• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

Gowans

Really enjoying this game, it’s great with friends too but just makes me want PUBG to come to console quicker.

We’re getting closer and closer last night.

Maximus P

Talking of sound issues. Does anyone else get that thing where you can be totally still and then the game makes that 'thudding' noise like you've just dropped off a ledge?

Shit my pants everytime.

Is there different servers for PS4?

I'm in South Korea doing squads with random people as singles is too stressful. Anyone want to team up?

Talking of sound issues. Does anyone else get that thing where you can be totally still and then the game makes that 'thudding' noise like you've just dropped off a ledge?

Shit my pants everytime.

Yes I am walking or whatever then there is that sound and I have to check my six it's really annoying.

I don't know how hard it would be to switch every weapon from hitscan to full bullet physics, but I can at least see why they're hitscan. Every weapon was basically just brought over from the PvE side, except the sniper rifle. The sniper in PvE is hitscan and it's funny shooting and watching as the enemy dies before your tracer reaches them.

if anyone wants to team up on ps4 send me a request
psn:syndream

HGAU2pF.png

redfox088

Banned
Solo win number 3 yea with only 4 kills. A low kill win probably doesn’t taste as good as a 10-15 kill Royale with Cheese does. Those guy must worship RNGsus to survive that many encounters and still go toe to toe with top 5vers.

Solo win number 3 yea with only 4 kills. A low kill win probably doesn't taste as good as a 10-15 kill Royale with Cheese does. Those guy must worship RNGsus to survive that many encounters and still go toe to toe with top 5vers.

As someone who's once reached the lofty height of a 10-kill Royale with Cheese.. You tend not to even think about it as it's happening. You just kind of get in the zone and before you know it, it's done and you see your kill count.

sn00zer

Oh man soo satisfying sitting just at the edge of a door as soneone is coming from a mile away towards the door. Musta scared the shit outta thenguy when i popped out just as they rwached the door

Shield could work a bit differently, IMO. It could soak some damage and let some through, mix being defined by gun/ammo. That would add a bit more depth to the gunplay.

kiguel182

Just don't use it then? I wish I would use it more and walls would take more hits, but I wouldn't wish that it is not there at all, why? More features and possibilities are good.

I think it distracts from the core of the game. Just not a fan of that aspect of it.

Shield could work a bit differently, IMO. It could soak some damage and let some through, mix being defined by gun/ammo. That would add a bit more depth to the gunplay.

That would only work if there were a visual indicator that a shield is applied. Otherwise it's just another element of RNG on top of the bullet spread RNG.

Login failing here in the UK. My son and I had set up our PS4's next to one another and we were having fun. Oh well.

Queue at over 7 minutes and failing at the end.

Having a ton of fun with this, even though its an early access and probably slapped together real quick, its very solid. My girlfriend is having a blast and she hasn't ever played anything but Mario games before. Somehow she finished 2nd yesterday and doesn't even know how to move the camera around correctly ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LOL just tried this and low and behold I win. Just let people walk right by until it was down to 3. I let them start firing at each other and I took them both out.

Good good, that's how you bush stealth. Let them tear each other apart then clean up the remains and snatch victory.

--------

8 wins with bush stealth. Woo. Scratch that, 7. Skipped a number.

sn00zer

Oh man, just sat in a bush on a hill for like 5 min watching a guy in a house from afar. Just not moving as he moved back and forth from the shack to the house, then he just happened to walk by my bush....muhhahahah

Battle Royale games are no joke. So dang fun

I keep dying to the storm in the end because the circle always f*cks me

If you get a bad circle you just gotta run early and hope you can either loot on the way or get the drop on a better equipped player and loot them. It can be tougher this way but you stand a pretty good chance at making top 10 this way since most players drop in hotspots that are essentially warzones.

If you get a bad circle you just gotta run early and hope you can either loot on the way or get the drop on a better equipped player and loot them. It can be tougher this way but you stand a pretty good chance at making top 10 this way since most players drop in hotspots that are essentially warzones.

I always get to the final 10, but when the circle gets really tiny I'm always in the worst position. Or in this last game I had to run across a completely open field.

And there's another third place due to bad circle.

Top Bottom