• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE: Sony’s VR tech will be revealed at GDC

viveks86

If attendees are allowed to take pictures, nothing stops them from taking a video and leaking it, right? Methinks we'll get some ass quality footage this evening

I demand a VR Troopers gif with Kaz, Shu, Cerny and the Move guys! xD

VR-Troopers-criticsight-imagen-3.jpg

I remember watching that back in the 90s.

"WE ARE,

VR,

TROOPERS!!"

Worse than Power Rangers.

Edit:

They just came by to tell us we can't record video but we are allowed to take still photos...

A video is merely a succession of still photos...

scraz

Not trying to be a dick but explain to me why anyone one should be hype for sony VR. Oculus and valve have pretty much said you need a 2k "1k for each eye" OLED at around 90hz for persistence. I just cant see a PS4 pulling that off and i dont want to see VR hype take a hit cause of it. I hope im wrong and sony can be to Oculus what nvidia and ATI have been.

It's good that photos will happen. They're recording it themselves so I'm not surprised that they don't want video. But pics at least mean we can get some timely looks at it, as I imagine their pre-recorded video will take a couple days to get posted, at least.

If they're recording it I don't see why they couldn't do a stream. Maybe that g4 disaster of a show scared everyone from doing live stuff again :p

vivftp

If attendees are allowed to take pictures, nothing stops them from taking a video and leaking it, right? Methinks we'll get some ass quality footage this evening

Wonder if anyone has a buttoncam or something. Maybe glasses with a hidden camera in them? :)

Journalists need to invest in this type of hardware ASAP for cases like this.

DieH@rd

Banned
1x 1080p screen
very low latency display lag and tracking lag
cheap lenses that give large FOV
tracking via PS4 camera and internal sensors
PSMove fully supported

Nothing fancy, easily achieving great VR immersion in a small form factor for a low price.

Wildcards:
- 60-72-80Hz refresh
- wireless
- PC support

Surfaced

Neo Member
Time to change the title of this thread?

We're down to the final hour, this thread is basically a liveblog reaction thread now.

Dragon

Banned
Not trying to be a dick but explain to me why anyone one should be hype for sony VR. Oculus and valve have pretty much said you need a 2k "1k for each eye" OLED at around 90hz for persistence. I just cant see a PS4 pulling that off and i dont want to see VR hype take a hit cause of it. I hope im wrong and sony can be to Oculus what nvidia and ATI have been.

image.php

vivftp

People who have supposedly tested it out claim it is actually quite good and miles ahead of the original dev kit Rift units.

That alone should is enough to sustain hype until official info comes to fill in the blanks.

vooglie

This has been discussed to death in this topic man...

TriGen

If they're recording it I don't see why they couldn't do a stream. Maybe that g4 disaster of a show scared everyone from doing live stuff again :p

I think they do just want control in case there are hiccups. This also isn't something that's easily shown -- it's more of a 'feel' thing -- so maybe they'll do some editing to properly show/explain things, instead of a straight conference recap.

Nzyme32

still based on the forbes thing

oh please. How on earth can you not see how pointless that forbes post was. It's from a "contributor" and contains no information, as well kicking off with "The VR wars are just getting started". It's like a 12 year old wrote it. Woefully pathetic. Wait for the real deal

KAL2006

Banned

This

I don't understand how it would be possible, and it would be lame if we only get low graphics games on it only. I think the only way they can have VR, if it comes with a add on proccesor that renders games in a higher resolution and framerate, but I don't think that is technically possible and it would be expensive. If they did do something like that I'd pay £400 for it.

S¡mon;104894595 said:
They are quite positive about it. Talking about how it would be a positive thing, because if a big player like Sony joins the party, more developers will probably get excited about VR (which is positive for Oculus as well).

He even says that if Sony announces a VR product, that he hopes it will be successful, because they want VR in general to succeed.
I think that at the very least, the two companies have a gentlemen's agreement to stay on their own side of the fence and not shit in each other's yard.

WasMachinator

Neo Member
oh please. How on earth can you not see how pointless that forbes post was. It's from a "contributor" and contains no information, as well kicking off with "The VR wars are just getting started". It's like a 12 year old wrote it. Woefully pathetic. Wait for the real deal

That is what i'm saying.
the guy posted the officialplaystation mag link. which in their own article are just reciting the forbes shit...

Top Bottom