• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 7 and 8 for 3DS show up on Amazon [Update: Confirmed]

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Finally. Now I can complete all mainline non-MMO DQ games.

Wilsongt

yaaaas.gif

Best gif in this situation.

Boogiepop

Seriously super happy about this! Was really close to importing, like would've done so already if I had the time to commit to tackle these. So glad to see we're getting them!

Mr Rivuz

I've always hoped for this 2 games to be released here, this direct was awesome.
I'm gonna spend all 2016 playing jrpgs on 3ds.

yami4ct

Amazing news. Preordered VII since I've never played it and I want to support more DQ in the west. Might get VIII at some point, but I'm not sure if I'll have time for another JRPG next year given the glut of them we're getting.

LordofPwn

I'm not sure you would enjoy it on a sony device either my friend, you clearly have bad eyes to not see "for 3DS" before you opened the thread

I got disappointed mid sentence. Felt like entering to express said dissapointment
TL;DR - my eyes are fine buddy.

-stares at the save file he just started for a replay of DQ7 like a week ago-

Welp, if I keep going now I can finish in time to replay it again on 3DS.

M-PG71C

All I have to say: You motherfuckers better buy these games. Damn. I will throw any kind of money at the chance to get DQXI (And maybe one day when I'm dead and gone, DQ X)

My pre-orders are down. Are yours?

Bladenic

Dunno if I'm in for DQ8 considering how many hours long it is and I've played it, but so in for DQ7! I should try and play 1-3 by then too.

NolbertoS

There is a god and his name is Yuji Horii. Thank you For finally making my dreams ome true. I will buy 3 copies per game to help sales out West, wow can't believe its finally happening.

Shouta

Despite some inconsistencies and a load of typos, the psx translation of Dragon Quest VII was really charming and downright funny at times. Like when you first encounter slimes and Maribel says "Their rythmic jiggling is making me quesy." Plus every time you advanced in the story, everybody got new lines. The script for that game must have been enormous. Probably my favorite DQ

I've seen the binders with the physical scripts for DQ7. It was massive.

God has to be real now, right? This is a divine happening.

No other possibility.

God is rea... *thinks about DQ7* Hmm.

yami4ct

Have they said who's publishing this yet. Is SE finally ready to push DQ again or is this a Bravely Default scenario and Nintendo is saving the day?

This gives me way more hope we'll see the 3DS version of DQ XI as well as the PS4 one. I'll likely go PS4 regardless, but I'd like the option.

Unison

I'm so glad that this is happening!

I've played and beaten both 7 & 8, but I'm excited about the 7 remake.

8's just a port, right? Any improvements or additions?

Literally just got into the series this year after listening to the Retronauts episode on the series. Fell in love immediately. I got the PS4 release of the musou game and love it.

I literally shouted out loud at my wife when I heard this news.

Raw64life

hnnng, DQ7! Preordered this at the speed of light.
All my prayers and nagging in those CN surveys finally come to fruition.... so happy ;_;

Excited to see all the changes from the PS1 version for myself.

Forgot about those too. I answered every survey question that was fill in on every Club Nintendo game I ever registered with "PLEASE BRING DRAGON QUEST VII ON 3DS TO AMERICA". Who knows, maybe it helped.

hirokazu

Best news to come out of out the Direct. Unless it wasn't mentioned in the Direct, in that case, worst Direct.

Who even cares about Cloud in Smash Bros. when we have DQVII/VIII announcement! :0

Top Bottom