• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

Ohhh baby...
You know when something's bad, but it feels so good?

First Royale, with extra cheese!
- -
  • Get 999 wood
  • Find blue rifle so you have some company
  • Begin
DK6QzqXW4AA4uki.jpg:large

DK6Q1pVXcAAHs7Y.jpg:large

DK6RS89XUAMBcXi.jpg:large

DK6RTcwXoAAugGt.jpg:large

DK6RVwsW4AEZxMF.jpg:large

DK6Q39bX0AE3XSI.jpg:large

DK6RYDJWkAAA4me.jpg:large

• Use bandage to survive 0.5s longer than the other person
  • Win
DK6Q6DrXcAEGfvT.jpg:large

(That's the circle in the middle)

Only had enough wood for 3 more planks at the end, was sweating it for awhile!

Video:
https://twitter.com/gamefootprints/status/913828756569182208

Got #2 on foot the round before this, so went off to the far edge of the woods, got 999 wood and was luckily in the circle. Went and got a gun, then built when I knew where the next circle would be.

Got the umbrella though! Now to get first.. properly.. ��

Im thinking they have triangle for in game menu selecting, so that you can keep your thumb on the left stick and still maintain control over your character movement. If they had it be left and right on the dpad, then you cant move while selecting your objects. A small trade off, but could be important. Before I thought it was a no brainier that left and right should be used instead, but it has its pros and cons.

They should organize items into different buttons:

R3 should be crouch.

R1 and Triangle for going back and forth on your inventory because taking your thumb off is cumbersome, so R1 should generally be the button to go forward...

L1 for shoulder switch.

DPAD for dedicated special items, so maybe you can organize it to put your med kits or whatever else you desire.

GodofWine

The ๖ۜBronx;250434254 said:
Ohhh baby...

Got the umbrella though! Now to get first.. properly.. 😭

Did no one see you up there of bother to blow your perch away??

Alienous

Goddamn! Killed 6 people, made it to the final 6 and then maintenance happened...

Here are all the kills

https://mobile.twitter.com/cwAllGamer/status/913833438284742662/video/1

Second kill was with a trap. And oh yeah, the revolver is a beast.

My brother made it to the final two. Had health + shield + a purple assault rifle, while the other person only seemed to have a pump shotgun and no shield. Maintainence kicked in about 7 seconds before the match would have been over.

Oh he was so salty.

I can only imagine the guy didn't look up, which would be admittedly an odd thing to do. But come on, you gotta at one point look up!

And that wooden bridge could come crashing in like 3-4 shots lol

Patch is going live in under an hour.

Anyone know what is meant by minimum and maximum accuracy? This is only applying to the Assault Rifle in the game, but does it fix the "RNG/Bloom/First Shot Accuracy" that people are criticizing?

They intend to dive deeper into the gunplay mechanics next week, so it seems they are really in tune with improving that aspect of RNG.

Played two rounds last night and had an interesting but predictable start to this game/genre...

Round 1 (~45 seconds): Parachute directly into the island on loot lake. Notice while falling that about 5-6 other people have chosen this option. Immediately get into an axe fight when I land before both of us are gunned down by the person lucky enough to land near a handgun on the island.

Round 2 (~5 minutes): Parachute into the mountains weat of the lake. Go through a building and find nothing then meet up with squad mate who found a rifle. Loot two other buildings, find nothing. Get ambushed in the 4th building after finding a shotgun but lost the fight.

The second round really hooked me and has me wanting to play more after work today. I loved the tension of it and hopefully the next couple rounds I play will go a bit deeper.

I hope this changes in the future. I'm currently playing PS4 but am moving to PC soon and also have buddies on XB1 so cross-play and cross-save would be ideal for me.

Unfortunately, afaik, even cross-play for Epic games doesn't include Xbox. Only Sony and PC.

Ohhh baby...

- -
  • Get 999 wood
  • Begin

• Win

Video:

Got #2 on foot the round before this, so went off to the far edge of the woods, got 999 wood and was luckily in the circle. Went and got a gun, then built when I knew where the next circle would be.

How did he not just shot at the bridge? If he disconnected a part behind you, the rest would have broken too.

And that wooden bridge could come crashing in like 3-4 shots lol
Yeh lol, I used my metal too early and there's not too much time left after getting all the wood to stock up on other materials before you've got to get building. What can I say, I prefer to take the high road.

How did he not just shot at the bridge? If he disconnected a part behind you, the rest would have broken too.
Yep. No one could have looked up and shot because none of it broke at any point lol.

paulogy

Posted earlier, but here's the full text:
https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/ea-1-6-4-patch-notes

1.6.4 Patch Notes:

Expect update 1.6.4 to release later today, Sept. 29th

Heya Fortnite community,

This week's update takes steady aim at community concerns with the Assault Rifle accuracy and weapon spread / bloom. The 1.6.4 release also includes a fix to a troublesome login issue on PS4 and a rendering crash on Xbox.

UPDATE - 1:00pm EDT: Supply Drops and Duos are coming next week, along with a detailed blog breaking down our thoughts and goals on weapon accuracy. Expect leaderboards the following week.

EA1.6.4 RELEASE NOTES

BATTLE ROYALE
Balance
Adjustments to Assault Rifle.
White
Increased maximum accuracy by 10%.
Increased minimum accuracy by 22%.
Increased reload rate by 10%.
Green
Increased maximum accuracy by 8%.
Increased minimum accuracy by 20%.
Increased reload rate by 8%.
Blue
Increased maximum accuracy by 5%.
Increased minimum accuracy by 17%.
Increased reload rate by 5%.
Purple
Increased maximum accuracy by 3%.
Increased minimum accuracy by 14%.
Increased reload rate by 3%.
Orange
Increased minimum accuracy by 11%.​
Optimal accuracy is achieved by aiming while crouching without movement.​
Polish and Bug Fixing
Fixed an issue that caused a party to be unjoinable after the Host had left it.
Fixed issues with players joining lobbies.
Fixed a couple of server crashes.​

PS4 ONLY
Fixed an issue that caused login failure after completing the login queue.

XBOX ONLY
Fixed a frequent rendering thread crash that was seen on Xbox.

Patch is going live in under an hour.

Anyone know what is meant by minimum and maximum accuracy? This is only applying to the Assault Rifle in the game, but does it fix the "RNG/Bloom/First Shot Accuracy" that people are criticizing?

They intend to dive deeper into the gunplay mechanics next week, so it seems they are really in tune with improving that aspect of RNG.

Patch is online on PS4.

The ๖ۜBronx;250435118 said:
Nope, not a single shot at me the entire game.
No one must have looked up. No kills, all skills.
/s

Literally all someone would have to do is take out 1 piece of your stairs and the entire thing would come tumbling down. Though, being the game is F2P, a lot of players are new and don't realize that.

majik13

Why not both? Optional?

Cause left and right isnt used in the game.

No reason not to. They did mentioned they were looking into control options/ button mapping, so it could be an option later on. I'm guessing they wanted to favor character movement vs ease of menu navigation, for default.

Surprised they didn't touch SMGs, they feel the worst to me.

This, SMGs need a buff much more than ARs

Any one having building issues on PS4? Not sure if it was on my end but after the patch i cant bring up the blueprints. Has happened a few times where i couldnt go back to my guns. Happened in a few games already.

Played it last night as a survival shooter and got placed 5th. Felt pretty proud of myself. Hid in a cabin and got a kill when someone walked in.

I'm enjoying This since I don't have a P.C to play PUBG and this is free.

Somnia

It won't let me play on PC :(

Apparently if your epic account is linked to an xbox version you have to just make a new epic account to play on PC... that is downright stupid.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Played a handful of games and placed in top 10 each time by camping in a hut with various things as bait by the door.

It needs something to keep it moving though, maybe NPCs in addition to PvP. And auto pickup on ammo. And faster matchmaking and maybe stats at the end of the game. So far it's something i would fire up occasioanlly, but not regularly.

My first ever time playing one of these battle royale games (my only experience is watching pubg on giantbomb) and I came 2nd :( I even managed to get the jump on the guy but he saw me at the last second.

*Splinter

Orange weapons? I still haven't found one. RNG in this game is giving me the finger with everything.
I sometimes miss them just because they look similar to the brown/common weapons until you get close. If it's a Scar, scoped AR, or something bigger then it's gold.

The ๖ۜBronx;250430897 said:
Tried squads with randoms twice now and both times two of them have shot me dead within a minute or so. Not hogging loot, not messing around. It's not a mistake either, first time they left me limping before putting a bullet in me, last time we were in a trio and then they turn, teabag and then both shoot me at the same time. Absolutely killed my will to play that mode, which is a shame.

Can't see any way to report them after you've died.

Edit: I see it. Shame I didn't screenshot the names as you need to fill them in manually.

Happened twice to me out of about 20 games I figure its when a group of 3 is party up with mic and they leave a fourth open then just decide to be really precious like if you have a weapon they want. I didn't let it bother me as the game is early access. Just luck of the draw.

*Splinter

Ohhh baby...

- -
  • Get 999 wood
  • Begin

• Win

Video:

Lol, I've been wanting to try this. Awesome that it worked, the guy at the bottom must have been so confused. I'm amazed he didn't quit.

majik13

I sometimes miss them just because they look similar to the brown/common weapons until you get close. If it's a Scar, scoped AR, or something bigger then it's gold.

yeah this is another thing why do all white weapons, ammo and bandages glow orange?
Lame since white and orange are exact opposites in terms of their power level. I know they are slightly different in their saturation of orange but still, white weapons should glow white dammit!

Ploid 3.0

Lol, I've been wanting to try this. Awesome that it worked, the guy at the bottom must have been so confused. I'm amazed he didn't quit.

I would have loved to see their face when they switched to the person that won, seeing that the poster was way in the air and he didn't look up, or know how to simply shoot.

Top Bottom