• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 15 - ARMY versus NAVY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aesius

People are down on him because he is clearly #4 on UTs list. So other fan bases are just making fun of UT fans. UT fans are down on him because #1 some of them actually believed some of this bullshit about Gruden that even when it came out that what he wanted was absurd they refused to let it go #2 the only time they have seen him coach he lost by 3 TDs to a Dooley coached team #3 Local reporters and $9.99 sites had said for 2 weeks that there was no way Strong would say no and that at the very least he would be the coach so when he turned them down they flipped. Personally I am not really down on him so much as I am on the administration I'll reserve judgment till after he fills his staff, recruits a class, and coaches a season. His resume looks decent and while people say he rides Kelly's coattails at least he kept it going and Kelly in reality was riding Dantonio's at Cincy.

In reality there are maybe 3-4 sure fire homerun hires in college football- Saban, Meyer, and probably the Kellys after that every hire is a gamble.

Also I was all set to pick Cal as my school. Now I don't know that is ewwwwwwwwwwwww

So when you pick another school, does that mean I don't have to see you dogging the Vols week after week? Sweet!

I keed, I keed.

Don't leave us. :(

Ceebs

In reality there are maybe 3-4 sure fire homerun hires in college football- Saban, Meyer, and probably the Kellys after that every hire is a gamble.

The best hires are the ones that match the coach to the identity the school wants for it's team. Urbz was a perfect fit for Florida when they hired him because it fit the big time and still unique offense we got used to in the 90's and wanted back after the Zook years. Muschamp though seems like a good hire because he is the exact opposite of that approach that seemingly had run it's course in the league.

Bowser

People are down on him because he is clearly #4 on UTs list. So other fan bases are just making fun of UT fans. UT fans are down on him because #1 some of them actually believed some of this bullshit about Gruden that even when it came out that what he wanted was absurd they refused to let it go #2 the only time they have seen him coach he lost by 3 TDs to a Dooley coached team #3 Local reporters and $9.99 sites had said for 2 weeks that there was no way Strong would say no and that at the very least he would be the coach so when he turned them down they flipped. Personally I am not really down on him so much as I am on the administration I'll reserve judgment till after he fills his staff, recruits a class, and coaches a season. His resume looks decent and while people say he rides Kelly's coattails at least he kept it going and Kelly in reality was riding Dantonio's at Cincy.

Also I was all set to pick Cal as my school. Now I don't know that is ewwwwwwwwwwwww

I think Jones well do well for UT. He was in the final 3 for UNC last year (Fedora, Sumlin, Jones) and Bubba Cunningham's (our AD) top priority was to bring in a coach who would have a high octane offense. If Bray/Patterson/Hunter stay (forget what year they are), Jones should be able to throw out a high-scoring offense. Also, looks like UT has given him quite the comp package to assemble a top-notch staff, so he should be able to have great coordinators around him.

jjasper

So when you pick another school, does that mean I don't have to see you dogging the Vols week after week? Sweet!

I keed, I keed.

Don't leave us. :(

Of course not. And to be fair I never dogged anyone but Dooley and Sal.

The best hires are the ones that match the coach to the identity the school wants for it's team. Urbz was a perfect fit for Florida when they hired him because it fit the big time and still unique offense we got used to in the 90's and wanted back after the Zook years. Muschamp though seems like a good hire because he is the exact opposite of that approach that seemingly had run it's course in the league.

I think this is true. Its is also why I think Gus and Jones might end up being better hires in the long run than Bielema at Arkansas. None of these schools are going to be able to out do LSU/Bama/UF at their own game they will never be able to match the talent year in and year out so they need to do something unique to try and give them an advantage. Gus will surely do that with his offense and Jones coming from Meyer and Rich Rod will too. Bielema is going to line up and try to play big 10 football against LSU and Bama every year? Not happening.

Iceman

wat

WHAT

WHAT THE FUCK

LIAT FUX

Thanks Jerry Brown/obama.

Doesn't look bad actually, except for using ucla's wimpy colors.

Thankfully that's system wide and doesn't apply to Berkeley per se, so their helmet/uni colors shouldn't be in danger. Cal needs to go back to their classic jersey/helmet though.

I just don't understand how a Bible, a star, and some Latin can't scale. 2/3 of that is on like every federal agency's crest.
Eh, I could see how it would get a little busy given the design at smaller sizes. But it's a pretty flimsy excuse especially considering what they wasted their money on.

The other point about it basically being more accessible is just someone getting a little too carried away from their marketing/branding education.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider

AntoneM

The NCAA National Champion* RUNNERS UP from last year (Sam Houston State) and a better than normal Montana State is a better game than WAC, MAC, Sun Belt and Big East.

*My North Dakota State University Bison are THE division I reigning NCAA fooball national champions (sorry Bama, to be the best you gotta beat the best)

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
So have any of Cal's various overly-PC groups petitions their new football coach to change his name? I can't believe that a coach with the last name of "Dykes" is going to win many friends on that campus.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
So have any of Cal's various overly-PC groups petitions their new football coach to change his name? I can't believe that a coach with the last name of "Dykes" is going to win many friends on that campus.

The Hell you say, many lefty (I can't think of right wing lesbians to be honest) lesbians refer to themselves as dykes all the time. Its a thing.

Why this is the first photo that pops up in Google Images for Sonny Dykes I don't understand.

20121205__calsandybarbour1~1_300.JPG

Nesotenso

The Hell you say, many lefty (I can't think of right wing lesbians to be honest) lesbians refer to themselves as dykes all the time. Its a thing.

Why this is the first photo that pops up in Google Images for Sonny Dykes I don't understand.

20121205__calsandybarbour1~1_300.JPG

I think they view it as reclaiming a slur or something. But I doubt anyone is gonna give Dykes a hard time because of his surname

I really hope this Switzer quote on Bielema is real.

http://forums.the-ozone.net/messages/539743.html
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough. Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

Ace 8095

The NCAA National Champion* RUNNERS UP from last year (Sam Houston State) and a better than normal Montana State is a better game than WAC, MAC, Sun Belt and Big East.

*My North Dakota State University Bison are THE division I reigning NCAA fooball national champions (sorry Bama, to be the best you gotta beat the best)
Loudass North Dokota State fans. I look forward to Wofford ending your playoff run today.

ChiTownBuffalo

Isn't Wofford in England?

JHall

If you turn on ESPN Georgia Southern is playing. Dominique Swope went to my high school, he was a freshman my senior year.

Alabama fans might remember Swope, he ran for 153 yards and a touchdown against them last year.

JHall

Triple option vs spread, fun watching. Are the DI-AA playoffs 8 or 16 teams?

Edit:

FCS, this year is 20 teams and will be expanding to 24 teams in 2013.

Top 4 seeds get a bye the first round; in 2013 they will now play in the first round because of the addition of 4 more teams.

AntoneM

Edit:

FCS, this year is 20 teams and will be expanding to 24 teams in 2013.

Top 4 seeds get a bye the first round; in 2013 they will now play in the first round because of the addition of 4 more teams.

That's not quite right either, the top 12 teams get a "bye" the first week during the play in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom