• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy composers say Final Fantasy XII Remake is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra

It means what most people suspected it to be: the word "remake" was probably used in place of "remaster", which is what FFXII:HD might truly be.

Nonetheless, just imagine a HD remaster of the Zodiac Version with a remastered Sakimoto soundtrack. Yummy.

So where does it say a remaster is coming?

ODaMrk5.jpg
Yep, remaster it is! Give me that glorious IZJS in HD!

Bousf

was it now?
It was for me, at least. I have read many people broadening the meaning scope of the word Remake to ports, remasters and reimaginations. Heck, I even read someone call DQVIII 3DS a REMAKE xD

It is a common mistake and from my end I always expected it to be an HD Remaster a la FFX/X-2, XII doesn't really need to be remade just yet :)

Scrawnton

Please tell me where you people can see a confirmation of FFXII Remaster. Because I sure don't!
He didn't say that he made an error in mentioning ff12 was being remastered or redone. Just that he apologized for confusing people by calling it a remake. The guy knew his announcement was a confirmation of an HD remaster, and his comment did not address that at all, just that it's not a "remake"

Terra

right there. in the post. you gotta look at it for awhile and then it pops up.

i mean it might as well be.

I even clicked the link to get to a separate page. I've waited for about five minutes and still nothing happens. Cannot click on anything else.

I'm on mobile/Safari if that matters?

Scrawnton

All I see are the words "Final Fantasy XII" and "mistake". I guess it really was nothing but trash.

I'll still buy it day 1.

The guy said calling it a remake was a mistake. In the context of FFX remaster and ff7 remake, he confused some people by announcing the ff12 ps4 version was a "remake" ala FF7. That is why he said he made a mistake.

DNAbro

I even clicked the link to get to a separate page. I've waited for about five minutes and still nothing happens. Cannot click on anything else.

i was joking lol

The main thing is the fact he only took back the use of the word remake, when this announcement was obviously about a remaster.

Falk

that puzzling face

i don't know what's real anymore

Technically he is saying that he mistakenly used the word "remake" to refer to "new concert arrangements of music from FINAL FANTASY XII", but in context it is obvious that a remaster is basically confirmed since he mentioned the FFVII remake onstage just before talking about FFXII "remake".

Kain

Well, it says they were wrong about the remake thing. Of course it was not going to be a remake, so seeing as they have not said anything about a remaster... besides, it makes sense, the FFX remaster for PS4 was out when, April? A FFXII remaster could very well happen in spring 2016, paving the way for KH3 and eventually FFXV.

Like Shift Breaker said, it's a remaster rather than a remake. It makes no financial sense to remake FFXII.

It means what most people suspected it to be: the word "remake" was probably used in place of "remaster", which is what FFXII:HD might truly be.

Nonetheless, just imagine a HD remaster of the Zodiac Version with a remastered Sakimoto soundtrack. Yummy.
That's not what he said at all.

I'm confused because that statement means nothing. The word "remake" was used in error, but if you want to clarify an error like this you need to come out with a stronger statement. What exactly is the error? Why did he say it and what did he mean?

It was clear from the start that it's not a "remake". Now is there a remaster or not? Who knows. But I'm sure it wasn't SE's plan to announce it like this.

We don't know anything that we didn't know before this post.

Dark_castle

Is Square going to have their own conference or livestream to watch on Gamescom? I know there are stage shows and ATR for FFXV, but what else are there?

Falk

that puzzling face
I get it!

Since remaster means a different thing to them weird music guys, Distant Worlds is getting remastered.

The facebook post expresses their regret that fans thought they were remaking the Distant Worlds album.

!!!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
itsfuckingnothing.jpeg or itshappening.jpeg? I'm tense.

The latter. He didn't backtrack on his announcement, just his phrasing. Its obviously a remaster and not a fullblown remake like they compared to FF7

Arkeband

Banned
I'm so excited to go to Distant Worlds now. Arnie Roth is now Horii-tier gangsta.

Next he'll announce it's coming out for the NX and the Playstation Vita 2.

Mikey Jr.

I feel like it just has to be a remaster. HD visuals, updated soundtrack, IZJS, etc.

Honestly I'd prefer that to a remake anyway. A remake wouldn't come out until 2020 while a remaster could theoretically come out Q4 15 or Q1 16.

Also, XII is probably behind VII, VI, IX, V and VIII in games that should get a remake.

Yep, me too. Clean up the visuals, 1080p, international version, and clean up the audio and I'm good.

Also, allow me to invert the camera on the stick. This was so fucking dumb.

I may know the aaaansweeeeeers,
Though one question I still heaaaaaaaaar.
What twist in fate has brooooought uuuuuuuuus
To roads that run so neaaaaaaaaaaar?

Distant worlds togeeeeeeetheeeeeeer.
Miracles from realms beyooooooooond.
The life-light burns insiiide meeeeeee
To sing to you this sooooooooong;
To sing with you this soooooooooong;
To sing to you your... soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong.

Gbraga

Falk pls. Just give in to the hype. Female Gladio will guide you to the truth.

Male Gladio still best Gladio tho

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Just wait and see, gamescom is this week and TGS is next month.

We'll probably see something about this or at least a public statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom