• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 15 - ARMY versus NAVY

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjasper

Gotta give the Cincy AD credit after reading some of stuff he said yesterday after Jones left and this in addition to the past three hires dude must pretty good.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Too bad Sonny just got hired at cal.

You think Tech goes after Kingsbury?

For whatever reason I doubt it, though it could happen. I don't think he has enough skins on the wall quite yet. I imagine Kingsbury is going to ride his Heisman QB all the way to a west coast head coaching job. I'd like to see them promote Neal Brown, personally. Chad Morris may get a call.

Really hurts for Dykes to have just gone off the market. Would have been a home run for us. Maybe the ink on his contract is still wet enough to smudge into illegibility.

11 designers
3.5 years
1 terrible fast food chain logo
X dollars spent
Yeah, but the helmets are going to be super awesome:

tGn4d.jpg

So have any of Cal's various overly-PC groups petitions their new football coach to change his name? I can't believe that a coach with the last name of "Dykes" is going to win many friends on that campus.
There was a Holmoe in charge for years and no one made too much of a fuss about about it.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Tech message board meltdown head coach suggestions: Kingsbury, Deruyter, Morris, Petrino, Tressel.

From more legitimate sources, looks like Tech is going to go balls to the wall for Briles.

mcgruber

Tech message board meltdown head coach suggestions: Kingsbury, Deruyter, Morris, Petrino, Tressel.

From more legitimate sources, looks like Tech is going to go balls to the wall for Briles.

they seem to want to get rid of neal brown too. why would you want him promoted and why is there a huge divide among fans concerning love/hate of the coaching staff

KingGondo

Banned

Don't think Briles would leave, Baylor is a better job at this point (no offense).

Hell, I'd go for Petrino. Why not.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Don't think Briles would leave, Baylor is a better job at this point (no offense).

Keep in mind, though, that he's from West texas and graduated from Tech. Also, word is his new extension didn't increase his buyout.

Cyan

Banned
State of the coaching carousel:

ACC
Boston College - Steve Addazio (HC, Temple)
NC State - Dave Doeren (HC, NIU)

B1G
Purdue - Darrell Hazell (HC, Kent St)
Wisconsin

Big XIIXI
Texas Tech

Pac-12
Cal - Sonny Dykes (HC, LA Tech)
Colorado

SECSECSEC
Auburn - Gus Malzahn (HC, Arkansas St)
Arkansas - Bret Bielema (lol, Wiscy)
Kentucky - Mark Stoops (DC, FSU)
Tennessee - Butch Jones (HC, Cincy)

Mid-majors
Arkansas State
Cincinnati - Tommy Tuberville (WTFWTFWTF)
FIU
Idaho - Paul Petrino (the other Petrino)
Kent State
Louisiana Tech
Northern Illinois - Rod Carey (OC)
Southern Miss
Temple
UTEP - Sean Kugler (OL, Steelers)
USF - Willie Taggart (HC, WKU)
Western Kentucky
Western Michigan

jjasper

I think Briles is probably going to hold out waiting to try and get the Tejas job.

Petrino would be a great hire. but considein how the Pirate got canned I doubt they could handle Petrino.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I think Briles is probably going to hold out waiting to try and get the Tejas job.

Petrino would be a great hire. but considein how the Pirate got canned I doubt they could handle Petrino.

Also Gillispie, the ex basketball coach. I don't see Tech hiring anybody with issues like Petrino, we've had enough of that lately.

FyreWulff

Is it just me or are coaches not really being welded to their schools anymore a recent thing?

I didn't pay much attention when I was young to this side of the sport so I dunno if this was just something that always happened, or is just a result of an era where a coach can get fired for a 9-3 season.

Limedust

Tuberville and his motorized pine box are taking the scenic route all the way back to Ole Miss after Flood gets a new gig in a couple more years.

The guy who made the gameday posters made a final undefeated one. I think im going to print off a couple on a canvas and hang them on my wall, some are really well done.

undefeated-poster.jpg

It's tough to see one of these teams lose, especially like that...all these kids are the best of an entire nation.

Oh God my heart breaks for the Army QB Trent Steelman sobbing as their Alma Mater plays in front of the students...wow. Even the General of the US Army is consoling him...

Retrocide

It's tough to see one of these teams lose, especially like that...all these kids are the best of an entire nation.

Oh God my heart breaks for the Army QB Trent Steelman sobbing as their Alma Mater plays in front of the students...wow. Even the General of the US Army is consoling him...

Yeah, it's pretty rough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom