• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GutZ31

The problem is that isn't balanced. If you fired three of them that all stuck in walls and insta-killed people, that would be the same level as the Sunbreaker. As of now it's not even close.

Ok, we can complain about how completely unbalanced, and agree that its totally not fair, or we can do something that at least stops the onslaught of death.
I choose to stop the onslaught.

I guess I just like progression. But whatever. Shouldve known not to makes this kinda comment here. ��

I mean, you're right though. The raid is a bit stale and it's way too easy on repeat. The fights aren't mechanically dense to be exciting on repeats, and the gear drops are so damn bad there's no reason to do them again unless you like being disappointed. I haven't ever seen a sniper rifle drop for example. Haven't see the lock helmet or the hunter helmet drop. So damn sparse. That's not fun. That's gambling and losing constantly.

maomaoIYP

Pretty tempted to quit Destiny over how overpowered Sunbreakers are. It's killing what is easily one of my favorite games.

I managed to get a sniper headshot + quick swap to my pulse for a headshot on a sunbreaker last night.
I traded, but it felt as though I just won the lottery.

Also, to quote myself from a few days back:
Sunbreaker with overshield can survive a flux stick + matador blast + blink combo. I still think cauterize is a better (read: more overpowered) perk though, getting a flux stick + matador + blink is extremely unlikely.

Magik

Big thanks to team 2 shards - TheTylerDurden, zewone, bloodsent, trakan and Darknyss for two smooth raid runs as well as iRAWRasaurus ' group.

First time knocking out 3 KF in one sitting.

I mean, you're right though. The raid is a bit stale and it's way too easy on repeat. The fights aren't mechanically dense to be exciting on repeats, and the gear drops are so damn bad there's no reason to do them again unless you like being disappointed. I haven't ever seen a sniper rifle drop for example. Haven't see the lock helmet or the hunter helmet drop. So damn sparse. That's not fun. That's gambling and losing constantly.

I got the Hunter helmet on the run we just did. :p

tbf it's the first I'd seen it too

Afrocious

Yeah, I don't farm too much anymore for gear. I raid for fun with fun folks and to help people.

I was thinking I could get into Crucible for fun, but tbqh I find Crucible to be...stale and boring? I dunno.

But yeah, I'm 307 with optimal gear and I find the hunt to the top fun and I don't think there's nothing wrong with that. We're the 1% of the 1% apparently haha so I couldn't care less. I'm obsessive and I admit it and enjoy my time raiding with you folks. The way I see it, I get my light level from playing Destiny with my friends.

Xion385

Anyone want to help or need one more for Fear's Embrace?

Watching the video on this last part for ToM is ridiculous.

Xion385

chur

You do not need to hit them with the super for them to be effected by it, meaning you don't even need to see the titan to tether them.

Usually, I shoot a tether at a doorway as I am running away from the area the sun breaker is likely headed, and once my Keen Scout perk proc's, telling me that someone is caught in my trap, I go and finish them off.

This is the best way to stop a sun breaker that I have found. Being within any sight line of them is almost always death.

Use retreating tactics.
Yeah this is true. Too many people don't wait until my super is taken away. I have time to throw one more hammer before the tether takes effect and I usually do get the kill.

todd360

Yeah, I don't farm too much anymore for gear. I raid for fun with fun folks and to help people.

I was thinking I could get into Crucible for fun, but tbqh I find Crucible to be...stale and boring? I dunno.

But yeah, I'm 307 with optimal gear and I find the hunt to the top fun and I don't think there's nothing wrong with that. We're the 1% of the 1% apparently haha so I couldn't care less. I'm obsessive and I admit it and enjoy my time raiding with you folks. The way I see it, I get my light level from playing Destiny with my friends.

You don't find running away from titans to be a adrenaline pumping experience? Its like a horror game now! Monokuma no!!!!

Dante316

When I was playing earlier..I was getting more kills from the chaprone then my primary...I need to find a legendary primary...me thinks.

Afrocious

Also, talking to a friend about Destiny, I'm beginning to realize I don't have any gun I like using.

I don't get it, but damn. I now know what people were talking about when they were explaining how they have a hard time finding guns they enjoy.

Also, talking to a friend about Destiny, I'm beginning to realize I don't have any gun I like using.

I don't get it, but damn. I now know what people were talking about when they were explaining how they have a hard time finding guns they enjoy.

Fatebringer and TLW were so beautiful.

So when does this Smart Loot start to kick in? .

There's no such thing. Literally the only part of the game with actual "smart loot" is ships and shaders from faction rewards packages. Crota's End had "less dumb loot" and VoG had "repeatedly dropped on its head as a baby loot." KF loot tables don't care what item you got last week or last encounter this week, and they sure as hell don't care what Light level it was.

From 3 raids today I made exactly 0 Light level progression across all my characters. After 14 full raids I've received 0 helmets and exactly one drop at 310 Light: the garbage fusion rifle. Feels bad.

The system in Crota's End was very reasonable and about as good as we could hope to expect. The weapon distribution was bad which lead to some unlucky #ForeverNoHammer members, plus it forced you to run NM Scrota before HM each week. But the armor was great since they divided it up well between the encounters, i.e. you wouldn't go very long without gauntlets since they were the only Abyss armor drop.

KF threw that out the window and crammed most of the armor drops into the Golgi encounter. Technically the class items are armor and they drop from Daughters. Oryx supposedly gives helmets but the drop rate is so low even Luke told us not to hold our breath. The "20 mouldering shard drop" is so diluted with every raid weapon and armor plus all the exotic weapons and armor that odds are razor thin you'll get the one piece you're missing. Then you'll need to hit the jackpot again with a high Light level when most drops skew 300-305.

Basically it's a mess. The saving grace is that the new Light system is much more forgiving of under-leveling than Year 1 Destiny. The catch is we still don't know anything about Hard mode, fingers crossed that being 308 to 310 Light will be about the same.

I'm perplexed that they take away shot package, yet the conspiracy theory D exists. That thing is equal in range, god damn bungie, why you put the same damn archetype in the game if you want to remove it so bad?

Frostburn

There's no such thing. Literally the only part of the game with actual "smart loot" is ships and shaders from faction rewards packages. Crota's End had "less dumb loot" and VoG had "repeatedly dropped on its head as a baby loot." KF loot tables don't care what item you got last week or last encounter this week, and they sure as hell don't care what Light level it was.

From 3 raids today I made exactly 0 Light level progression across all my characters. After 14 full raids I've received 0 helmets and exactly one drop at 310 Light: the garbage fusion rifle. Feels bad.

The system in Crota's End was very reasonable and about as good as we could hope to expect. The weapon distribution was bad which lead to some unlucky #ForeverNoHammer members, plus it forced you to run NM Scrota before HM each week. But the armor was great since they divided it up well between the encounters, i.e. you wouldn't go very long without gauntlets since they were the only Abyss armor drop.

KF threw that out the window and crammed most of the armor drops into the Golgi encounter. Technically the class items are armor and they drop from Daughters. Oryx supposedly gives helmets but the drop rate is so low even Luke told us not to hold our breath. The "20 mouldering shard drop" is so diluted with every raid weapon and armor plus all the exotic weapons and armor that odds are razor thin you'll get the one piece you're missing. Then you'll need to hit the jackpot again with a high Light level when most drops skew 300-305.

Basically it's a mess. The saving grace is that the new Light system is much more forgiving of under-leveling than Year 1 Destiny. The catch is we still don't know anything about Hard mode, fingers crossed that being 308 to 310 Light will be about the same.

Heck I can't get above 307 on my main and I've done the raid each week. Today on my Warlock the only drop I got from the entire raid was boots from Golg and they were 303 (Lower then my current boots). Between that and the Black Spindle nerf (Which I infused a 300 to 308 light using 310 exotic drops or raid weapons) which changed my weapon to 288 or something I actually went DOWN in progress towards 308 this week.

The random light level is what makes KF loot so disappointing. People were able to get to max level within 2/3 weeks of TDB and HoW, and that was without infusion (although there was etheric light in HoW). Clearly, the idea here is that we're not supposed to get to max so quickly.

GutZ31

I'm perplexed that they take away shot package, yet the conspiracy theory D exists. That thing is equal in range, god damn bungie, why you put the same damn archetype in the game if you want to remove it so bad?

This really is something that bugs me.
Shot package is gone, but for some reason, this shotgun performs just as good as a felwinter's lie with it.

The stats don't even reflect the range it really has, I just don't understand.

Yeah, for the Crota raid I could get a good different amount of loot. Now I just get Gauntlets.

Getting 300 Gauntlets while wearing 300 Gauntlets ;_;

I got 303 gauntlets today with increased SIDEARM RELOAD SPEED. Sidearms. Side. Arms. That'll go well with the "faster reloads in an Aura" perk. Can't wait to stagger Oryx with my Havoc Pigeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom