• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First ever DriveClub direct feed racing footage (GamesCom)

DrZeus

iovQARDU6PC4d.gif

This along with the SOE guy giving the thumbs up at the 90s computer as a kid are my new fav gifs lol. I guess he has an updated version of it now which is awesome as well.

btkadams

Bingo! Although hopefully it won't take too long.

We'll see what we can do with regards to 1080p footage, but it'll be after Gamescom has wrapped up before we can make that happen.

does the ps4 not output 1080p footage with the share function?

BadAss2961

Looks godlike, especially in the rear cam view where you get a good look at the environments.

Please let there be a MotorStorm on this system someday.

velociraptor

Terrible quality but I think the graphics look quite good to me now.

However, uncompressed 1080p would be glorious. Titanfall looks like garbage in YT, yet in 1080p uncompressed it looked pretty damn good.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's still hard to critique the visuals but i'm looking forward to updates on this game...

I'm sure Evolution will deliver on the polish.

amar212

Rushy, can you comment about the new DriveClub official wheel Thrustmaster T80 just unveiled?

It is the first official PS4 compatible wheel ever shown, part of the Thrustmaster licensing deal with SCEE signed 2 days ago.

Can you comment on its functionalities and support for the actual driving sensation of the DriveClub? Is it a true force feedback wheel (as haptic force feedback) or is it only simulating force with actuators (no haptic FFB motors)?

Since it does not have clutch pedal nor separate shifter, does DriveClub support clutch as functionality on the controller? Also, if does, will it support clutch pedal and shifter at other - currently theoretical - wheels that will be PS4 compatible?

Is it a USB wheel or wireless?

Thank you in advance!

RkHOKGY.jpg

mvksnuh.jpg

The T80 - DRIVECLUB Edition has been specially designed to help you beat your best times, for unrivaled performance. To achieve this, the wheel incorporates some major advantages, including its angle of rotation: this is much larger on a wheel compared to a gamepad’s mini-stick, allowing for a vastly greater level of precision on the steering axis. Other important advantages lie in the wheel’s large 25 cm diameter, and its ergonomic design providing perfect control with all types of cars – including rubber textured cladding on the wheel’s grip surfaces: this results in enhanced handling and ideal driving comfort, for smoother turns and better drifting. Sensations provided by the T80 - DRIVECLUB Edition are also incredibly lifelike, thanks to the wheel’s realistic linear resistance with automatic re-centering via Thrustmaster’s exclusive Bungee Cord technology.

The controls available on the T80 - DRIVECLUB Edition are also particularly comprehensive, including 11 action buttons, a multidirectional D-pad and wheel-mounted sequential paddle shifters (2 digital Up and Down shifters to let you shift gears more quickly!).

The T80 - DRIVECLUB Edition will be available in a limited edition for the launch of the game DRIVECLUB™, at a suggested retail price of €99.99 (taxes included).

Good pricing for less demanding customers, good move by all parties involved.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/p...ial-wheel-playstation-4-t80-driveclub-edition

I will be also creating a separate thread for next-gen wheels on both major platforms, I think it will come handy.

HooYaH

I'm still not impressed, especially after that initial teaser. Will wait for better quality vid.

Yep, I think the tech is there, but artistically it looks kind of drab.

And what is up with the Alpha code, the game is suppose to ship in a couple of months. This game looks like to be behind schedule.

Globox_82

Banned
GamesCom 2013: Don't Worry, DriveClub Looks Absolutely Delicious Now
We were a little bit worried about DriveClub when we first got our hands on the racer earlier in the year. Little over a month ago, the game looked frighteningly unfinished, and – if we’re honest – a little bit bland. But developer Evolution Studios has a habit of making late sprints to the finish line, so it’s perhaps not especially surprising that the PlayStation 4 racer is starting to look, well, a little bit mind-blowing.

Like all of Sony’s first-party launch titles, the game has come on leaps and bounds since E3 2013, as evidenced by this direct-feed gameplay footage taken from the showfloor at GamesCom. If you can stop yourself from head-bobbing long enough, you should be able to appreciate the serious upgrades to the scenery, lighting, and general sense of speed.

One thing to remember is that the launch title uses a dynamic illumination system, which means that you’ll be able to play all of its tracks at various times of the day. We’re drooling at the prospect of racing through this dense forest location in the dark. Even more impressively, the Runcorn-based team’s still got at least two months left to add another layer of polish to the current build. We can't wait to see how it looks on release day.
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013...orry_driveclub_looks_absolutely_delicious_now
srry if old

When are people going to learn that Sony's studios vastly improve graphics over the course of a game's development. It generally happens in the last three or four months and progressively improves. This was true for even God of War 3 and Uncharted 2.

GeoramA

I knew Evolution would could through. Looks fantastic, as does pretty much every PS4 exclusive compared to how they looked 6 months ago.

Fou-Lu

When are people going to learn that Sony's studios vastly improve graphics over the course of a game's development. It generally happens in the last three or four months and progressively improves. This was true for even God of War 3 and Uncharted 2.

Just like Nintendo, it's gameplay first guys, then graphics. But damn if the Sony studios aren't incredible at graphics.

skybald

Looks godlike, especially in the rear cam view where you get a good look at the environments.

Please let there be a MotorStorm on this system someday.

I missed all the Motorstorms but i look forward to seeing one on this amazing new next generation hardware

Still ugly. The foliage looks awful.

I guess they have 2 months till gold.

Should have made a WipEout game.

Which is really 1.5 to 1 months until first submission which means the game should be pretty much done by then. There's not a lot of time when you factor where the game has to be in order to go through all the aspects of releasing a game. Pre-Cert, Beta, First Submission, Gold, Manufacturing....

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Which is really 1.5 to 1 months until first submission which means the game should be pretty much done by then. There's not a lot of time when you factor where the game has to be in order to go through all the aspects of releasing a game. Pre-Cert, Beta, First Submission, Gold, Manufacturing....

You don't think Sony are going to given their first party devs fast track through cert and manufacture, and the possibility of a day one patch if necessary? Maybe the software informed the release date as much as hardware availability too?

Theecliff

Banned
Yep, I think the tech is there, but artistically it looks kind of drab.

And what is up with the Alpha code, the game is suppose to ship in a couple of months. This game looks like to be behind schedule.

I'm pretty sure just because a demo is alpha code doesn't mean that the game is currently in that stage of development.

You don't think Sony are going to given their first party devs fast track through cert and manufacture, and the possibility of a day one patch if necessary? Maybe the software informed the release date as much as hardware availability too?

I didn't say they wouldn't get fast tracked. I'm factoring that in. Pre-Cert will help find issues ahead of time. First submissions usually fail. Things need to be fixed to address those things which can take a little time. All these little things take time and it all adds up. All that means is the game has to be more or less done fairly soon because of all the things that come afterward.

tinfoilhatman

all of my posts are my avatar
Get us some decent(youtube 1080p preferably) video that's a huge blurfest can't tell anything :-(

I sure hope 720p is the standard output of he video capture app and not the game :-\

Top Bottom