• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

It got to be that small because a lot of people were camping in those houses. Took me a while to infiltrate their little hideouts. The last guy I just shit all over with the grade launcher :)

BTW, Does anyone ever get a glitch that seems like your trigger is stuck? Like sometimes I'll be using the axe and I'll let go of trigger but it'll still be going, and even if I switch to a gun it'll just be shooting. Happened definitely on Xbox for me, maybe PS4 also but I don't remember about that one.

jet1911

BTW, Does anyone ever get a glitch that seems like your trigger is stuck? Like sometimes I'll be using the axe and I'll let go of trigger but it'll still be going, and even if I switch to a gun it'll just be shooting. Happened definitely on Xbox for me, maybe PS4 also but I don't remember about that one.

Happened to me on PC.

redfox088

Banned
Happened to me tonight I just switched controllers

How high can you build in this game?? We saw a group fall to their death from heaven because they apparently ran out of materials to make it to the safe zone up there lol.

I'm really liking Fortnite Battle Royale a lot more than PUBG. Way less camping BS.

The art direction is also way better. I'm just having a blast. The best part, the game doesn't perform like dog shit, like PUBG.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
downloading atm. really like the look of this and i'm not really a huge battle royale fan but gonna give it a go.

so this battle royale is just kinda f2p spin off? what will the actual game be like...is that focused on multiplayer or more of a offline/co-op game? i'm gonna see how it goes with this then maybe purchase it. is there an early access for the full game available?

Cerium

downloading atm. really like the look of this and i'm not really a huge battle royale fan but gonna give it a go.

so this battle royale is just kinda f2p spin off? what will the actual game be like...is that focused on multiplayer or more of a offline/co-op game? i'm gonna see how it goes with this then maybe purchase it. is there an early access for the full game available?

The client has both PvE and PvP.

Battle Royale mode is now the main focus of the marketing and everything.

The whole package is free to play. You will never have to buy any part of the game. They're going to milk you with cosmetics at some point like DOTA2.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
The client has both PvE and PvP.

Battle Royale mode is now the main focus of the marketing and everything.

The whole package is free to play. You will never have to buy any part of the game. They're going to milk you with cosmetics at some point like DOTA2.

yeah i seen that now it's installed. don't blame them with battle royale being all the rage right now.

just played my first match and ranked #10. quite proud of that lol and i get why it's so popular. i'll just wait for the rest of it to go f2p then.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
HdYFpgS.gif

Can't use my tactics against me.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Me and 2 guys left. Circle is super small. All I had were two grenades left. Then I made the two luckiest grenade throws of all time and won. I tried to save the video but only the final six seconds were captured - just the victory screen.

Game is so fun.

leehom

Yes!!, I finally did it. Only took a few tries....(few hours). The guy must have been like, where the eff is he!! Someone caught on and started shooting me in the sky, but someone else took him down. I had 999 wood, 30x brick and 30 stone to accomplish this.

4Trjq8A.jpg

Bishop89

played about 10 games in a row.

It was fun, but it seemed really barebones.

I know its relatively new so EPIC can always just add weapons, but there just wasn't a lot of variety.

I haven't played PUBG, but it looks like a more fun game. I don't think I like the cartoony artstyle in Fortnight

Ensirius

Yes!!, I finally did it. Only took a few tries....(few hours). The guy must have been like, where the eff is he!! Someone caught on and started shooting me in the sky, but someone else took him down. I had 999 wood, 30x brick and 30 stone to accomplish this.

4Trjq8A.jpg

You actually won without killing anyone. Props.

I just got my first win.

PeacefulCautiousCricket-size_restricted.gif

Ploid 3.0

I'm waiting for someone to post a video on the journey to a sky bridge win. That's quite impressive, and looks scary. At any moment someone could look up and destroy it.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i wish there was a quicker way to get into games. you need to run around hammering stuff then wait for the bus to drop. i know it needs to find other players but it just becomes a bit annoying if you get put out early in a match.

Alienous

i wish there was a quicker way to get into games. you need to run around hammering stuff then wait for the bus to drop. i know it needs to find other players but it just becomes a bit annoying if you get put out early in a match.

I'm hoping a patch will allow you to connect to another match while spectating, and join when that match has started. It would really make those early deaths less annoying.

Tregard

Soothsayer
My current strategy of diving straight to the house at Loot Lake and waiting on the roof until everyone kills each other is paying off dividends.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
urrrgh i got to #5! my best before that was #6.

i just kinda camped out in this little building for most of it. with each storm i was still within the circle so i just waited it out. i left and creeped around some trees/rocks but got caught out :(

*Splinter

Eurgh, was on a great run, was forced into a gunfight just out of shotgun range. Was crouched, not moving, using a golden AR and only hit 1 bullet in an entire clip. Ridiculous.

Top Bottom