• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Jump Festa 2015 Trailer

tookhster

The voices seem alright but dear lord they didn't even try to come up with translations that synced well with their mouths.

KX3HWcA.gif

From the looks of it, I'd guess that train is being attacked in a similar way Accordo was attacked by Leviathan. The empire summoned Shiva to find and kill Noctis on the train. As you can see from the windows they're moving so Shiva is probably advancing from train car to train car.

Falk

that puzzling face
The voices seem alright but dear lord they didn't even try to come up with translations that synced well with their mouths.

To be fair virtually every Square Enix game in recent memory had different lipsync work for EN vs JP.

The best case scenario is hopefully VA in the trailer is temp to the point they didn't even want to bother.

Dark_castle

Yep, the fifth time watching the trailer and the voices just sound bad to me. Why would that one guy have an english accent if he's from the same kingdom? ._. Some strange cinematography choices as well.

Ignis received special education when he was young. He may have been out of Lucis for quite some time and thus developing a new accent.

Famassu

The E3 2013 trailer's voice-overs largely implies that Noctis was in the Insomnia when the attack happened.

"Looks like my dad is on the run" "Let's hurry and rendevous with him."
"They're trying to take the crystal out of the city. Before they can, whatever it takes, we need to grab it back."
"Finish suppressing the Lucile loyalist. As for the prince, kill him on sight."

That largely implies that Noctis was in the capital, at least during the attack itself.

My guess is that that opening sequences of the game (Attack of Insomnia, presumably the first meeting with Stella, etc) is not in the demo due to it being too much of a story spoiler.
So unless things have change, my interpretation of the beginning, as of now, is that

1) The peace treaty is about to be signed
2) SHOCK BETRAYALATHON
3) chaos ensues, Noctis & Co are attacked at the steps of that tall building we've seen a lot of
4) Noctis & Co try to rendezvous with papa Caelum, fail to do so (can't find him or there are too many troops where he is), are forced to leave because they are fighting against an overwhelming invasion army and fight their way out of the city (hiding from Behemoth scene being from the garage of when they are trying to get to their car, maybe)
5) they stop outside of town, try to figure out what has happened, listen to the radio and hear the news, see Nilfheim forces still flying into the kingdom, decide to stay on the road. Decide to head for the coast for some reason (safehaven of some kind? think they have allies there? they know they can go there and not be attacked on the streets?)
6) Cor catches up to Noctis and the whole "do you really want to know?" dialogue refers to Noctis asking about what happened to his father and Cor having some bad news, as in "do you really want to know how your father died?" kind of dialogue.

Famassu

They usually lip sync whatever translations don't go well with the movement of the Japanese lip sync closer to the end of the development cycle. That way they can still make changes to the dialogue later on without it causing any additional work beyond recording the voices.

The E3 2013 trailer's voice-overs largely implies that Noctis was in the Insomnia when the attack happened.

"Looks like my dad is on the run" "Let's hurry and rendevous with him."
"They're trying to take the crystal out of the city. Before they can, whatever it takes, we need to grab it back."
"Finish suppressing the Lucile loyalist. As for the prince, kill him on sight."

That largely implies that Noctis was in the capital, at least during the attack itself.

My guess is that that opening sequences of the game (Attack of Insomnia, presumably the first meeting with Stella, etc) is not in the demo due to it being too much of a story spoiler.
This seems to make sense.
So in the TGS trailer, the peace accord hasn't been signed yet (according to the radio) and "the prince doesn't seem concerned," they are on their way out of Insomnia and the attack hasn't happened yet.... right?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Ignis received special education when he was young. He may have been out of Lucis for quite some time and thus developing a new accent.
Oh ok that makes a bit more sense. Maybe we'll visit the town where he got taught and it'll be like London. :O

This seems to make sense.
So in the TGS trailer, the peace accord hasn't been signed yet (according to the radio) and "the prince doesn't seem concerned," they are on their way out of Insomnia and the attack hasn't happened yet.... right?

No, my guess is:

a. Radio has been hijacked by Imperials, and are looping old news.
b. Prince doesn't seem concerned = They're commenting on how Noctis seems to be keeping his cool despite the craziness that just happened the night before.

Lebron

Damn, those english voices sound like dog shit. Weird, FF normally have good localizations.

Dat Yoko soundtrack doe. Lawd.

Dark_castle

Curious if they changed the beginning of the game. It seems as if Noctis and the gang aren't in Lucis at the time of the Imperial takeover. But in VersusXIII, Stella and Noctis have the convo by the fish tank, and then they smash in to the tower and it seems like Noctis had to fight his way out of the city.

This trailer was for the demo, which has altered some story/gameplay progression.

It was really cool to see some new CG scenes added to the scene where Idola and Lucis face off. I've seen that scene so many times since 2011 but now it feels fresh again.

WinFonda

No lie, graphics are the best I've seen so far. I just hope it doesn't get bit by the downgrade bug, because this is looking pretty spectacular.

God of War eat your heart out at the end!

Schryver

That dubbing sounds horrible. Is that how all Final Fantasy dubs are?!

edit: Well if it's more synced later maybe it won't seem so bad?

Considering how Tabata pretty much answered all the questions that was raised in the initial #1buttonpressxtowin #concern , I'm fairly confident he's heard the queries on Stella/Luna.

And considering that we're seeing summons this early in the marketing cycle of FFXV ( I expected none at all for the demo ), I'm confident he'll address all the queries in due time.

Just like how they're currently not revealing the details of what transpired during the Insomnia Invasion itself, (just hints of the aftermath ), there's still a lot of story touch-beats that SE is clearly avoiding on purpose as part of their marketing cycle.

HMD

I still want Nomura to direct the cutscenes, the man made a movie FFS. He really had a special touch.

KoopaTheCasual

Considering how Tabata pretty much answered all the questions that was raised in the initial #1buttonpressxtowin #concern , I'm fairly confident he's heard the queries on Stella/Luna.

And considering that we're seeing summons this early in the marketing cycle of FFXV ( I expected none at all for the demo ), I'm confident he'll address all the queries in due time.

Just like how they're currently not revealing the details of what transpired during the Insomnia Invasion itself, (just hints of the aftermath ), there's still a lot of story touch-beats that SE is clearly avoiding on purpose as part of their marketing cycle.
Yea, its very obvious he knows it's one of the most requested details, and he's very in tune with the community. I'm really curious/nervous to see what the story is with Stella. Hopefully it's not that he's just waiting for an opportune moment to say that Stella no longer exists. I hope her fate is tied to some weird story element that would be too spoiler-ific at this point in the marketing cycle.

Top Bottom