• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE: Sony’s VR tech will be revealed at GDC

Pain

Banned
I just hope they get a good name for it like.
-PSR. Playstation Reality.
-PSVR. Playstation Virtual Reality.
-PR. Playstation Reality.

Domino792

Since they changed the cameras name from eye to camera, i think they might call it the Playstation Eye because it seemed so strange that they changed the cameras name.

ICPEE

Andrew House is there too? Man, something big is going to be announced. If by some impossibility VR isn't revealed, what else could it be?

Must... Stay... Awake...

Dude, i was about to hit the bed and its fuckin almost 2:15am here in South Africa but after i seen that House is at the event, it felt like a shot of pure hype through my veins. I can't go to bed now.

#hypedriven

new page

Quote resource:

Driving the Future of Innovation at Sony Computer Entertainment (Presented by Sony Computer Entertainment America)
Richard Marks | Senior Director, SCEA R&D
Anton Mikhailov | Sr. Software Engineer, SCEA R&D
Shuhei Yoshida | President, SCE Worldwide Studios

Join Sony Computer Entertainment for a presentation on innovation at PlayStation® and the future of gaming.

t1395189900z4.png

Live Blogs:
Sony is video-recording the presentation for later distribution.

Portugeezer

Gold Member

keuja

Definitely VR. What better forum than the GDC to introduce the device to the developers so that they can try it out and the public?

mmitt

I'm sorry but you have to be a bit of an idiot to believe this. Just read it. How on earth can you not see how pointless that forbes post was. It's from a "contributor" and contains no information, as well kicking off with "The VR wars are just getting started". It's like a 12 year old wrote it. Woefully pathetic. Wait for the real deal

is stuff like this really necessary...? :-/

anyway, look up who this """contributor""" is before throwing insults in everyones direction who happen to know that he isn't just some random blogger

also, yes while it doesn't say much. it confirms that it IS a vr device, and we're getting hands on impressions and other stuff tomorrow

not defending his style of writing though, you have a point there

Sony announces the Playstation Move+, a Move controller with a ball on BOTH sides.

Launch titles will be DriveClub: Move Edition, Sports Champions 3 and Tumble 2.

Internet dies a slow death.

ICPEE

I predict some sort of light sensor bar mounted on the VR device to interact with the PS Camera.

Anyways can't wait for the next hour.

#hypedriven

Nzyme32

is stuff like this really necessary...? :-/

anyway, look up who this """contributor""" is before throwing insults in everyones direction who happen to know that he isn't just some random blogger

also, yes while it doesn't say much. it confirms that it IS a vr device, and we're getting hands on impressions and other stuff tomorrow

not defending his style of writing though, you have a point there

Fair enough, but no matter what this person's accolades are, the written quality and content of the post are abysmal. It's meaningless and pointless to attach any value to what is written there as there is nothing there. All that there is the click bait of, "hey it exists, it totally happened, the vr wars is getting started". It's like reading the writing of a child

Top Bottom