• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Four - Off-Season Thread - tOSU wins it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

ag-my001

I was hoping for A&M to beat LSU this year as evidence of really turning the corner. Now if it happens, it won't be the same.

Also, Les should have looked at history. The Ravens fired Cameron and won the Super Bowl immediately thereafter.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Maybe LSU will emerge victorious with one of these new hyped-up coaches.

But odds are, they'll just be ground into dust and end up coaching defense at an ACC school.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
My wife's comment on the end of the Auburn LSU game this morning was that football is all kind of fuckery.

She was like no wonder guys think the way they do with like so many different rules written and unwritten and letting LSU even get the play off then having to go to replay.

It was just too much for her lol

Lonestar

Sharknado.gif

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
If they can get Tom Herman, it will be a good move. I seriously doubt Jimbo would leave FSU for them.

Lousianna has a lot of good kids, but more importantly, they are very loyal to the state and go to LSU even when it makes no sense. It is an appealing job for that reason, but I'm sure a lot of coaches won't have to be in a situation where they have to go through Saban every year to be successful.

LSU will probably go for him, but if Houston can get into the B12 they are probably going to do everything in their power to make him stay. Including possibly making him one of the top few highest paid coaches in the country.

ag-my001

Any chance Miles ends up in the NFL? His plain, boring offense is the status quo, and the players have already been developed. Plus, there are always terrible teams ready to hand out a three year contract and draft/start a rookie qb.

Karl2177

If they can get Tom Herman, it will be a good move. I seriously doubt Jimbo would leave FSU for them.

Lousianna has a lot of good kids, but more importantly, they are very loyal to the state and go to LSU even when it makes no sense. It is an appealing job for that reason, but I'm sure a lot of coaches won't have to be in a situation where they have to go through Saban every year to be successful.

That's a trap for Tom Herman. Why would anyone willingly sign up to be a coach against Saban?

Any chance Miles ends up in the NFL? His plain, boring offense is the status quo, and the players have already been developed. Plus, there are always terrible teams ready to hand out a three year contract and draft/start a rookie qb.

God help whoever thinks hiring Miles and drafting a rookie QB is a solid game plan for the future.

DominoKid

my god. i don't wish that on any team.

knowing my luck the Titans would hire him and finish ruining Mariota.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Last year the LSU AD said "We never make hiring/firing decisions until after the season is over"

Was there an invisible asterisk by that?

Maybe they just see the season is as good as over after a loss to a bad Auburn team? And a near loss to a bad MSU team? And an ugly game against an FCS team?

Maybe LSU will get a guy who can give them a decent offense. What will probably happen is them longing for the Mad Hatter years even if he probably deserved to get fired.

Lonestar

Lonestar reinforcing reasons to be happy right now I love it.

Really, the #1 way to really shit in Alabama fans cereal after this, is to go and get Saban to come back to LSU.

That sort of story would be international news. Shit would be Lit.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Really, the #1 way to really shit in Alabama fans cereal after this, is to go and get Saban to come back to LSU.

Goes without saying that they will try. Assuming they haven't already.

I feel like this would be the worst idea ever. Talk about conflicting philosophies. You'd go from a crazy up tempo offense, to one of the slowest in the country.

Kevtones and Oregon fans would just be happy to see Oregon take the 1 point PAT's instead of taking the 2 point conversion risk. When Oregon lined up for 2 against Colorado yesterday, the fans booed

jfkgoblue

LSU is not an historically strong program, Saban built it from scratch, Les did a decent job maintaining it, no matter what these last couple of years has gone. Maybe they get lucky and somehow woo Herman, but that is very unlikely IMO. IMO, they do have good recruiting grounds, but nothing else really going for them.

Honestly, this helps Bama immensely, they are going to feast in Louisiana now. I think LSU is gonna fall back to middling SEC status.
Maybe for this year only. Any recruiter with a pulse can lock up the talent in that state.
That's not really true, the last 2 coaches could, but before then Texas and Bama feasted in Louisiana. We'll see if they can maintain the state, but it is not a guarantee.

If LSU asked me to pay a 100% increase in my tuition for a big fat Saban paycheck I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom