• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV's future updates adjust chapters, add cutscenes, add playable characters, more

Alej

Banned
I imagine it'll be the characters who already fight alongside you, namely Cor and Iris and Aranea. That way you're not limited to their story appearances. I guess you can use them in the post-game?

Hell yeah. I forgot Aranea.

This is so embarrassing. FFXV has reached "please move the fuck on already" status even quicker than the FFXIII series.

Like, man, I get some tweaks here and there but cutscenes? After all this time and another delay they still couldn't finish this game? It's good that people are getting a (hopefully) finished product but man, this company has completely lost the plot.

valkyre

Ι appreciate his love for the game and the fact that he is open to criticism and willing to take action but this update makes me furious....

Here i am 10 years waiting for this game, only to realize that what I have played is a botched down version of it that wasnt ready for release...

Changing/adding fundamental parts of the story and experience is simply unheard of, at least by me....

The 2nd part of the game disappointed me as hell, and now it is being changed all around.

So what am i supposed to feel about this? Excitement? Or disappointment?

At the moment, it feels as if it is the later....

What a clumsy ass company Square has become.

Yeah. This is what depresses me the most. They used to be the quality standard and setting the bar higher for each new gen.

Hell, they got freaking MMO running on PS2 that was cross-platform. I know EQ did it first (not cross-platform though), but it didn't look as good and wasn't as deep of a game.

UrbanRats

Well shit, just yersterday i found the game for (relatively) cheap and finally caved in.
It hasn't dispatched yet, but if i knew they were going to finish this game like this, i would've waited another 6 months or so.
Now i'll have to leave it there sitting on the shelf, waiting for these patches, because i'm not gonna replay a 30 hours game 2 times in the same year, just because they patched out shitty parts and so on and so forth.

Can't complain though, better than be left with an inferior game overall, i guess.
The commitment is commendable.

Floody

Guess I'll have a reason to replay it if I get a Pro at some point now, but otherwise this is both really annoying and exciting, there's a great game hidden in there, if they can fix the flaws holding it down, that'll be great.

Kouriozan

Sounds good but I already completed and returned the game, was a bit disappointed with it in the end (the story is a complete mess)
Will wait for that long term patch before buying it again, I guess.

Ι appreciate his love for the game and the fact that he is open to criticism and willing to take action but this update makes me furious....

Here i am 10 years waiting for this game, only to realize that what I have played is a botched down version of it that wasnt ready for release...

Changing/adding fundamental parts of the story and experience is simply unheard of, at least by me....

The 2nd part of the game disappointed me as hell, and now it is being changed all around.

After Final Fantasy XIV and now this, Square-Enix' messaging seems to be: "Don't bother with our mainline Final Fantasy games until 1 year after release"

Necro900

Chapter
was utter crap (
jump scares
in a FF?), far too long and uninspired. If their new take on it is just upping the
ring's
power, don't even bother.
Cut that shit in half and then we'll talk.

Overall I don't think there's too much of a honeymoon effect here. Except that chapter and a somewhat obscure plot it's a solid game.
It's not the best FF but it won't be hated as FFXIII, since it's miles better.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
After Final Fantasy XIV and now this, Square-Enix' messaging seems to be: "Don't bother with our mainline Final Fantasy games until 1 year after release"

At least they're adding things for free unlike a certain game
*cough*MGSV*cough*

Jumeira

Banned
ive withheld buying the game simply because I have too many games to finish. So great news for me I guess, by the time I pick it up (probably summer next year) they should have refined the game.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Where's that shot themselves in the foot Post? Have I missed it?

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Video Game Story culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is for bugs and crashes where you can become successful by being an shipping early and patching later. If you screw over your video game story, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the story loving public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXV for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel your story patches for FFXV or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Just for you. I feel it I couldn't make it fit properly though

Mythos

The whole second part should be remade, just adding a new a Ravus scene won't be enough. So how long will them take to make the game like they itended to? 2 Years?

SilentRob

What the hell are people on about in this thread? This sounds like regular post-launch content to me.

New cutscene/s explaining what in the world even happened with one of the main villians in the game is regular post-launch content? After they already added weird cutscenes portraying what happened in the movie in a Day 1-patch?

Razmos

I'm literally on Chapter 12 right now. Do I stop and wait for this patch or just keep going?
Just get through it. The chapter sucks but waiting months just to see an added scene and for it to be made marginally easier doesn't seem worth it.

J4g3r

Brotherhood/Game Spoilers:

Hopefully they'll add a cutscene where Prompto and Luna get to talk with each other about the events in Brotherhood. I was really annoyed that wasn't brought up.

(I'm only on chapter 10, pls no spoils)

Xadjim

Banned
Tabata literally says, that they will provide further updates to improve and enhance the game and people go nuts on it...

free patches for all == bad thing?

I remember CD Projekt adding a few upgrades with free patches to Witcher 3 and they got praise.

MilkBeard

Well, I guess I don't feel bad that I haven't gotten to play the game yet. Still going to be another week or two, maybe I'll wait till the first additional patch hits.

SE should have just waited to release it. However, I'm happy they are continuously adding to it and fixing it.

Well, I guess I don't feel bad that I haven't gotten to play the game yet. Still going to be another week or two, maybe I'll wait till the first additional patch hits.

SE should have just waited to release it. However, I'm happy they are continuously adding to it and fixing it.

Some of these additions are based on feedback, so they couldn't really have waited to release it (unless they released yet another demo lol).

SubbieD

Hahahahhaa, the gaf can ruin anything.

Chapter 3, and I'm having such a ball with the game, I'm just going to ignore the naysayers and finish it as I planned. The EU special edition steelbook is nice enough incentive to pick this Day 1.

If they improve it, great, i'll replay/Youtube it :D

Some of these additions are based on feedback, so they couldn't really have waited to release it (unless they released yet another demo lol).

Yeah, the whole point is that they want to improve the game based off of fan feedback as a thank you for making the game a success. No matter how many times the game got delayed there is zero guarantee that the changes they will make now would have happened with more development time.

Freeman76

Its no big deal, probably why they are adding NG+

MilkBeard

That's true, and I guess that has been Tabata's style for the game since he took over.
I'm quite curious about the coop. I think the foundation is there for a good multiplayer mechanic. It will be interesting to see.

Hedge

So how long should I wait with playing it? I haven't gotten it yet, but I was hoping to start this weekend. :(

Mendrox

Tabata literally says, that they will provide further updates to improve and enhance the game and people go nuts on it...

free patches for all == bad thing?

I remember CD Projekt adding a few upgrades with free patches to Witcher 3 and they got praise.

Not the same. The game right now is just unfinished imo. It's different from a game which already had a complete story including a shit load of quests.

Top Bottom