• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For real tho I've basically given up and concede that Gunslingers are no longer the top PVPers in the game.

As someone who initially started out as a Titan and managed to do okay in PVP despite the low-kill potential of FoH it does feel nice that a different class is the king and Titans are no longer being shat on.

That's only once I remove myself from the thought of how stupid the sunbreaker super is. It's hilarious that you can cream on a guy for a whole match but once he turns that on he can turn into a god for those 10 seconds and pick up enough kills to break even for the rest of his shitty performance during the match. It's ridiculous that it isn't the class as a whole which contributes to sunbreakers being at the top, but solely their obscene super.

It's basura Bungie.

X-Frame

Suncharge is seriously underrated everyone. Built in Explosive Pyre, way more damage than regular hammers, lock-on shoulder charge with good range, and it looks awesome!

Getting 300 Gauntlets while wearing 300 Gauntlets ;_;

I got 303 gauntlets today with increased SIDEARM RELOAD SPEED. Sidearms. Side. Arms. That'll go well with the "faster reloads in an Aura" perk. Can't wait to stagger Oryx with my Havoc Pigeon.
Hahahahahahah
Time to wreak...

some Havoc
.....YEAHHHHHHH (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

TheBear

If I get a group of 6 for a raid, how long would it take from start to finish?
I know there's checkpoints, so if someone drops out does the group keep going or do you need to start again?

Afrocious

Also, the raid dropped gloves that had faster sniper rifle reloading.

I had to do a double take to make sure it didn't read sidearm like everything else.

MrDaravon

Thanks for that IB train guys, went to goddamn town every match I played, and I went from 5 to 11 throwing knife kills! It feels good sometimes to know that I can actually be decent at this game when I'm not playing with randoms lol. Also got the kill streak part of the weekly bounty done which is pretty good for me, I don't go on killing streaks very often >_>

Dante316

I know there's checkpoints, so if someone drops out does the group keep going or do you need to start again?

45 min till 10 hrs depending on the communication and skill level of the group. Having 6 ppl helps and can do most of the raid 5 or even 4 but later parts will be very difficult .

And yes there are checkpoints which you can continue from any time till next Tuesday

For a full group of first timers, anywhere from 2-3 hours.

You get a checkpoint after every encounter, so yes, you can resume from there anytime during the current week. Checkpoints and loot drops reset on weekly reset (tuesday).

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Heck I can't get above 307 on my main and I've done the raid each week. Today on my Warlock the only drop I got from the entire raid was boots from Golg and they were 303 (Lower then my current boots). Between that and the Black Spindle nerf (Which I infused a 300 to 308 light using 310 exotic drops or raid weapons) which changed my weapon to 288 or something I actually went DOWN in progress towards 308 this week.

Yeah I didn't make any forward progress either this week.
I got a single piece of armour between my three characters today (not including class items). A 306 chest piece for my Warlock. All the other drops were weaker than what I already had as well.
I have only seen a single sniper rifle drop so far.
I haven't gotten many arc weapons in the game since TTK dropped. I have tons and tons of void weapons and plenty of solar but not many arc. I haven't had an arc heavy drop yet. I have two arc snipers (just got a 1000 yard stare arc today) and two arc shotguns.. And that's it.
I used to have too many arc weapons.

Frenden

Banned
My biggest get in Destiny this week? The furry cloak. I like it. People are going to think I'm a furry, but I just like wolves.

Sigh.

GutZ31

I feel like the only person here that actually uses sidearms, both in crucible, and PvE.

They take some practice to get useto, but they are 1000x better than the fail that is the Vestian Dynasty.

My Jabberhakke does 49 a headshot at auto rifle range, and 60 at shotgun range.
Uizuiuv.png

In PvE, its damage is similar to a high impact scout, doing 1,500-2,500 a headshot on level 36 enemies.
985 at auto rifle range.
345 at scout rifle or sniper range.

Just got matched up in a 6v2 Iron Banner match. Is someone going to tell Bungie that fixing their damn matchmaking is a bigger priority than sucking the fun out of the game by nerfing attack values and perks on guns?

Also, WTF is up with the shotguns? I was getting shot from across the room by Conspiracy Theory-D? Shotgun nerf, my butt.

Frenden

Banned
I feel like the only person here that actually uses sidearms, both in crucible, and PvE.

They take some practice to get useto, but they are 1000x better than the fail that is the Vestian Dynasty.

Uizuiuv.png

In PvE, its damage is similar to a high impact scout, doing 1,500-2,500 a headshot on level 36 enemies.
985 at auto rifle range.

I have that gun with Speed Reload, Reactive Reload, and Spray and Play. It's not bad--it's just not my playstyle.

MrDaravon

Not to sound like an ass, but why are people having such a hard time with the Warsat on the NF? Don't get me wrong, it super sucks, but it's not impossible or anything. Just make sure you take out everything, especially the Captains, ASAP. Did it twice this morning with biggy and Toast, we wiped maybe 3-4 times the first time and twice the second time. What exactly is giving folks problems there? We honestly had a harder time the first time Saber was the Heroic strike where it was Taken with additional reinforcements that first week.

The random light level is what makes KF loot so disappointing. People were able to get to max level within 2/3 weeks of TDB and HoW, and that was without infusion (although there was etheric light in HoW). Clearly, the idea here is that we're not supposed to get to max so quickly.

It's all in the name of stretching out the content. Which I mean, they have the right to do that, but it's just disappointing. Especially since the gear you get can go from a minuscule upgrade(300->301) to a big upgrade (300->310), but in the name of stretching out content that's what had to be done.

It's obvious they're working on Destiny 2. Whether Destiny 2 will come out next year or the next remains to be seen, but they have to keep us occupied until then. How better than to make progression into a drip feed of sorts?

When you start thinking too much about it, it's offputting ._.

Not to sound like an ass, but why are people having such a hard time with the Warsat on the NF? Don't get me wrong, it super sucks, but it's not impossible or anything. Just make sure you take out everything, especially the Captains, ASAP. Did it twice this morning with biggy and Toast, we wiped maybe 3-4 times the first time and twice the second time. What exactly is giving folks problems there? We honestly had a harder time the first time Saber was the Heroic strike where it was Taken with additional reinforcements that first week.
Captains. Your shield doesn't recharge. Enemy shield resistance. Overwhelming ads. Captains. Easier to just glitch and move on to get crappy rewards.

I don't get good enough rewards to deal with that crap.

ZOONAMI

Uizuiuv.png

985 at auto rifle range.

Side arms are excellent for shooting phalanx arms.

How was Crota's loot compared to VoG's drops?

You gotta forgive me for asking. I missed out on all that stuff lol.
A lot better. Only thing I need from Crota is Necro. But I'm in no hurry. That's "the" exotic. I expect a small drop rate.

Let me put it this way. It took me an entire year to get the VoG sniper. By the time I got it. It was obsolete, because of TTK.

Afrocious

Black Hammer was fantastic. Rocket launcher was good. Everything else was alright.

Drops wise, I'd have to say VoG > KF > CE.

That's not what I'm asking. If folks are complaining about the distribution of loot in KF, I'd like to know how it stands in comparison to the previous two raids.

GutZ31

How was Crota's loot compared to VoG's drops?

You gotta forgive me for asking. I missed out on all that stuff lol.

Crotas loot was way better drop rate than VoG.
To this day, I will still get runs on VoG where all I get is shards and energy.
Crota is almost guaranteed to give a weapon, and armor at some point in the raid, unless you are super duper unlucky.

I've been playing IB but I seriously don't know why, lol.

Can I request a ban(not sure how this works)? I need to force myself away from this game for a while and be being able to come here all day everyday makes that hard. The game is just a drag now.

That's not what I'm asking. If folks are complaining about the distribution of loot in KF, I'd like to know how it stands in comparison to the previous two raids.

Ah.

In all honesty, it all feels like normal RNG for me. Each raid I have had something elude my grasp for a very long time. For VoG, it took me forever to get the boots and Fatebringer. Crota's End gave me who knows how many helmets and scout rifles, never got the hand cannon. King's Fall has given me at least three chest pieces, two gloves, one helmet and no boots.

Overall, it feels the same to me. Good ole' RNG.

MrDaravon

Captains. Your shield doesn't recharge. Enemy shield resistance. Overwhelming ads. Captains. Easier to just glitch and move on to get crappy rewards.

I don't get good enough rewards to deal with that crap.

Yeah I don't have a problem with people glitching it or anything, I'm just surprised at the number of people that seem to be having difficulty with it, I find a lot of other things in the game harder that most people don't >_>.

VOG drop rate was no where near what crota and KF are.

Took me forever to get fate bringer although the Vision dropped week after week. -_-

GutZ31

I've been playing IB but I seriously don't know why, lol.

Can I request a ban(not sure how this works)? I need to force myself away from this game for a while and be being able to come here all day everyday makes that hard. The game is just a drag now.

A ban would ban you from posting on NeoGAF all together, but you could still read posts.
You would need to PM a mod or the admin to request a ban.

ZOONAMI

Why does my Playstation not download in rest mode? Sick of trying to play games and having to wait forever to download updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom