• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 8 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medalion

Banned
As good as ep was last night, it had some sore spots I forgot to mention

I am getting tired of Rosie as a recurring celeb cameo, never liked her in general before this... the only time I find her funny is when she's threatening to beat up Larry

The whole way Larry got caught with the blue pill I saw coming a mile away

Some of these setups or reveals for how things turn awry for Larry are becoming less creative as the seasons keep coming out

Otherwise still a good ep

Meier

see5harp said:
I did think the whole juicing angle played perfectly. So many great quotes for baseball fans here with the "recovery not enhancement" and "not getting into cooperstown." This was better than the previous episode in my opinion because it was simple and the return of Leon doesn't hurt.
Yeah, as a diehard baseball fan this was just an absolute classic. The shit bow bit and Leon on top of it? I loved it.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
"I'm livin' large. I just had a croissant filled with motherfucking champagne." Incredible. Leon is a gift that keeps on giving.

The last scene had me in tears.

"this is first lunch of, god who knows how many"

LUNCHES! ALL POWERFUL LUNCHES!

LUNCH IS MY RELIGION!

LM4sure

Banned
AgentWhiskers said:
"I'm livin' large. I just had a croissant filled with motherfucking champagne." Incredible. Leon is a gift that keeps on giving.

hahaha, that was an awesome line!! Leon is great!

and what the fuck was wrong with Rosie' neck? Looked like she went tanning but because of all her fat rolls she didn't get all of her neck tanned. it looks disgusting.

Belfast

Lactose_Intolerant said:
Yeah, anytime you see the back of Larry's head you can tell he has a smile on his face because of how his cheeks are. Plus he practically has a smile on his face the whole time.

I love it, personally, because I like the idea that he's been this way so long that the other things people do just leave him bemused instead of legitimately angry or frustrated. He's less curmudgeon at this point and you see that he is actually quite happy with his life. Even when things get on his nerves, the issues never seem to run deep.

The whole opening was great. I loved him talking with Rosie,

"What am I a magician? I know that you have a card??"

"They have to have sex with everyone? HALF the population isn't good enough for them?"

hahaahhaa

Triton55

nincompoop said:
You must be very young/don't know anything about women
Pleading guilty on the latter accusation, but I stand my ground.
Are you suggesting that women like Larry because he is rich? A lot of the women he meets wouldn't know that at first, and many of them have purely physical relationships. At the very least, the show is never angled such that the women are going for Larry's money. He has humor on his side too I guess, but it still seems like a stretch.

SolKane

Triton55 said:
Are you suggesting that women like Larry because he is rich? A lot of the women he meets wouldn't know that at first, and many of them have purely physical relationships. At the very least, the show is never angled such that the women are going for Larry's money. He has humor on his side too I guess, but it still seems like a stretch.

Unattractive, nebbish funny-men attract the ladies. It's called the Woodly Allen effect.

Medalion said:
As good as ep was last night, it had some sore spots I forgot to mention

The whole way Larry got caught with the blue pill I saw coming a mile away

WOOOOW, fucking Amazing Kreskin here

Triton55 said:
Jesus, how the fuck do you avatar quote now?

Anyways, if I could, there's your answer.

OpinionatedCyborg said:
I can't think of another show that has such divided reactions among its fanbase as Curb.
I can tell you that the show with the most delusional fanbase is the True Blood thread across the street. Some of them still think it's a good show.

Misanthropy said:
I can tell you that the show with the most delusional fanbase is the True Blood thread across the street. Some of them still think it's a good show.

lol

everytime i go to post in that thread i just think fuck it.. a weird fanbase for sure

scoobs

true blood has gone off the rails, they were advertising on twitter that they're premiering some taylor swift song in the new episode... guess they realized Twilight is kinda popular

back on topic, just watched this episode and the challenge between larry and rosie was hilarious

Leon was definitely the best addition to the show. The guy consistently hits it out of the park and steals every scene he is in. I think this may be the most consistent season of Curb yet--I have enjoyed every episode.

woodchuck

freaking amazing episode.

This season has been on par with Season 2. Can't believe it's kept up this level of quality 8 seasons in.

All the baseball references were fucking fantastic.

GQman2121

Banned
Shitbow.gif

Shit bow? Shit bow?

Damn, the dude that played the Japanese maitre'd was really good. He had me doubting he's an actor at some points.

Being in NY is so awesome for the show. I love it.
cacophony said:
Probably my least favorite episode this season. Loved the Leon scenes, nothing else really made me laugh.
I laughed boisterously several times. For me it was the funniest of the season.

Medalion

Banned
Leon's best bit was taking him slightly out of his comfort zone when he pretended to be white as Danny Duberstein in season 7

I feel that his normal schtick, on occasion, I've seen a million times from other black comedic actors I am sorry to say

gdt

God, Leon is too good. They'll keep him around forever, their chemistry is too good.

The roommate bit had me rolling.

I want to know what devil Larry sold his soul to. I have no idea how this show is this good week after week.

The look on his face when he said
"oh you're a man of integrity...obviously".
I was fucking dead.

I think the one-armed man is a representation of the silent majority whose opinions rule over the defiant minorities and cannot fight back because the majority is too strong. The judge's son represents the media which doesn't believe the minorities and refuses to acknowledge even that a silent majority exists. Then in the end when the silent majority comes out and wreaks havoc on the judge (who represents the truth, even though Larry is a genius and does an ironic twist where the judge is racist) the son asks the judge who did this to him and he says the one armed man even though the man has escaped by taxi (being silent again) and Larry has a cast on one of him arms. The result is mass confusion which always occurs when the minorities are oppressed and the media doesn't have any idea what is going on.

woodchuck

man, i could seriously watch 30 minutes of jeff/larry just chitchatting about random shit. it looks like they're having so much fun when they're on screen together

Bread

Banned
woodchuck said:
man, i could seriously watch 30 minutes of jeff/larry just chitchatting about random shit. it looks like they're having so much fun when they're on screen together
I loved the scenes in the car, Jeff had some hilarious laughs.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Another solid episode.

Very circumstantial and full circle, but hilarious nonetheless.

Yeah it's crazy how there are only 2 episodes left, this one flew by. Anther good episode. There wasn't really a lot of structure this season but I bet something decently big will happen that will set up a structure for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom