• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree No Summon Hardcore Git Gud Club

M1987

Gold Member
How the fuck do you avoid the Rennala part where it bounces you up and down 3 times? I was one hit away from beating it before it did that

digdug2

How the fuck do you avoid the Rennala part where it bounces you up and down 3 times? I was one hit away from beating it before it did that
The part when she has 1/3 health and unleashes the two moons? Just use your shield that has the best magic negation.

M1987

Gold Member
The part when she has 1/3 health and unleashes the two moons? Just use your shield that has the best magic negation.
Yeah.The only time I have ever used a shield was on Pontiff because of his floaty movement,but I might have to if I can't figure out a way to avoid it

Last edited:

digdug2

Yeah.The only time I have ever used a shield was on Pontiff because of his floaty movement,but I might have to if I can't figure out a way to avoid it
Understood. You can time your jumps for each of the three "shockwaves", but the window is pretty damn precise.

BlueAlpaca

Putrescent Knight drove me crazy, I had 200k runes and had to look and run for them again and again. They really need to change this nonsense, nothing git gud about any of this.

I don't have to run around like an idiot and get stomped and chopped to pieces just getting my runes back so I can fight the boss. :messenger_anguished:

Last edited:
Putrescent Knight drove me crazy, I had 200k runes and had to look and run for them again and again. They really need to change this nonsense, nothing git gud about any of this.

I don't have to run around like an idiot and get stomped and chopped to pieces just getting my runes back so I can fight the boss. :messenger_anguished:
Twiggy cracked tear or sacrificial twig. Grab runes. Die. Go spend them.

But really, why would you take that many runes into an obvious boss fight in the 1st place.

Antwix

whats the verdict on camera while fighting divine beast dancing lion? git gud or horse shit?
zero issues with the camera on that boss. but like any fight, if you get pinned against a wall, the camera will get wonky. there's only been 1 boss where the camera was obnoxious

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
whats the verdict on camera while fighting divine beast dancing lion? git gud or horse shit?
The camera fucking sucks, big time.

When that fucking thing is spinning around towards you while spitting shit and you are close to it it's the fucking worse, you just can't see shit and need to manouver based on hopes and dreams.

Plus a lot of times you just lost sight of the player model. It's shit and it sucks, fuck it.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Finally felled the lion. That was 3 hours, holy shit they went so quickly I didn't even notice.

Anyway, cool music, shit camera, and overall a pretty awesome boss fight.

Hope the next one is easier lol.

DragonNCM

comet azur spammers assemble

elden-ring-comet-azur.gif
Damn good times.....but they are gone...bosses in Shadow of Erdtree ( at least major ones) are so aggressive & fast, you don't even have time to fart. Using summon at the door entrance in most cases will kill you, summons need forever to take aggro & when they do, usually they are stomped & the moment they are on the ground (knocked/staggered) they loose aggro & it is your time to be fucked :)
From software made summons dumber specially for DLC + nerf on terra magica & cerulean hidden tear balanced broken comet Azur disbalance.

Antwix

Absolutely bodied the Frenzy Boss. First try, blind. I almost wish I didn't cuz that was probably the most fun boss fight. Maybe besides Rellana and Messmer. Just a smooth flowing fight with a bit of status to deal with. Super fun though.

Fbh

Nah the camera is ass during that boss, at least to me it has the hardest element of the fight which sucks.
As with most games the camera struggles when you get pinned close to a wall, it's just that this thing flies around so much that it's fairly easy for it to happen. And on top of that the boss itself is kinda big and tends to obscure most of the screen when he is close

Last edited:

Lux R7

15 tries for
the impaler
, still no summons or spirits, and btw this fight is super fair, you can learn everything.
Lord of frenzy
was amazing too.

mdkirby

Fuck y’all I’m using summons, and it seems a katana and a build optimised around black flames. now i can’t remember what anything does or why the fuck I’m specced faith and strength when I recall cheesing most the base game as a wizard with death beams and swarm of flies, neither of which I can apply now 🤪

Madflavor

Gold Member
Final Boss down, no summons used. No Summon Hardcore Git Gud Club Badge earned.

A4RZBuf.png

That had to be the hardest Souls boss they've ever made. I had to eventually drastically change my build and rely on a Greatshield to weather his attacks. His 2nd phase is just absolutely nuts with the amount of combos he uses with very little openings for attacking and healing.

DelireMan7

Got Rellana with my Milady (Love this weapon). Going from a +18 weapon to a +25 wad quite a change.

I loves this fight. At first it looks impossible, she was too agressive with no opening and then I understand how to avoid or jump over her attack and find a lot of openings.

Succeed to delay her second phase to quite late (only 1/3 remaining) by stunning her several time. You can get 3 attacks then critical then charged attack and again a R1 or Ash of war. Pretty devastating.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
Hold on, if I am using the ash knights and blob guy that is me, does that mean I am not summoning help? Little confused here, folks. If so, I may just qualify which would just, I mean, i can’t get it out as I am very verklempt right now.

Zheph

Hold on, if I am using the ash knights and blob guy that is me, does that mean I am not summoning help? Little confused here, folks. If so, I may just qualify which would just, I mean, i can’t get it out as I am very verklempt right now.
Yes, the mimic (blob) is especially strong

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
Yes, the mimic (blob) is especially strong
Yeah I have that guy a plus one and I have two knight dudes at plus a plus or four. Love those things. I just got the platinum and had it since launch, what a game. I used them on a couple guys like the Commander and I believe the Elden Lord at the end.

So the ash people count as summoning? Man to be so close to heaven if so, and to be told, “isn’t your time, bud”. Hurts so bad when the velvet knife penetrates.

Zheph

Yeah I have that guy a plus one and I have two knight dudes at plus a plus or four. Love those things. I just got the platinum and had it since launch, what a game. I used them on a couple guys like the Commander and I believe the Elden Lord at the end.

So the ash people count as summoning? Man to be so close to heaven if so, and to be told, “isn’t your time, bud”. Hurts so bad when the velvet knife penetrates.
Haha don't worry too much about it, I doubt it impacted the fun you had. It's not like you installed a cheat mod or some bs like that

Antwix

how are you all not posting videos.
I can post 2 that I have a bit later. Im trying to remember lol. I always forget to clip it cuz half the time I'm thinking "Wow that was a hard fight" or "God damn that was a fun fight". Maybe you can change it in the settings or something but Xbox defaults (at least the quick clip feature thing) to a 1 minute video so I don't have the entire fights.

I only have that rot queen and Gaius. I wish I got a clip of messmer, midra and rellana. Those 3 were my favorites so far.

BUT, I have another level 150 character ready to go into the dlc again after I'm done with this dlc playthrough. Probably gonna follow a walkthrough to try to get all the quests and such I missed. Gonna try for a lot more videos during that.

Antwix

2 videos that I have so far. Resorting to mostly L2 spam later in the game since it's tough to get off more than one attack at a time.

Hopefully more to come.

edit: 2 more videos of random mini-bosses

Last edited:
how are you all not posting videos.
I thought about posting my solo Rellana kill but I just rewatched it and it's embarrassing how poorly I played.
In my defense, it was 4am and I was extremely sleepy...

But here's a (kinda) cool picture of me about to stab her for the killing blow:
LDx7IRP.jpeg

Last edited:

Antwix

I'm on the last boss now. Fucking amazing as expected from Fromsoft.
Same here. Beefy sumbitch. Only tried twice before calling it a night but got to his 2nd phase pretty easily. I may seek out some more fragments before tackling for real. I guess I'll see how this new calibration patch impacts the fragments. I imagine it's nothing that'll really turn the tide vs this dude though lol

Antwix

Does anyone know the healing increase from Crimson Seed +1 talisman? I know the base one is 20% but I can't find info on this new one.
edit: nvm thought you meant the crimson amber.

Last edited:
Top Bottom