• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

Juan

I just won my first game! I played like 7/8 games, always finished in the top 10, but it feels really satisfying since I was alone the whole time.

This game is a ton of fun and it's going to hurt PUBG on console a lot! I don't play on PC, so I was planning to buy PUBG when it would come on Xbox, but now, I won't do it since Fortnite BR is really good, free, and the crafting add a whole new dimension to the game. I've seen some crazy things!

The inventory feels really simple, something I was a bit afraid with PUBG playing with a controller and not a mouse and keyboard, but that's okay, sometime it feels a bit odd since you have to select something to drop it when taking something else, but that's okay in the end, you get used to it.

Plus, I do like the art direction. I thought the colorful environment would kill the feeling of a Battle Royale and turn me off, but it doesn't, and the day/night cycle is really good and add a ton of variety, being for the gameplay or the good looking aspect of the game.

Ah, another squad game where my entire team died/quit in the first 30 seconds. We started by that field with the squiggly lines on the east side... Final circle was literally diagonally across the entire map on the west. I made it there alone and was in the final three (teams, so like five people alive).

I died in the storm because I was on a mountain and couldn't get down quickly enough.

Aaaannndddd another second place in solo. It was basically an open field so I knew he had to be in a bush but for some reason I didn't just try shooting them. Also doesn't help that I went the whole game without bandages.

I can't kill shit with these guns. I've killed more people with the pickaxe.

lmao. My gun of choice is the semi-auto shotgun honestly. It's the one I know I can just blast people in the face with and they'll reliably die. Of course, this means avoiding conflict until they're five feet away from me.

darklin0

Banned
High Risk, High Reward. It fire very slow and needs to be in close range. You can one shot an unshielded opponent IF you hit the head. Takes 2-3 to the body iirc.

In the same amount of time you could kill with a AR at longer range. I doubt it needs a nerf tbh.

Oh for sure, I agree with both of you wholeheartedly.

It just feels like there are people complaining about it and it may get a nerf.

Won 2 games now in solo play. Got 9 kills on my second wim which I think was my best overall kill count. The game is awesome, runs great, phenomenal pick up and play experience. The shooting like others have said isn't exceptionally tight, which may hinder my overall investment. However, the main thrill comes from positioning, maneuvering, and overall use of tactics, so who knows if a little wonky shooting will ever hinder me that much.

Aside from the shooting, I would enjoy base building to have some use outside of being the last 3 people, and the storm should actually be a storm like dark lightning thunder and shit. I know smallest nitpick ever.

Game is a surprising hit for me though. I think they really struck gold here getting their foot in the door on consoles.

To chime in on the above discussion, rifles are easily the best weapon for me. The scoped rifle (not sniper) which I have found maybe twice is absolutely the best weapon I have used and it's not even close. The only time I'm not rolling with a rifle is if I don't have the option.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Another thing, the inventory system is less than intuitive. Don't just ASSUME that I would like to trade my equipped item for five extra bandages. Literally just got me killed because my weapon was dropped.

I know this game has some issues but damn it’s a ton of fun. I’ve been itching to play a BR game for awhile but my six year old MacBook doesn’t stand a chance running PUBG. This will work just fine.

Ploid 3.0

Well I built it on top of a house :p

Hah, it reminds me of those castles within a castle, concentric castle designs. You're thinking outside of the box my friend.

I wish I could spectate some of you guys games. I wish Epic bring their Paragon replay code system over to this. That would be insane.

8J2VjJx.gif

Also the way you move the camera around in that short clip reminds me of a bird. hah

CrimsonN0

Man, the winner of the last match really loaded up on explosive rounds.
He built a 4 story brick building, went to the top, and then just sprayed the battlefield, destroying all cover with a grenade launcher.
I was already dead at that point, but it was kind of funny, seeing the camera constantly switch between players almost instantly as one killed another without any cover to hide behind.

Ferny

Man I should really not drop near others in the beginning, I always end up dead. Game is fun.
Yeah people always drop like crazy in the beginning. I try to wait a little and go into an area where I know I can get a gun relatively quickly to make sure I survive

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i let people drop first then when i'm gliding down keep changing direction so it doesn't look like i'm heading for a particular place and try use hills/buildings to keep out of view. if i jump first then more people have a better view of where i land. if i wait then most people are below me still gliding or they are on the ground where view is more restricted and they are trying to find gear.

at least that's my thinking but not saying it works lol.

Just got my first win, and with 9 kills! Really enjoying this on PS4. But what is up with the auto aim? Sometimes it seems to be working the other way around, constantly pushing the reticle away from the target when I'm trying to track them.

kiguel182

Played a few games and every time I try to build something I just get killed because I’m distracted.

I don’t get the building stuff. I wish that part wasn’t there.

Played a few games and every time I try to build something I just get killed because I’m distracted.

I don’t get the building stuff. I wish that part wasn’t there.

Just don't use it then? I wish I would use it more and walls would take more hits, but I wouldn't wish that it is not there at all, why? More features and possibilities are good.

Top Bottom