• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Legendary engram from 1st NF that turned into 2 ass shards
11 strange coins from 2nd NF
10 Ass Energy from 3rd NF

Man fuck this game, and fuck the retard who decided to put ass mats in NF loot table. WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSE TO DO WITH 10 ASS ENERGY?

it's fucking ridiculous. i've fully prepped myself for when I do it later tonight. set your expectations LOWWWW. Then again, stuff like this happens:

Nc6DXxs.jpg

You better believe I'm in for this IB. Don't think I'm playing Destiny today and if I do it'll be to knock out a late night Nightfall or two. But later in the week and especially this weekend I'll be all over it and looking for constant groups.

It's worth noting that while 36 Light gloves only might not seem like they're worth much of all, if you have characters that aren't 32 yet and haven't invested much into them, there's still a lot of value there. IB Gloves will take Ascendant Materials, meaning that any Radiant Shards you get can be spent on your other pieces, meaning that they'll get to 32 notably faster, even though it's "just one piece". I'll be seeking them on at least my Warlock and possibly my Titan as well, though I need a new Timur's Lash desperately and making sure I can buy one of those is my first priority.

My hunter has a full set of raid gear, but I'm still doing IB to get the gloves (well really a Timur's Lash, gloves are a secondary). The way I see it, I'll use the gloves and an exotic piece, and get to 32 using only 42 radiant shards, which I currently have. I could max 3 pieces of raid gear, but that'd take Eris rank 4, which I'm not close to yet. It's a nice little short cut.

Bogeypop

If anyone wants to do Atheon, join me. Router_Go_Vroom, im at the gatekeeper tho right now.

6 Ass Shards from Atheon...
piQ57zQ.png

Oh well, can't complain too much seeing as how I got Hawkmoon and Gjallarhorn within two days of each other.

Maybe later today when more people are on doing a fresh VoG Hard I can have a shot at a Fatebringer at least.

it's fucking ridiculous. i've fully prepped myself for when I do it later tonight. set your expectations LOWWWW. Then again, stuff like this happens:

If that fails the Roc Train is always waiting for a new passenger. This conductor doesn't really need any Exotics
except the Vex
, and except for bragging rights of simply having them.

Anastasis

Any advice for someone who isn't good at crucible and who needs to pound out some exotic bounties for Thorn and Bad Juju?

I have Atheon's Epilogue and the Truth and some void sniper rifles but I really don't like the Epilogue or sniping. Just stomach it and use the two with Truth or just go Truth all the way with guns I like?

Also, should I wait for IB to start so those in normal modes aren't as good? I'd rather not play with randoms, but I'd hate to bring down a team of Gaffers just because I'm trying to grind out bounties.

Thanks!

jaaz

Legendary engram from 1st NF that turned into 2 ass shards
11 strange coins from 2nd NF
10 Ass Energy from 3rd NF

Man fuck this game, and fuck the retard who decided to put ass mats in NF loot table. WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSE TO DO WITH 10 ASS ENERGY?

I know it's little consolidation, but 10 Ass Shards would have been even worse. At least Ass Energy is still useful for upgrading 331 legendaries. Ass Shards are completely useless once you've move on to raid gear. I have over a 200 of them.

spyder_ur

Hey all - trying to form a group for tonight. Would like a laid back casual group. Would love to go out around 8 or 8:30 EST ideally.

Only thing is I'd like to run the sword. I'm a 32 Titan but didn't get it done on my first try last week - had a few wipes as I was getting used to it (mostly escaping) and I sensed at least some members of the team wanting to get it done so I let someone else handle it, but I'd really like to try killing him. So some patience would be appreciated. Shouldn't be too bad and I've got some pointers, but wanted to be upfront.

Let me know if you want in. Depending on response now, might report closer to 8, but let me know if interested.

1. Schwagger15 (spyder_ur) - 32 Titan
2. Dazzler (DazzlerIE) - 31 Titan
3. Coconut (KrugerrandMan) 31 hunter
4. Axelhortsemchi (Lordsirsama), 31 hunter
5. Captscience (captscience) 31 warlock
6. Galactic Toast (cloud945076)

E92 M3

OH WOW! Man I feel for you.

Any advice for someone who isn't good at crucible and who needs to pound out some exotic bounties for Thorn and Bad Juju?

I have Atheon's Epilogue and the Truth and some void sniper rifles but I really don't like the Epilogue or sniping. Just stomach it and use the two with Truth or just go Truth all the way with guns I like?

Also, should I wait for IB to start so those in normal modes aren't as good? I'd rather not play with randoms, but I'd hate to bring down a team of Gaffers just because I'm trying to grind out bounties.

Thanks!

Every time I see your avatar I think there is a Destiny update lol. Stick with crucible if you need practice.

Homeboyd

Thanks!
People will tell you not to use AE though I used it for thorn and was perfectly fine. Don't use rockets though unless you don't have a void machine gun.

I used:

Atheon's Epilogue - void
Plug.One1 (or whatever) - void
Corrective Measure - void
Void magnet grenade (defender titan)

Got it done in no time. I'd go with a void fusion or shotgun unless you're playing larger maps. Fusion rifles wreck and disrespect in PvP.

phen0m24

I'd like to be an alt.

I think we would need to vet you first.

You play with RealCzK on a regular basis and fling sarcasm quite frequently: Strike 1
You once called a member of our fine squad CreamedCorn: Strike 2
You were the first one to make it to the light above Spongebob: Strike 3

By the nature of the above
you would also fit right in

One of our esteemed colleagues may contact you should alternate services be required. Thanks GK

:)

Axoman

You will sherpa me with your Fatebringer and I clean up with the Thunderlord.

I'm telling you man, you should do VoG with us. I got my second Fatebringer last week.

I think I'm now like 5 out 7 HM Templars where he's dropped at least one Fatebringer.

Bogeypop

Oh god and to rub more salt in the wound there's my sixth Aspect of Glass waiting for me at the Postmaster... Still no VoC, Fatebringer, or Vex.

LiK

People will tell you not to use AE though I used it for thorn and was perfectly fine. Don't use rockets though unless you don't have a void machine gun.

I used:

Atheon's Epilogue - void
Plug.One1 (or whatever) -void
Corrective Measure - void
Void magnet grenade (defender titan)

Got it done in no time. I'd go with a void fusion or shotgun unless you're playing larger maps. Fusion rifles wreck and disrespect in PvP.

I'm still not good with FRs. Only good with the Vex, lol

E92 M3

I'm telling you man, you should do VoG with us. I got my second Fatebringer last week.

I think I'm now like 5 out 7 HM Templars where he's dropped at least one Fatebringer.

Just let me know when! I have 3 templars a week. Every VOG I do people but me get them :(

No matter how low you set it, you are not prepared for the reward of 2 ass shards from a fking Nightfall. Thats like playing 30 min T6 rift in Diablo 3 and only coming out with 2 yellow mats.

Sanke__

Thanks!

For the thorn bounty, make sure you only use void weapons

Kills with other weapons give no points and you are still losing points from deaths

You should really get a void shotgun (a green one is fine)

Dazzler

Hey all - trying to form a group for tonight. Would like a laid back casual group. Would love to go out around 8 or 8:30 EST ideally.

Only thing is I'd like to run the sword. I'm a 32 Titan but didn't get it done on my first try last week - had a few wipes as I was getting used to it (mostly escaping) and I sensed at least some members of the team wanting to get it done so I let someone else handle it, but I'd really like to try killing him. So some patience would be appreciated. Shouldn't be too bad and I've got some pointers, but wanted to be upfront.

Let me know if you want in. Depending on response now, might report closer to 8, but let me know if interested.

1. Schwagger15 (spyder_ur) - 32 Titan
2. Dazzler (DazzlerIE) - 31 Titan

FYI I've never done it before so really eager to give it a shot if that's ok

phen0m24

Kills with other weapons give no points and you are still losing points from deaths

My son
(doer of Thorn bounties in my house)
was a firm believer in the Invisible Hand void shotgun.

I think we would need to vet you first.

You play with RealCzK on a regular basis and fling sarcasm quite frequently: Strike 1
You once called a member of our fine squad CreamedCorn: Strike 2
You were the first one to make it to the light above Spongebob: Strike 3

By the nature of the above
you would also fit right in

One of our esteemed colleagues may contact you should alternate services be required. Thanks GK

:)

Touche...

Those "death screws you over" bounties give me too much anxiety. PvP is so horrible that I can't count on not dying enough to finish the bounties before I tear my hair out.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Thanks!

I got mine with a void shotgun and Corrective measure. I'm not the best at PVP either but I just played carefully and timed heavy ammo. You can rack up some serious kills with corrective measure

Trakan

I played IB last time, started at level 20, got rep level 4.5, earned both gun drops, arms and gauntlets. I've played a shitload of IB, the level advantages are not "'minimal".

They are super minimal. If you're 10 levels under, they're not. 99% of the players you play in this mode are within 30-32. Players within 3 levels of you deal the same damage you do.

Top Bottom