• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: PS4K / Neo spec leak is genuine, dev kits on their way to devs

ReBurn

Gold Member
Personally I'll see if they have any potential trade in for people that want NEO. If not or if it isn't worthwhile. I have no issues plopping down another $400 for the system. I do adore my Vader LE.

Sony won't offer a trade in program. No incentive. Your local game store probably will though.

We're really happy with our PCs being overclocked Sony, Thanks for asking your user-base!

I'll just wait to see if Nintendo NX is a next gen experience -_-

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
We're really happy with our PCs being overclocked Sony, Thanks for asking your user-base!

I'll just wait to see if Nintendo NX is a next gen experience -_-

Nobody needs to ask you if they can make a stronger unit. Your unit isn't going anywhere and is not being threatened until proven otherwise.

I´m just gonna say...20 years ago Original PSX became a breaking succes,specially for taking advantage of it´s rivals foolishness and arrogance. May be Nintendo put the tables turned with NX and take advantage of this....A great part of Sony userbase used to be composed of angry or dissapointed Nintendo and Sega users...Maybe the NX userbase would feed of part of those 40 M userbase that wanna send Sony to hell. If this PS4 Neo is true, i hope NX will be the ultimate console of the 8th gen.

Boke1879

I´m just gonna say...20 years ago Original PSX became a breaking succes,specially for taking advantage of it´s rivals foolishness and arrogance. May be Nintendo put the tables turned with NX and take advantage of this....A great part of Sony userbase used to be composed of angry or dissapointed Nintendo and Sega users...Maybe the NX userbase would feed of part of those 40 M userbase that wanna send Sony to hell. If this PS4 Neo is true, i hope NX will be the ultimate console of the 8th gen.

Really dude. Really? This just seems like fanboy wishes lol.

Clockwork5

I rather have a console with moderate power, but with a great lineup of software that take it beyond it´s tech limits and with a wide lifespan, than a more powerful console, with most of its games poorly optimized to take real advantages of its capabilities and a shorter life cycle. Think about it, if they still do not take full advantage of OG PS4 hardware (or tell me how many games look at the level of The Order or Driveclub right now?), what makes you think that they are taking full advantage of NEO?
I would rather have poorly optimized games for a Neo than poorly optimized games for baseline PS4.

Well it seems that it's HanzSnubSnub vs. GAF right now, so...

rmdSx.gif

Enjoy your PS4K's.

No....the advantages cant apply to online modes from the documents

Hmm, so the devs would gimp the multiplayer framerate/res to keep it competitive with the previous consoles? That seems terrible if true. Only being able to take advantage of the new hardware for singleplayer is ridiculous to me.

Raylan

Banned

c77930b91c84b5d9b2f1f3dd5b92e24a.gif

Go_Ly_Dow

When Neo is revealed, so will the true nature of GAF show its face.

I believe this is how the website will look during E3 2016.

JcG1dE.gif

We won't need new servers anymore, the mass meltdown will absorb all of our posts to form the Matrix, NeoGAF's new reality. We will no longer be tied down by servers. The meltdown will end all console wars and cause a purging of hardware. The true Master Race.

Ray Down

Banned

hqnZ0PF.png

It would be great for this to be a huge ploy to throw a curve at Microsoft, and have Sony turn around and up the specs well beyond. I can only hope for the ultimate troll. I won't even be coy about it. I'm a hardcore Sony fan.

Clockwork5

The hardware manufacurer that killed the Wii U a few years after it released for a new console? The hardware manufacturer that released the New Nintendo 3ds? The DS lite? The Expansion pack? The Gameboy Color?

vin-buc

You should take a break from this thread.

Hmm, so the devs would gimp the multiplayer framerate/res to keep it competitive with the previous consoles? That seems terrible if true. Only being able to take advantage of the new hardware for singleplayer is ridiculous to me.

It's not true from what I've read. They don't consider graphical upgrades to be extra features.

It would be great for this to be a huge ploy to throw a curve at Microsoft, and have Sony turn around and up the specs well beyond. I can only hope for the ultimate troll. I won't even be coy about it. I'm a hardcore Sony fan.

I don't think those are the final specs.

Still waiting on the Sony confirm but at least I know this. If my PS4 does happen to die in the coming future, at LEAST my next purchase will be an upgrade....that is, if i haven't upgraded my PC.

You should take a break from this thread.

I won´t. As a PS4 costumer i feel cheated and offended. As a console gamer i feel shocked by how much people here have positive reaction with this...I mean, PC exists for that kind of stuff...But the thing that bothers me the most is that the people that is OK and "day 1 purchase level excited" with this making fun of the ones that are not agree. If you feel offendend by my post feel free to complain with the admin and ask them for ban me or whatever the fuck...The only thing that you all cannot deny is that the userbase of PS4 is going to split. You know there is a real world outside of this forums...And most part of the PS4 userbase is part of that world...and no body here knows if all they are taking with enthusiasm the fact that the so called next gen system they bought are not gonna be THAT next gen, as Sony promised for our money.

Ishida

Banned

Nintendo will NOT absorb any other fanbase.

You seriously don't know what's up with Nintendo since the N64 era. If you truly believe the NX will become the primary console of the hardcore gamer, you need to wake up.

Nintendo will never have another SNES in their hands.

Schnauzer

Am I reading this right? The PS4K won't have a Blu-ray drive capable of supporting 4K Blu-ray content?

If that's the case, I'm out.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Am I reading this right? The PS4K won't have a Blu-ray drive capable of supporting 4K Blu-ray content?

If that's the case, I'm out.
The dev kits don't because devs don't need access to them since the standard PS4 doesn't support them. The retail model almost definitely will.

I won´t. As a PS4 costumer i feel cheated and offended. As a console gamer i feel shocked by how much people have positive reaction with this...I mean, PC exists for that kind of stuff...But the thing that bothers me the most is that the people that is OK and "day 1 purchase level excited" with this making fun of the ones that are not agree. If you feel offendend by my post feel free to complain with the admin and ask them for ban me or whatever the fuck...The only thing that you all cannot deny is that the userbase of PS4 is going to split. You know there is a real world outside of this forums...And most part of the PS4 userbase is part of that world...and no body here knows if all they are taking with enthusiasm the fact they so called next gen system are not gonna be THAT next gen, as Sony promised for our money.

Dear Xaeroxcore,

These are video games, not important life decisions. Look at what you have and look at what others don't. You are overreacting to something that doesn't affect a bone and fiber in your body. I disagree, but I don't want you to be banned because having this much emotional impact for a system that just provides entertainment but isn't the cure to cancer is weird. Please, take a walk outside.

Sincerely,

Aya

Audioboxer

I won´t. As a PS4 costumer i feel cheated and offended. As a console gamer i feel shocked by how much people here have positive reaction with this...I mean, PC exists for that kind of stuff...But the thing that bothers me the most is that the people that is OK and "day 1 purchase level excited" with this making fun of the ones that are not agree. If you feel offendend by my post feel free to complain with the admin and ask them for ban me or whatever the fuck...The only thing that you all cannot deny is that the userbase of PS4 is going to split. You know there is a real world outside of this forums...And most part of the PS4 userbase is part of that world...and no body here knows if all they are taking with enthusiasm the fact that the so called next gen system they bought are not gonna be THAT next gen, as Sony promised for our money.

Game changer. I've been doing life wrong.

Bsigg12

I wish popcorn.gifs were still allowed...

Top Bottom