• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

I always get to the final 10, but when the circle gets really tiny I'm always in the worst position. Or in this last game I had to run across a completely open field.

Ah yeah, I've run into that a lot lately as well. I've started to take riskier routes in the mid-game circles rather than the direct ones in order to hopefully get better ground. It's helped a bit.

Jb

I always get to the final 10, but when the circle gets really tiny I'm always in the worst position. Or in this last game I had to run across a completely open field.

And there's another third place due to bad circle.

That's why you need to stock up on bricks or metal beforehand so you can build walls to protect you as you move towards the circle and eventually make yourself a cute fort to kill the remaining dudes.

So few players seem to know how to even react when you do that, except when they have a RL or GL.

That's why you need to stock up on bricks or metal beforehand so you can build walls to protect you as you move towards the circle and eventually make yourself a cute fort to kill the remaining dudes.

So few players seem to know how to even react when you do that, except when they have a RL or GL.

When there's only three people left I feel too scared to just build protective walls because that REALLY gives away my location. If I were already in the circle, then yes of course I build.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Applied the scorched earth policy.
vQ7Ofk7.gif

Jb

When there's only three people left I feel too scared to just build protective walls because that REALLY gives away my location. If I were already in the circle, then yes of course I build.

This late in the game I don't think it really matters. On the other hand there's a chance it'll freak out the other players.

In this final three I WAS in the circle, but I had a sniper and a shit semi auto rifle, so when someone ran up to me with a shotgun there wasn't anything I could do.

Geeky

I got this game on the PS4 last week and I have been having a blast. Time just flies by. I struggled staying interested in a single game of Overwatch and felt that the 5 minutes a Splatoon match would run was great. The constant tension of not knowing who is behind the next corner is amazing. I watched a streamer I like play PUBG and understood the basic premise of the genre by watching them. I love the 100 person hide-and-go-seek and tag aspect of the game.

This is what I always wanted a Metal Gear online game to be. Sniper battles remind me of fighting The End in MGS3.

My first victory was last night and it felt great sneaking along the perimeter of the circle looking for the final player and just tagging them with a headshot with their construction stencil out.

Got my second victory today. I landed almost the furthest possible distance from the initial circle and the next two times it was the furthest away again so most of the game I was running so I didn't get much early on. I stumbled across a gold chest near the end and found a sniper rifle. I've gotten better at aiming where the opponent will be as opposed to my instinct to shoot where they are.

I knew the final opponent was in a fort he constructed just outside the circle, but I couldn't see him as he was higher up. I was within the circle, but hidden in a bush. I just waited him out and as I saw him running towards the circle I aimed my sniper rifle, but he had died because of the storm instead. A very lack luster finish, but I'll take it.

I'll be sure to check out PUBG when it comes to PS4 and keep an eye out for any other Battle Royale games as well.

Son of a!

Placed second twice now.

Once because the game bugged out which Im pissed about. The other time I lost track of my enemy after hitting with the bolt rifle (had armor)

I then hit him 3x with the shotgun and I know I just needed a single hit more. Came down to the wire

Both times, Ive used the same drop spot. Proving very effective

Ted

Nice, scored my first Victory Royale!

Jumped to the edge of the map, did a bit of scavenging and then chased the first circle (where the upload below starts).

From there, I just played it slow, keeping to the edge of the incoming storm with a little but of bush cheese. I'm not sure what the first player I killed at the bottom of the hill was doing but hey, I'll take it. The second and final player I had to kill just got unlucky that I snuck round on him and he didn't see me coming. To be honest if the previous guy hadn't had the nice AR I may not have even had a weapon to finish at that range with!

I guess sometimes the luck just goes your way. I'll take it though.

Video: https://youtu.be/tO5_TjtVzTI

My friend said he got killed by two different hackers in two games on PC. What do you guys think?

I don't play on PC but it's possible. There was video in a highlight reel way earlier in the thread where a streamer was confirmed killed by a hacker as you can see the hackers perspective after the kill.

Love this game but I think I need a new team. My friends just can't help themselves from getting into bad firefights. We finish in the top 5 teams almost every single game and while we won one the first day we haven't since. A couple of second place games because I've stayed back. They wanna rush in like CoD and I stay out of fights I don't need to pick. It's hard to get them out of the mentality "I killed 4 people that game!" but they died with 50 people left on the map.

Ugh, I'm in the storm running to the circle and this ass shoots me from behind (so also in storm). I kill him but now I don't have enough health to get to safety so I just drop dead.

-_-

Rua

Yes!!, I finally did it. Only took a few tries....(few hours). The guy must have been like, where the eff is he!! Someone caught on and started shooting me in the sky, but someone else took him down. I had 999 wood, 30x brick and 30 stone to accomplish this.

4Trjq8A.jpg
This seemed like fun so I tried doing it. Got 999 wood and made my way up til I couldn't anymore.

I thought this game had Minecraft physics for some reason and destroyed part of the stairs behind me. Making everything ahead of it collapse of course..

Ploid 3.0

This seemed like fun so I tried doing it. Got 999 wood and made my way up til I couldn't anymore.

I thought this game had Minecraft physics for some reason and destroyed part of the stairs behind me. Making everything ahead of it collapse of course..

lol, well that's one lesson you don't have to learn twice.

I don't play on PC but it's possible. There was video in a highlight reel way earlier in the thread where a streamer was confirmed killed by a hacker as you can see the hackers perspective after the kill.

Yeah there are people using wall hacks on pc they can see someone on the top of a bluff or hill check the end of this video from when he gets killed and spectates the killer
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=itWwCMMn6kA

I don't think I've seen any aim/wall cheaters yet. But I am confident in epic's ability to build tools on their side to automatically detect and stomp at least obvious cheating like in the video posted there. Hopefully they got more tricks up their sleeve than just that too.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The worst thing about the gun play is that genuinely when people are up close the gun won't hit them with hip fire. Like....at all unless you're lucky.

Btw. Me:"The fuck was that noise? Ohhhhh shit RIP!"
ssWOvC2.gif

Chiramii

Ahh, just won 2 in a row with some friends, feels so good!

I saw someone dive to the ground in one game without deploying the glider at all. Wonder how he did that...

Ahh, just won 2 in a row with some friends, feels so good!

I saw someone dive to the ground in one game without deploying the glider at all. Wonder how he did that...
I had that happen to me once. I was trying to find out if you die if you don't deploy your glider but i ended up landing instead. Never happened again though.

Top hit on google search is a forum full of cheats because it's UE4 they have repurposed all their older cheat SDKs almost instantly.

Yeah, PC gaming will never quite be "master race" for me due to crap like this. I'll take worse performance and visual quality over wall hacks and aim bots.

Yeah, PC gaming will never quite be "master race" for me due to crap like this. I'll take worse performance and visual quality over wall hacks and aim bots.

It's one thing to be a great player with super natural reflexes and get killed by a cheater and know instantly they are just someone immature, and it's par for the course, but I think for most players who are trying to painfully increase their skills without tons of free time having a good run ended by some dickless tragic with an aimbot is enough to decide right there and then never to play again.
Dunno what the current % is but with 100 player games if 1/10th of 1% have a cheat up and running you will be in his game several times per hour.

Ploid 3.0

The worst thing about the gun play is that genuinely when people are up close the gun won't hit them with hip fire. Like....at all unless you're lucky.

Btw. Me:"The fuck was that noise? Ohhhhh shit RIP!"
https://imgur.com/ssWOvC2.g G][/QUOTE]

When building a sky bridge goes wrong.

Yeah.

I'll happily stay on ps4.

Only thing that will bother me on console is the sticky aim assist. Hope they tweak it.

Man, I played 3-4 games where Ive come in 2nd place today.

Feels bad. I keep making the mistake of trying to build instead of shoot, and then the inventory just fucks me over as I panic switching from building to my weapons, only to have myself accidentally switch to the stairs, etc.

Need to grow a pair and just go for the gunfights sometimes.

Only thing that will bother me on console is the sticky aim assist. Hope they tweak it.

Man, I played 3-4 games where Ive come in 2nd place today.

Feels bad. I keep making the mistake of trying to build instead of shoot, and then the inventory just fucks me over as I panic switching from building to my weapons, only to have myself accidentally switch to the stairs, etc.

Need to grow a pair and just go for the gunfights sometimes.

I feel this on a spiritual level.

I need to just change my mindset with this game. Instead of getting frustrated for coming in 3rd, I want to be happy because I got 3rd.

After watching some skilled players I realise it's hard to win without either luck, or
a scoped rifle, shields, and mad base building skills for the final circle.

G-Bus

Banned
Think I've made it to the last 10 only a couple times and it's only because I camped it out a bit.

Lots of fun just hard as hell

redhot_

Man the aim assist in this game is terrrrrrrible. It feels like there's an invisible bubble around the character model that I'm fighting to aim through.

Top Bottom