• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Rebirth |OT| It's not a reboot, and it always was [SPOILERS for Rebirth #1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is the other girl on Teen Titans?
isn't Raven is it?

Probably Lilith, who is the main driving force of Titans Hunt.

Titans-Hunt-001-2015-Digital-Empire-027-600x811.jpg

She's the redhead with no costume here.

Lilith sort of has a costume in TH, though, doesn't she?

EDIT: on second thought, both redheads. Disregard.

You are actually correct, but that look is from Teen Titans. As of Titans Hunt, that character - Omen - is now separate from Lilith, though they were the same character prior.

I don't think they thought the eye-sewn-shut thing was salvageable.

I was talking about
5117367-6336916115-Cefgt.jpg

as the costume looks Raven but that face doesn't look like typical Raven to me.

Quoted Shanny since its the other Titans book an im wondering the same.

Ah. Sorry, misunderstanding. Yeah, that looks like a fix for Raven over her current new 52 counterpart.

You are actually correct, but that look is from Teen Titans. As of Titans Hunt, that character - Omen - is now separate from Lilith, though they were the same character prior.

I don't think they thought the eye-sewn-shut thing was salvageable.

Ah. Sorry, misunderstanding. Yeah, that looks like a fix for Raven over her current new 52 counterpart.

Thanks

BlizzKrut

Banned
So I'm interested in Titans but have some questions.

Is it a whole new series? As in, will it start from #1 and I don't have to read anything prior?

What is the difference between Titans and Teen Titans.

The team is Nightwing, Aqualad, Omen, and who is the WW-like girl? And the 'Red Arrow' boy?

Is it a whole new series? As in, will it start from #1 and I don't have to read anything prior?

The team is Nightwing, Aqualad, Omen, and who is the WW-like girl? And the 'Red Arrow' boy?

It's a whole new series. It carries over some stuff from Titans Hunt (which is a miniseries), but it'll probably be easy for a new reader to pick up. They are mostly the original Teen TItans, grown up. The WW-like girl is Donna Troy, the original Wonder Girl. Red Arrow is... well, Red Arrow, Roy Harper, formerly Speedy.

Ross61

CehRknpWQAIi-0w.jpg

Don't think this new Teen Titans art was posted. I'm interested, but I'm unsure of Benjamin Percy as a writer. Surprised they didn't tap on Tom Taylor to do anything.

The current book Titans Hunt is tied to Rebirth at which point it becomes Titans.

When New52 started Dick was never a Titan(or the rest of them) when the Titans Hunt story started it was basically like there was an error in reality or something and they were part of a team and of what I read they try to figure out whats going on.
Also some villain is after that specific Titans team so thats why Dick brought back the Nightwing costume.

Don't think this new Teen Titans art was posted. I'm interested, but I'm unsure of Benjamin Percy as a writer. Surprised they didn't tap on Tom Taylor to do anything.

Hadn't seen this art, but it looks like Starfire is still the same age. She'll likely serve as a mentor, but it's strange that Damian is supposed to be the leader here.

I thought I was up to date with most of this.

When did pre-Flashpoint Superman get outed? Is this in the latest 'Superman' or 'Superman: Lois and Clark'?

Nu52 Superman got outed. I think what they're trying to say is that Pre-Flashpoint Superman showed up, meaning Clark and Superman could be in the same place at the same time, putting the genie back in the bottle in regards to his secret identity.

Hadn't seen this art, but it looks like Starfire is still the same age. She'll likely serve as a mentor, but it's strange that Damian is supposed to be the leader here.

Worth noting the pitch is that he wants to be the leader, but the others object.

Kori should be able to put down Damian pretty easily, maybe they'll actually have that happen.

Sou Da

Worth noting the pitch is that he wants to be the leader, but the others object.

Kori should be able to put down Damian pretty easily, maybe they'll actually have that happen.
HAHAHAHA

Every writer worships Damian, he'll be leading the team to their death by issue 5

HAHAHAHA

Every writer worships Damian, he'll be leading the team to their death by issue 5

Hey, you never know. Rebirth! It's a new day!

lol he's going to wreck all of them. He kicked all of the former Robins' asses, he'll do it again. Jason should have won that fight, dammit.

tim1138

I'm seeing a lot of love for Blue Beetle here, is this a good book? I'm not very familiar with the character.

It's classic Ted Kord Beetle serving as a mentor for Jaime Reyes Beetle, so it hits both fanbases. Plus it has a solid creative team in Keith Giffen and Scott Kolins. It should be a very fun book.

Adnor

Banned
Would you say that the 2006 series is better than the new 52 series?

I haven't read the N52 series, so I don't know. The only thing I've heard about BB in N52 is that he didn't tell his family or friends about the scarab and the fact that everyone close to him knew about it was ony of my favorite things about the character, but again I haven't read the series so I don't know if that's true.

Good grief, I just looked at the Wiki entry for Rebirth and just realized there's only two female creators in the whole line up. And both are on a Batgirl run. Wow.

Good grief, I just looked at the Wiki entry for Rebirth and just realized there's only two female creators in the whole line up. And both are on a Batgirl run. Wow.

Damn, I hadn't thought about that, but you're right :/ bummer. Hopefully we see Bennet, Simone, or DeLuiz get something. If nothing else, Bombshells is probably gonna continue.

shingi70

Banned
That Teen Titans line up is missing Blue Beetle or Superboy.

Good Shit all around but i'm bummed that some of my favs aren't getting any love. Where's Firestorm, Steel, The Atom.

Eh? I count seven, although they are heavily Batgirl centered:

Hope Larson - Batgirl
Julie Benson / Shawna Benson / Claire Roe - Batgirl and BoP
Nicola Scott - Wonder Woman
Emanuela Luppacino - Superwoman
Amanda Conner - Harley Quinn

Plus Tula Lotay and Afua Richardson are working on All Star Batman

tim1138

There's more than two, not a lot, but more than two:

Nicola Scott
Hope Larson
Amanda Connor
Julie Benson
Shawna Benson
Claire Roe
Tula Lotay
Jordie Bellaire (colorists count yo)
Becky Cloonan
Emanuela Lupacchino

So that's 10, and there might be other woman colorists, we only know of Jordie because Tom King was sure to give her a shout out.

Sandfox

That Teen Titans line up is missing Blue Beetle or Superboy.

Good Shit all around but i'm bummed that some of my favs aren't getting any love. Where's Firestorm, Steel, The Atom.

I would be surprised if they didn't do anything with Firestorm at some point.

If I want to really understand flashpoint and how it led to new 52 then what books should I read. Just the 5 part main flashpoint series or any other character flashpoint books?

tim1138

If I want to really understand flashpoint and how it led to new 52 then what books should I read. Just the 5 part main flashpoint series or any other character flashpoint books?

All you need is the main Flashpoint book. Some of the tie in books are good, but they're not necessary to understanding the big picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom