• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

Mikey Jr.

How do rarities work for shotgun in terms of damage?

I literally surprised this guy with a white shotgun to the body, then his pistol took away 50 over shield and all my health before I could get another shot off.

We were inches apart. I don't get it.

I think my ps4 saved the video i hope. I'll look at it later.

How do rarities work for shotgun in terms of damage?

I literally surprised this guy with a white shotgun to the body, then his pistol took away 50 over shield and all my health before I could get another shot off.

We were inches apart. I don't get it.

I think my ps4 saved the video i hope. I'll look at it later.

Depends on the weapons. The pump can 1 shot if it's a full on hit. The revolve can also 1 shot if it's a headshot. I think the revolver does like 130~ damage headshot.

My current strategy of diving straight to the house at Loot Lake and waiting on the roof until everyone kills each other is paying off dividends.

Last time I went there, I jumped to one of the broken down shitty houses on the edge. I let everyone kill themselves, then I build a bridge to the boats with chests and looted them peacefully :)

HGAU2pF.png

Bumping this, come join us and talk about the game or get a squad!

Reposting for a new page.

I've played four matches and have successfully died to a shotgun from behind 2 minutes in with no weapon of my own. :(

Never lucky.

Seems like it can be fun though.

People who ignore the suggested marker I put down but don't mark where you've decided to suicide jump to, leaving me to guess what general area you're trying to die in, why do you do it?

Edit: Oh nice, just experienced a team mate killing me on purpose for the first time. Sweet. Thanks, PSN name Sharkboy----.

Auctopus

How does gun damage work in this game? How can it take so many shots to kill someone but they can kill me in under 2 seconds with half as many shots?

I swear the shotgun is so inconsistent. Someone killed me with one shot, yet when I use it, it takes 3-4 shots to down then like 8 to actually kill them once they're down (not exaggerating) ?

How does gun damage work in this game? How can it take so many shots to kill someone but they can kill me in under 2 seconds with half as many shots?

I swear the shotgun is so inconsistent. Someone killed me with one shot, yet when I use it, it takes 3-4 shots to down then like 8 to actually kill them once they're down (not exaggerating) ?

Different tiered weapons do different amounts of damage. Legendary (golds) do more than Common (whites)

There are also shield potions that people may have used to get a secondary healthbar. You can tell that you are dealing shield damage by seeing light blue numbers appear instead of the usual colors

And I havent experienced that about the shotgun unless I attack from afar with it. Up close, 1 headshot will kill a downed opponent from what i've seen. Dunno what happened in your situation :( Maybe report it to epic, might be a bug

Kalor

Finally won my first game earlier. The bush strategy worked out pretty well for me with at least hiding in the smaller circles. I wasn't in a position where many people were running past me so I didn't get many kills that way.

Different tiered weapons do different amounts of damage. Legendary (golds) do more than Common (whites)
From what I've seen, higher tiered weapons do not do more damage. I compared a blue burst rifle to a white burst rifle and i think the only difference was reload speed. Damage and fire rate was the same. There's no weapon that has a Gold Version and White Version.

I think there are a lot of players that still do not understand Shield potions. I've killed people without shields that drop them.

From what I've seen, higher tiered weapons do not do more damage. I compared a blue burst rifle to a white burst rifle and i think the only difference was reload speed. Damage and fire rate was the same. There's no weapon that has a Gold Version and White Version.

They do more damage, but its at best about 2 shots less at further distances.

I think one of the weaker ARs are like 7 shots at long distance, but the gold ones do 5 shots

Ramirez

Damn, got lucky on my first match!

Found someone who had a sniper early in the game and proceeded to dome like 3-4 kids on my way to the win, lol.

This could be really fucking good if they keep adding to it and introducing vehicles and such.

They do more damage, but its at best about 2 shots less at further distances.

I think one of the weaker ARs are like 7 shots at long distance, but the gold ones do 5 shots
I think the Scar AR (purple and gold) get away with that by being different weapons than the M16 AR (white, green, blue).

dengatron

I think the Scar AR (purple and gold) get away with that by being different weapons than the M16 AR (white, green, blue).

i think this is the case, yeah. scars do like 98 headshot damage or something disgusting. finding a scar or the scoped single shot rifle, and a decent shotgun can take you so far in this game.

Rua

Downloaded this last night and played a few matches. Made it to #6 my last match.
Everytime I've died has been a one-shot from a shotgun. Kinda annoying.

I'm enjoying just playing a match or two and then coming back later.

Wondering why like half the people jump off the moment you're able to. Is there a strat there I'm missing?

Ramirez

How do you get your health back? All I'm finding is shield potions, and I just found out the hard way that shields don't stop the storm damage, lol.

Maximus P

Got my first hate message today. Some guy calling me a 'fucking camper'... lol

I was holed up In a house within the circle and my trap got him.

Maximus P

Traps makes such good resource collectors. Put a couple in nearby houses behind closed doors, then hide in a bush and check to see what goodies are left behind when you get the kill notification.

Obviously I don't use this method late game, but it's a great tactic early game.

Wink

First squad matches today with a friend on voice chat. I had fun solo, but the experience is so much better with a partner. Looking forward to getting more people together.

Inventory management annoys me a little.
I wish weapon switching and selecting consumables were a different button for example, but overall I dig the game very much.

I have no interest in the PVE mode whatsoever, but can't wait what the updates to this mode will bring. Can see myself playing for a long time.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
what's the point in crafting stuff in this?

i saw one guy building a fort up on a huge hill but what's the point if you're being forced inwards all the time? unless you get really lucky and don't have to move then yeah it'd be good to have a fort but i haven't felt the need. i just land, find a gun, stay hidden, and keep moving in while letting everybody else kill each other.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member

i saw one guy building a fort up on a huge hill but what's the point if you're being forced inwards all the time? unless you get really lucky and don't have to move then yeah it'd be good to have a fort but i haven't felt the need. i just land, find a gun, stay hidden, and keep moving in while letting everybody else kill each other.

Building ramps is crucial to reach some places.

Walls with windows are great for hunkering down in place for a bit.

Play a squad game and get to the final <10 and ask this question again.

Even a temporary base can be a big deal. You can snipe people from relative comfort. I sometimes see people just standing out in the open hoping to not be spotted. I imagine they're thinking to themselves, "what a fool, this guy is sitting in a base everybody knows where he-" kersplat, they dead.

Making a small base takes very few resources and can really help a lot when you're surrounded or being flanked. I think in the first few games I played I really underestimated the strength of building in this mode. But building in position of strength can be game winning.

That said, I usually don't build until the third circle or later. Except in the heat of battle where you can build a wall and/or stairs and use it to peak or for cover where you otherwise have nothing to hide behind. I think building is a huge deal and every win I've gotten has used building to an advantage.

I think there are a lot of players that still do not understand Shield potions. I've killed people without shields that drop them.

There is an AR that is common, and a Legendary assault-rifle. And DPS is definitely a variable

Ploid 3.0

First squad matches today with a friend on voice chat. I had fun solo, but the experience is so much better with a partner. Looking forward to getting more people together.

Inventory management annoys me a little.
I wish weapon switching and selecting consumables were a different button for example, but overall I dig the game very much.

I have no interest in the PVE mode whatsoever, but can't wait what the updates to this mode will bring. Can see myself playing for a long time.

You may know, but switch to pick axe then you can pick up all the ammo and resources/traps without worrying about switching and dropping weapons. They may change this later so you won accidentall... oh actually ammo and such will be picked up automatically by walking over them soon.

Ploid 3.0

I found a legendary AR once so far and it made such a crazy noise when I used it that my aim went to shit the guy who killed me didn't even pick it up I don't think he knew what he had found.

Yeah some people miss the legendaries because they kinda look like the whites. Blue, green, and purple stand out much better. Maybe if they made it look a bit more orange and add a Diablo 3 like beam and unique sound effect when they drop.

Ok it does make a unique sound. Though does it when you kill someone and they drop it? The orange/yellow sort of match the bullets, maybe make it more obvious.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Play a squad game and get to the final <10 and ask this question again.

i only just started playing the game today so i only asked to learn. i wasn't saying it's a waste of time or anything. it's obviously in there for a reason but so far it's not been any use to me.

i only just started playing the game today so i only asked to learn. i wasn't saying it's a waste of time or anything. it's obviously in there for a reason but so far it's not been any use to me.

Just watch one match from Grimmz, CDN, Shroud, or Anthony_kongphan and you'll see the uses.

You don't build permanent outposts (except maybe within the last few circles). You build temporary shelters to fortify your position, heal, revive a teammate, or even as bait to lure enemies to attack it. As well, you can craft to scale mountains to get the drop on unsuspecting enemies.

In a top 10 situation, you can build strong defenses on ledges that require the enemies to expose themselves to assault you. With favorable circle positions, you can nearly guarantee a win with smart building and proper sniping.

edit: most of my structures in the early game are simply a wall and a ramp to peak and snipe from if i see an enemy in front of us with no flanking option

Yu Furealdo

Woo, I won my first game on Xbox! Had 6 kills then cleaned up the final guy after he killed the other finalist. What a rush... couldn't believe it ended so smoothly.

Man I wanted to try this. I went to the Xbox app on my phone while at work and tapped the get button and then the install button. Got home and the Xbox didn’t download it. I tried installing it from the store page and my games and apps page but no dice. When I get home tomorrow I will try again.

it's obviously in there for a reason but so far it's not been any use to me.

Any time you think 'I could use some cover right now", well, you can make it. You can make cover when you're advancing into a defended position, when moving away from someone firing at you. A wall and a ramp creates a temporary sniper nest.

Building can be used to make decoys and diversion and to delay someone advancing towards you. It's very useful.

Yeah some people miss the legendaries because they kinda look like the whites. Blue, green, and purple stand out much better. Maybe if they made it look a bit more orange and add a Diablo 3 like beam and unique sound effect when they drop.

Yeah, weapon rarities really could use more visual differentiation besides the color, so you could identify them at a glance (it's specially troubling if you're color blind). You can hover and see the star rating, but that takes a while. Maybe add some visual effects, like particles or something.

Top Bottom