• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baliis

I'm talking bout when my team is miles behind and struggling to even hold one point, just like in the picture I posted. Teammates were spawning and simply running to B and dying over and over again, it's mind blowing how shit people are at this.

To be fair at least, most of the B points are a bitch to capture like I said. If you're outgunned heavily, you're simply never going to do it. Can't try to push to A/C either since you'll just flip the spawns and immediately lose the other. Noobs flipping the spawns is probably a bigger pain to me in a close match anyways since I can at least understand why the match turns into a shitfest when the game is one sided.

Shito

Sunbreakers aren't invincible, but it's pretty crazy that if you get one to a sliver, but he gets the kill, his overshield is right back. I'm fine with the duration of the super, and the amount of hammers they get, but the overshield refresh on kills is what gets me.

It's going to be annoying in trials going up against teams of sunbreakers and needing to really play defensively and hold on to your supers to combat that shit.

Also, nightstalker super isn't reliably fast enough to shut them down before they kill you/those around you. Golden gun it is I guess. Got to rethink my trials build, which sucks because I was really looking forward to shade stepping around.
What sucks even more is that shadestep is an awesome counter to the sunbreaker's super: managed to dodge 3 or 4 hammers yesterday on my sole IB match by using it.

Tovarisc

Now you know how Titans felt in Year 1 dealing with blink shotgun Voidwalkers/Bladedancers and Golden Guns popping their bubbles.

I'm sure you'll get your revenge in Year 3

I main warlock, always preferred glide over blink and I dealt with blink shotguns just fine. Not having blink doesn't mean you can't counterplay that stuff. Bubble popping with GG's and Nova's did balance bubble tho, you couldn't e.g. cap point camp so easily with it.

Not sure how these two things are equal to the fact that sunbreaker is borderline godmode that doesn't give flying fuck about getting shots to head, throws nuclear warheads and gets all HP back from single kill.

Edit:
I'd rather face a sunbreaker than a stormcalling warlock. Almost impossible to avoid the stupid lightning and they don't even have to aim really. At least I can LOS a titan.

I play as stormcaller now. You need have good timing on its use to get kills with it. Range isn't that great and you take full damage from enemy fire. Get close and pull trigger? Yeah, it devastates.

Thanks to both of you guys for coming along. Definitely one of my smoothest yet. Best parts were Hudson refusing to let me shoot the bosses. :p

I really have to figure out how to not die if I have the aura thing at the warpriest. Both time I had it I was dead within 3 seconds.

Twas a great run though. You were so close to flawless.

Kyne

It's these new maps man.

Almost all of them have a 360 field of vision where you can get shot at B.

With the old maps there were strategic choke points. This allowed a not-so-good-at-killing-team to get the upper hand by playing smart.

Now you -need- to be able to out-gun the enemy or else you'll immediately lose B, and then fall behind on points.

I'm glad that I have friends that I play IB with. I can't imagine running solo. We always have like 3~ spots on the train so I'll def post up later for anyone who is needing a team.

Lee

What sucks even more is that shadestep is an awesome counter to the sunbreaker's super: managed to dodge 3 or 4 hammers yesterday on my sole IB match by using it.

I know! I love that shit. I really enjoy playing nightstalker all around (aside from the non-lethal grenades). I had a perfect tether on black shield on the outside heavy ammo, managed five kills on my own. It was so fun.

But, I want to win in trials, and I don't know if nightstalker is the best way to accomplish that.

We'll see this weekend.

Baliis

It's these new maps man.

Almost all of them have a 360 field of vision where you can get shot at B.

With the old maps there were strategic choke points. This allowed a not-so-good-at-killing-team to get the upper hand by playing smart.

Now you -need- to be able to out-gun the enemy or else you'll immediately lose B, and then fall behind on points.

I'm glad that I have friends that I play IB with. I can't imagine running solo. We always have like 3~ spots on the train so I'll def post up later for anyone who is needing a team.

All of the old maps have a pretty open B as well, just look at stuff like Cauldrin/Anomaly, burning shrine was pretty open from the outside, shores of time was horribly lopsided.

I think I might have found the gun that works for me in Crucible: Boolean Gemini.

Stable, hits hard, and has decent rate of fire.

It's the closest I've felt to the MIDA so far in year two.

Luke or Bungie:

What ever happened to the promise of something special for those that had all of the prior content and still purchased TTK collectors edition?

My idea: give us a choice to pick our own 310 exotic.

I want a Telesto, please :)

ZServ

Sooo.. I was told that if I played during year 1, I should have gotten some sort of shader or something?

Cuz if so, I never got that.

Kyne

All of the old maps have a pretty open B as well, just look at stuff like Cauldrin/Anomaly, burning shrine was pretty open from the outside, shores of time was horribly lopsided.

Cauldron = You have doorways you know they need to come through
Anomaly = You had 3 directions but they were all in plain sight, the last one down the ramp you could keep track of via radar
Burning Shrine = you had that giant pillar in the center and the two huge walls in the direction of outside to narrow the field of vision in front of you. You also had the rotating hazards on the left/right giving you time to recoup.
Shores of time = 3 points, 1 of them was a risk because it forced you to jump out onto a platform. Realistically you only ever had to check in the direction of the A flag and the outside area near Heavy.

Yes, the old maps you usually could get attacked from any side.. but that's the thing, you had SIDES to choose from. North East South West. Now you have 360' field that you can't keep up with. By the time you realize the direction you're being shot from you're dead.

Deku Tree

Luke or Bungie:

What ever happened to the promise of something special for those that had all of the prior content and still purchased TTK collectors edition?

My idea: give us a choice to pick our own 310 exotic.

I want a Telesto, please :)

You got a pack of emotes from the postmaster yesterday if you bought the digital CE before e3, including three legendary five dollar emotes one of which is not for sale yet.

If you bought it afterwards then you had been warned.

I'm sharding based upon perks first, power second. I think in gonna have to shard some year 1 raid weapons too.
We (my raid buddies and I) decided last night that raid weapons were eligible for sharding.

They will never allowing ascending again, and if they do ever decide that VoC or Fatebringer has a place in the endgame again, we will probably have to get them all over again.

Unless you use them for regular Crucible, only nostalgia stands in your way.

Tovarisc

This. I remember getting Blade Danced out of my Fist of Havoc, even though I popped it first. Payback's a motherfucker.

As someone who mains warlock it's far from funny that Y1 was about getting fucked over by Bladedancers [that are somewhat counterable without super] and now Y2 looks like year where warlocks get fucked over by Sunbreakers [next to uncounterable atm].

Am I only one who wants PvP to feel balanced and fun where you don't feel like you have to use class X and weapon Y to have any fun?

Warpriest hates me. Around 8 clears of WP and still zero heavy weapon drops.

Also for some reason I can't get any blue heavy weapons drops over 296. The game refuses to give me any.

As someone who mains warlock it's far from funny that Y1 was about getting fucked over by Bladedancers [that are somewhat counterable without super] and now Y2 looks like year where warlocks get fucked over by Sunbreakers [next to uncounterable atm].

Am I only one who wants PvP to feel balanced and fun where you don't feel like you have to use class X and weapon Y to have any fun?

I hit a Sunbreaker last night with two shotguns blasts. He hit me with his hammer and ran away with his health regenerating. It was not fun.

I will be leveling up my Titan next week.

ZServ

Did you reach level 30 with any character or own the first two expansions?

Didn't own the expansions. Completed VoG, so probably around 29-30 on 3 characters. However, a buddy of mine who was only 28 on his character (we raided together) and didn't own the expansions got an all black shader, said that was the source.

Regardless, I completed end-game content during year 1, beat VoG first week it was out. Guess I'm not getting it.

Also, why are not all emblems in the emblem kiosk? There's a green one Eva sold during year 1, a circle inside a hexagon, white on black, can't remember the name, but it's not in the kiosk.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Gaming-side Destiny threads are so painful. People who aren't even playing the game come in just to say dumb shit.

stb

3. Players were able to min/max MoL leveling, and dismantling by collecting a stock pile of MoL, blue weapons and armor, and methodically and tediously swapping in and out gear to level them with MoL to return back some MoL and weapon parts. This is my guess for the nerf. That one god damn Reddit post where a player did this. Half of the responses were, "that seems like a waste of time...but more power to you." Who did this harm? If you want to spend hours of your time in Destiny to farm MoL to increase vendor rank, then have at it. That was a legitimate grind. It was by no means some easy exploit like the loot cave or a chest farm glitch. It is no different than players who spent hours on end running the Valuable Target patrols in Y1 to farm rep.

This could relate to what I was saying about the live team being out of touch with the endgame. They're clearly not actually engaged with endgame/1%er stuff, so maybe they read the /r/DestinyTheGame as Cliff's Notes?

Since they're missing actual perspective, they can't see why stuff like this really a problem for 99% of players. Same with people having hundreds of strange coins. If even 10% of players have ever hit 3 digits for stange coins, I'll eat my hat.

But how?? Im waking the hive and getting 7 headshots in a row seems impossible with these moving thralls.

And do i have to get 7 precision sprees on crucicble with this awful handcannon? If so, rip.
You need 7 headshot kills with the shitty hand cannon in a single game. Oh and good luck getting in a match that's not half way over.

rNilla

Didn't own the expansions. Completed VoG, so probably around 29-30 on 3 characters. However, a buddy of mine who was only 28 on his character (we raided together) and didn't own the expansions got an all black shader, said that was the source.

Regardless, I completed end-game content during year 1, beat VoG first week it was out. Guess I'm not getting it.

Also, why are not all emblems in the emblem kiosk? There's a green one Eva sold during year 1, a circle inside a hexagon, white on black, can't remember the name, but it's not in the kiosk.

Well if you've fulfilled the criteria (which includes owning TTK) there should be a Veteran's Tour quest from Zavala that will give you the VIP rewards (black shader, sparrow, etc.). Though I believe that shader should also just show up in your Shader Collection if you're eligible.

Yes! One of my teammates hit me and I was like, "Well that's rude..." then I saw your name pop up!

That HC quest...I got it that round. WOOF. I am no bueno with them + that's a VERY tough gun to use. It requires a skilled hand.

Ha! I barely missed it that round, and I said screw it. I'll need a kind soul to jump into rumble with me so I can get some easy kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom