• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hmm, rank 3 it is.

I don't normally ever do iron banner, but dat cloak tho

You can probably get rank 3 in one sitting. I'm already just about rank 3 after just last night. And I've seen the cloak drop as a end of match reward for people before that.

R0ckman

tumblr_m9w2ihlf5b1qiceiuo1_500.gif

Once you have all the class specific exotic weapons (that we know about, at rank 3), is there any reason to keep ranking up your gunsmith rep on your alts if your main is 5+ for the first curse? Anyone know?

Guaranteed Legendary Weapon on rank up? Faction packages, at least mine, seem to be heavily weighted toward armor.

noomi

You can probably get rank 3 in one sitting. I'm already just about rank 3 after just last night. And I've seen the cloak drop as a end of match reward for people before that.

Sweet, I'll try and get that done in the nest few days. Thanks :)

LkPr

In the raid if on my first Oryx kill this week I did not have enough shards can I kill him again and get the 'extra' drop from the shards (on the same char) when I have enough?

X-Frame

A friend is playing some IB while streaming himself.
I've just told him to switch from striker to sunbreaker...
... I kinda feel bad about it, now, I'm not helping! :D

The Striker still probably has the strongest Neutral Game (meaning overall effectiveness when not in Super) due to Lightning/Flashbang grenades and Shoulder Charge, but the issue now is that while Shoulder Charge does grant a lot of mobility options that the Sunbreaker and Defender don't have (via skating, changing directions), Shoulder Charge as a killing option is less effective now that there are more powerful roaming supers this year compared to last.

And, Strikers don't yet have Peregrine Greaves to help one-shot anybody with the airborne Shoulder Charge that I had last year (worked great on Sunsingers and Bladedancers in super).

Now, Sunbreaker with Hammer of Sol is just so powerful that even if the class mostly revolves around Hammer of Sol you can get it 3 sometimes 4 times a game with a good team and lots of orbs and that is almost guaranteed 3-5 kills each activation, compared to maybe 1-2 with Fist of Havoc.

It really does feel like if you're going Striker now you're intentionally gimping yourself. And it's not like Sunbreaker has a weak neutral game either -- the Incendiary grenades were buffed and the Sunstrike melee can 1 shot people at full health with the DoT if you take Thernal Vent -- or use Stoke the Forge to get super fast melee cooldowns even with Tier 0 in Strength, and how both those synergize with Cauterize too.

Kyne

it's fine. Luke has already cleared everything up.

Hit Rank 2 and got the titan mark in IB yesterday... my back is a little sore from the train with an average of 25% points per game.

I'm guessing you don't start getting armor drops until you're rank 3. It would be nice if someone could confirm.

hiryu

Hit Rank 2 and got the titan mark in IB yesterday... my back is a little sore from the train with an average of 25% points per game.

I'm guessing you don't start getting armor drops until you're rank 3. It would be nice if someone could confirm.

You can get items whenever you reach the rank where you can buy that type of item.

phen0m24

Funny though he says pm him when Zoba stops talking about TLW for a month. Hehe you're getting to him, TG

rNilla

Lies! There's a conspiracy afoot! Foul I say! Foul!

-Does 1 quick gunsmith weapon to get rank 3 hunter gunsmith finally!
-Grabs Ace of Spades quest.
-Needs to get HC kills with Primary Telemetry.
-Goes to buy said telemetry.
-
CRSLZGOUsAAg4ql.jpg:orig

-Turns off ps4 to go to work

Well, that was anticlimactic.

noomi

Damn. I only got 2 shards from killing him last night too :(

I guess those shards are important to have...

Meh, it's hit or miss really.

I've had 20 shards, killed oryx and only received 2 shards back. Killing him consumed 20 anyway.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

BahamutPT

-

Check if you have a class item with "Faster HC upgrade rate". It counts as telemetry.

Tovarisc

-

Ouch :/

I'm currently sitting on ~1.5k parts, but I constantly bleed them more than gain. I guess I just need stop trying out different weapons and combinations, and just stick with one known to be good setup of guns for PvE and PvP.

Is it just me or is the sunbreaker during his super phase extra squishy now?

I shot quite a few down with relative ease yesterday.

Am I the only one here who's actually feeling like red death is OP? It's a primary meta pulse rifle that gives health regen on kills. There's no other exotic that comes close to that--and you're really behind the eight ball in all kinds of ways when facing one.

Ran into so many red deaths last night that I'd flank, get close to one shot and see their health mysteriously return and I just roll my eyes.

sajj316

Are there no arc primaries (I don't care if they're mediocre) in TTK? Outside of one exotic, I can't think of anything good outside of rares.

Why is the Agonarch Rune still broken??

R0ckman

Thanks, just so that too....

Once I got the class item from a drop in IB I started wondering if it's worth hitting rank 5, not sure if the PR is worth it.
I was rank 2 with the class item drop.

Homeboyd

Are there no arc primaries (I don't care if they're mediocre) in TTK? Outside of one exotic, I can't think of anything good outside of rares.

There are no elemental primaries outside of that one exotic right now at all, not just arc. Rare primaries definitely don't have a burn.

No Time to Explain will also be arc, whenever they release the timegate on it. None of the datamined weapons from hard mode Oryx or flawless Trials show elemental.

Check if you have a class item with "Faster HC upgrade rate". It counts as telemetry.

Whoa nice! I'll check, thanks!

Ouch :/

I'm currently sitting on ~1.5k parts, but I constantly bleed them more than gain. I guess I just need stop trying out different weapons and combinations, and just stick with one known to be good setup of guns for PvE and PvP.

Geez you're set hahaha. I probably had a good 700 or so on my Warlock that got deleted back in July (RIP). But I'm sure I would have used that all with rerolling back in the day haha. When I used to farm gatekeepers for glimmer just to buy and dismantle weapons from Bro Vance. Oh the days.

darknil

I'm also having weapon parts shortage. Infusing and upgrading is keeping me from having no more than 20 parts at a time. Any suggestions on weapon parts (and glimmer) farming?

So far I've been using a Ghost that gives me glimmer against Hive and going to do CoO, any other recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom