• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE: Sony’s VR tech will be revealed at GDC

yurinka

m_5328dc40ade07_s.jpg

Let them dream YOSP!!!
Shumue III confirmed!

Where's the Engadget live blog? Seems it was a lie to get clicks

KORNdoggy

Was going to go to bed, but i've decided to stay up. Are we finally going to see what the "third place" really is from the PS2 ads?

Codeblew

Not trying to be a dick but explain to me why anyone one should be hype for sony VR. Oculus and valve have pretty much said you need a 2k "1k for each eye" OLED at around 90hz for persistence. I just cant see a PS4 pulling that off and i dont want to see VR hype take a hit cause of it. I hope im wrong and sony can be to Oculus what nvidia and ATI have been.

You do realize that devs can hit just about any framerate that they aim for don't you? Nothing besides 60hz TV's is preventing PS4 games from going over 60 FPS if the devs choose to prioritize FPS.

meanspartan

That's... that's it? I mean nothing new here besides saying yes it's coming! Hope we get something in this conference.

I think this reporter/blogger got confirmation from his sources that VR is happening and wrote up a generic detail-free article which he could immediately publish once it was announced and people heard and Googled for news on it.

He just accidentally pulled the trigger a bit early it seems.

Nzyme32

Did Forbes leak confirmation early?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/03/18/sony-announces-virtual-reality-headset-for-ps4/

It got taken down; here's a screencap. Sorry if this was posted... this thread got huge!

7AB0a.png

I'm sorry but you have to be a bit of an idiot to believe this. Just read it. How on earth can you not see how pointless that forbes post was. It's from a "contributor" and contains no information, as well kicking off with "The VR wars are just getting started". It's like a 12 year old wrote it. Woefully pathetic. Wait for the real deal

HonMirin

Andrew House is there too? Man, something big is going to be announced. If by some impossibility VR isn't revealed, what else could it be?

Must... Stay... Awake...

viveks86

I have a feeling that it will be 3-4 letters and one syllable. Don't ask why. Just a feeling based on all the recent names they have come up with.

ICPEE

Oh man. Its 2:10am here in Cape Town, South Africa and im wide awake driven by hype. Who needs coffee at this time of the night. Gaf i love you

xn0

I'm sorry but you have to be a bit of an idiot to believe this. Just read it. How on earth can you not see how pointless that forbes post was. It's from a "contributor" and contains no information, as well kicking off with "The VR wars are just getting started". It's like a 12 year old wrote it. Woefully pathetic. Wait for the real deal

You're right he's just a lowly contributor...

brb going to go post my latest blog to Forbes.com

Top Bottom