• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 19-25 | Started from the bottom, now he's there

kirblar

It's her regular jumping HK yeah, that seemed reaaaally good. You could see Poison players using it A LOT.
Won't change a lot of thing in the end, though, I would have just loved abusing it. ^^
Her c.LP being 3F is really nice though! And I suppose it'll help for her combos, hoping they didn't change the properties of her LMT move (the flipping kick move).
It's still super good due to its crazy angle. Full list is out for her and it's some tiny nerfs and major buffs.

Poison
Crouching LP: Start-up changed 4->3f
Crouching HK: Changed to be not cancelable
Vertical/Diagonal jumping HK: Active frames changed 10->5f
Focus (all versions): Hurtbox in the forward direction reduced
Back flip: Travel distance reduced
LK/MK/HK Kissed by a Goddess: Advantage on block after FADC forward dash changed to be -5
EX Kissed by a Goddess: Hitbox on the 1st hit expanded upwards to make it easier to AA
LP/MP/HP/EX Whip of Love: 1st and 2nd hit to be focus/red focus/super cancelable even on block
EX Whip of Love: 4th hit to no longer be jump cancelable on block, 4th hit can be followed up by jumping attacks on hit
LP/MP/HP Aeolus Edge: Recovery reduced by 1f, Advantage on hit/block will be - LP: 0/-3, MP: +3/0, HP: +10/+7
LP/MP/HP/EX Aeolus Edge: Fixed an issue in which the fireball didn't hit when meatied on the opponent's back during wake-up

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
By the way, speaking of freaking out about changelists...

I eventually discovered that the nerf to Nu's negative warning resistance just put her from almost immune to highly difficult to activate. Arc Parser use doesn't count, and hitting D is attacking. lol

So yeah, it's worth remember that stuff on paper may or may not be all it's cracked up to be. Sometimes new avenues are opened up that you have yet to explore, and sometimes a bunch of nerfs don't end up mattering.

Shito

It's still super good due to its crazy angle. Full list is out for her and it's some tiny nerfs and major buffs.
Oooooh, I'm fine with all those changes.
I'm surprised they are buffing a bit her fireball game: seems like she already recovered quite fast from them!
Nerfs on her FA and backflip seem quite justified from what I saw of her.

Can't wait!

kirblar

Oooooh, I'm fine with all those changes.
I'm surprised they are buffing a bit her fireball game: seems like she already recovered quite fast from them!
Nerfs on her FA and backflip seem quite justified from what I saw of her.

Can't wait!
That's a buff to the FA - it's her personal hurtbox that got shrunk.

gutabo

Xian will be happy:
Fei Long Nerf said:
Focus (all versions): Hitbox in the forward direction slightly reduced

Also seems like they added recovery for the first rekka(all versions) which means that even with the right spacing or if it's meaty LP rekka will always be at least -4...

I read it right ? They nerfed Dee Jay damage ? Any idea of the logic of this ? What secret sauce tech I missed ?
Trying to understand Capcom's logic is like..

I can't even

I didn't eem link to the Nerf deejay petition because Haunts is on Gaf, and if Haunts is on Gaf, Capcops are on Gaf and if Capcops are on Gaf, they'll take it serious and if they take it serious gg

Busaiku

dIwYIXh.jpg

How will ArcSys not screw this up.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
By the way, speaking of freaking out about changelists...

I eventually discovered that the nerf to Nu's negative warning resistance just put her from almost immune to highly difficult to activate. Arc Parser use doesn't count, and hitting D is attacking. lol

So yeah, it's worth remember that stuff on paper may or may not be all it's cracked up to be. Sometimes new avenues are opened up that you have yet to explore, and sometimes a bunch of nerfs don't end up mattering.
It's insanely hard to get NP in BB period. 8 resistance was dumb

Not too well got knocked into losers half way through and then got eliminated. But a Trish, RR, and PW player won it all..

thanks

Trying to understand Capcom's logic is like..

I can't even

I didn't eem link to the Nerf deejay petition because Haunts is on Gaf, and if Haunts is on Gaf, Capcops are on Gaf and if Capcops are on Gaf, they'll take it serious and if they take it serious gg

buff yun please

Or instead of whining like idiots you guys could hit the lab and see what you're actually dealing with.

#ShitDJPlayersDealWith

Look at this shit
Dee Jay
Knee Shot: Damage 50->30
EX Machine Gun Upper: Pushback on block reduced
LK Sobat: Low invincibility during start-up removed
U2: Damage changed 501->460, Recovery on hit with animation decreased by 11f

From the arcade edition. The character isn't eem on the top 100.
3660248-2903562312-batma.gif

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You care too much about a character that has consistently sucked in all versions of sf4

If you want to see a truly nerfed character follow seth's changes from sf4 to ultra

alstein

I ask again: Will you buy Ultra or play a better game?

Most of us are FG fans, we'd do both.

Not to mention Ultra's coming after a long drought (esp if you're not a BB fan)- your only choice now would be importing Love Max, and there's no Dee Jay in Love Max.

As for the Dee Jay knee shot nerf, it's still buffed pretty huge off of what it was since it's got +3 more on hit so you can do good followups know. The ultra nerfs I don't know about those.

If I had to do a bet to avoid getting banned on GAF- I'd pick Dee Jay before I'd pick Dhalsim if I was forced to play one of the two characters, assuming I didn't know who the other person was picking and I'd be equally as meh with both characters.

(and no, I am not doing any ban bets in USF4)

kirblar

Elena's ability to do combos was buffed by buffing the moves she uses to link them, they then nerfed the specials used in the combos, is what I think is going on.

Westlo

^ Thankfully the nerf OP DJ petition worked.

Oh shit DJ was top tier 20 years ago

Elena holding multiple L's too

Why can't I main my black characters without them being ass

Should've played Sean in 2nd Impact.

Vanilla Sagat got hit with a feather duster compared to what Sean got hit from 2I to 3S.

Shito

Elena's ability to do combos was buffed by buffing the moves she uses to link them, they then nerfed the specials used in the combos, is what I think is going on.
I don't know, isn't c.LP her only buffed move?
Seems to me like all the other ones got nerfed, but then again I have a hard time making myself a strong opinion on her changes in that sea of numbers. ^^

Laconic

Banned
I pretty much main Balrog too lol, he's really boring though. I do use him when DJ can't get the job done.

I don't even know what Dudley is, that's why I only learned him then just let him be half baked.

I really want to rage over the cold-blooded murder of the Elena hype-train that Combo was building up. I really do. But after so many years, and four iterations where she did not make the cut, the pain has softened, and stage 5 has set in.

kirblar

I don't know, isn't c.LP her only buffed move?
Seems to me like all the other ones got nerfed, but then again I have a hard time making myself a strong opinion on her changes in that sea of numbers. ^^
Thought that was the one she's always using to link things after Mallet Smash? Or is that something else.

I pretty much main Balrog too lol, he's really boring though. I do use him when DJ can't get the job done.

I don't even know what Dudley is, that's why I only learned him then just let him be half baked.
Are you seriously saying that you refuse to learn Dudley because you aren't sure if he's black?

Shito

Thought that was the one she's always using to link things after Mallet Smash? Or is that something else.
I don't know, maybe, I haven't seen a lof of Elena's, and even less good ones.
Still, it's quite a lot of nerfs all along for just one easier link...

Tik-Tok

I think the idea is you'll need to change some of of your combos up with DeeJay.
The knee shot damage nerf is because it does more hit stun now which lets you combo in to harder hitting buttons after you hit them. So now instead of knee shit cr.lp or cr.lk you can do knee shot , close st.mk, st.hp, far. st mk, sobat if my numbers aren't off.

That seems like a lot of damage

Top Bottom