called Urban Meyer and other coaches unethical (like recruiting committed players till the end is not what you are supposed to do) and is just a no humor asshole in general.

That's within his own conference. I don't care about any of that stuff. Dantonio has always been way more respectful to ND than Hoke has. Also somebody needs to be calling out Urbz...

cashman

Banned
Any Sooner fans out there? Looks like we may have a QB controversy. Knight can make plays with his feet, but it looks like he can't throw worth a shit. He got benched for Bell, and he didn't exactly throw it all over the yard. Running game looks great, D has been surprisingly solid so far this season. I'm really curious to see what the coaching staff does at QB. Knight might not be ready yet. And benching him tonight has to hurt his confidence moving forward.

Texas lost, so yay :). Although OU v UT is sooo much better when both are undefeated going in.

Both guys are chumps. You guys need to start Cody Thomas.

I used to be on the same baseball team as him!

KingGondo

Banned

I'm an OSU fan, and was watching the game with interest.

Bell didn't show a thing, honestly. He handed it off and managed the game against a bad WVU team when the game was more or less in hand.

Knight looked terrible though.

OU would be formidable if they had a quarterback. Not sure they do.

squicken

Knight looks so terrible they might as well give Bell a shot. WVU has a severe QB issue so it's hard to know much about the defense yet. I imagine Notre Dame will be the first true test there. Hope it's enough time for them to shore some thing up

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Tigerdroppings didn't take long to bring back Saban2Tejas.

Should look at ole miss's coach next week in Texas, while he's running all over Mackie Boy.

I love how Michigan thinks they're super-intimidating again.

Newsflash: No legitimately good team is afraid to play you.

Oh get the fuck over yourself - no "legitimate" team is afraid of you either. What's your point? Nevermind, I know your schtick - bash Michigan every chance you get because hurrrrrrrrr rivalry.

Your attitude is trash and you're not even fun to talk shit with. You're callous, rude and uninteresting.

Have a great season.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Wooooooooooooo! D coming up big AGAIN. Come on offense!

Tigerdroppings didn't take long to bring back Saban2Tejas.

Should look at ole miss's coach next week in Texas, while he's running all over Mackie Boy.

We beat Ole Miss by 5 TD's last year, but they are a team on the rise while we are a team sinking like anvil. Have we crossed streams yet? probably.

Butane123

We need Kendal Thompson.

Trevor Knight looked pretty horrible the last two games, but I think he actually could develop into a decent quarterback.

Don't know about Bell at all.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Laces were in! FINKLE IS EINHORN, EINHORN IS FINKLE!

I'm happy that my team beat ND, but I'm looking at the BIG conference and i'm not excited to watch any BIG conference games. The SEC has way more exciting match ups than any other league; even their non-ranked matc hups are interesting.

Go Blue.

When your school has a core of 5-star amazing receivers, running on a third down is a head scratcher.
They were booing a pass to marqise in this instance.

The issue is it was yet another negative yardage pass to Lee instead of down the field.

Everybody knows Kiffin has a total of 5 plays he calls, and they're all shit.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Penalties and turnovers are killing us. That and not being able to play offense.

clav

They were booing a pass to marqise in this instance.

The issue is it was yet another negative yardage pass to Lee instead of down the field.

Everybody knows Kiffin has a total of 5 plays he calls, and they're all shit.

Seems like USC will be looking for a new coach soon if this is another subpar season.

3rd or 4th time they have ran on 3rd and long too.

Yeah. That camera shot of a flustered fan explains it all.

Yeah, ND will be a test for sure for OU. Bell basically came into the game with two tasks. Hand the ball to a RB, and don't turn it over. Our defense looked good against WV, but at the end of the year, I don't think they will have had a juggernaut season on offense. So we are really just untested so far on defense.

Lonestar

We beat Ole Miss by 5 TD's last year, but they are a team on the rise while we are a team sinking like anvil. Have we crossed streams yet? probably.

Crazy, But I think that second half Is what turned Ole Miss on last year. They've performed a lot better since then, last year and this year.

Oh get the fuck over yourself - no "legitimate" team is afraid of you either. What's your point? Nevermind, I know your schtick - bash Michigan every chance you get because hurrrrrrrrr rivalry.

Your attitude is trash and you're not even fun to talk shit with. You're callous, rude and uninteresting.

Have a great season.

:jnc

God, I love football season.

And the point is that Brady Hoke was making shit up when he said that Notre Dame was "chickening out." For whatever dumb reason, Michigan fans have latched on to this bullshit, probably because it's nice to think someone is afraid of you these days.

They're not backing out because they're afraid of you. They're backing out because they've got about a billion rivalries, and you're not very high on the list of them.

Lonestar

Really, USC should hold Kiffen until probation is over, then jump on a sumlin, Hugh freeze, or some other up and coming coach. Kiffen totally is a mike Shula/probation coach. Ride out the rough waters and dump him when you're clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom