• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 Announced for Xbox One

Munki

How anybody says this car is ugly is beyond me

ford-gt.jpg

RoKKeR

How anybody says this car is ugly is beyond me

ford-gt.jpg

It's lost a bit of the classic GT profile in place of a more stylized, European look. I think it looks good, but is maybe one or two steps too far removed from what made the original GT and the 2006 version the best looking cars of all time.

1968-Ford-GT40-Gulf.jpg

watership

It is : The headlights internal design is just ridiculous , it is an insult to the original GT with that poor Ecoboost V6.

You can't charge people 200K for a V6 and name it "supercar".

The power to weight, speed, torque is there... doesn't that make you just look like an old man yelling at a cloud?

Didn't Horizon 2 use the (enhanced) Forza 5 engine? If so, it's already ready for lighting and weather.. I'm sure through the experience they have, they could continue to enhance it even further.
It uses a heavily modified version of it yes but everything they did was designed around the 30fps base and the way rain effects the tyre physics in FM would need to actually be properly calculated. Just look at the sacrifices PD had to make with GT5 to get it all working and how long it took, T10 have never set out with the intention of implementing these features which is why I gave up on the series after 4 because I just don't like the direction Greenwalt wants and 2 years isn't long enough to make the changes I fell they need to.

I would honestly be shocked if it had dynamic weather or time transitions on this engine because they can only hit the graphics they want when it's all static like every Forza before it, FM1 only had night racing because it was 30fps!

We shall see, perhaps having another dev working on the engine will help speed things up and give them time to implement things but I doubt it.

Megasoum

Banned
Well hopefully Greenewalt will reverse engineer the sun so far that it will actually disappear and we'll get night time.

Gestault

I've got to say, I cringe whenever I read over a post suggesting, against the pattern in every generation of gaming software/hardware, and against the history of the production house involved in the game, that surely, a launch title in a racing series must have maxed out the presentation potential of a game.

Megasoum

Banned
I've got to say, I cringe whenever I read over a post suggesting, against the pattern in every generation of gaming software/hardware, and against the history of the production house involved in the game, that surely, a launch title in a racing series must have maxed out the presentation potential of a game.

Seriously... The jump from Forza 2 to 3 was mindblowing.

E92 M3

Lamborghinis are beautiful cars - that is undeniable. That said, they certainly bring a lot of attention and scream "I have money, look at me." Besides that, they make great daily drivers believe it or not.

It's lost a bit of the classic GT profile in place of a more stylized, European look. I think it looks good, but is maybe one or two steps too far removed from what made the original GT and the 2006 version the best looking cars of all time.

1968-Ford-GT40-Gulf.jpg

To be fair, the original GT40 was a stylized, European look. The MK1 was designed and built in England by English people. It's about as Euro as you can get, the only American link is the badge it wears.

saladine1

Lamborghinis are beautiful cars - that is undeniable. That said, they certainly bring a lot of attention and scream "I have money, look at me." Besides that, they make great daily drivers believe it or not.

I have been in both my mate's Lambo LP670 SV and the Ferrari 458I. The Lambo is such a nice car to be in lol.
He drives it MUCH more than the fezza..

Gestault

I do agree with this. I personally think it looks beautiful. However it could be another Ferrari at first glance.

I actually feel like we're to a point with the engineering that without a major design departure, the low undercut lip on the nose and the sloped inlet feeds on the side are more functional than superficial.

Megasoum

Banned
That's it, I'm going back to my FM5 career tonight.

Gotta try that new TH8A shifter!

Though, now that I think about it, I might be far enough in the career where I won't be using stick shifts anymore...oh well.

Also, I probably have 4-5 months of rewards to collect in game hah.

Aerodynamics. If you build a car that's flat on all sides like Top Gear's car you're going to get shit performance. A curved car cuts through the air more nicely.

i knew this reply would come my way. but i feel like this just too far off the classic design, take the brand name of, and most people would probably say this new lotus or something.

not hating, just saying. too much change.

E92 M3

lamborghini estoque

lamborghini_estoque_1.jpg

Not false advertisement because women do come with every Lamborghini purchase lol.

When did this become a car enthusiast thread

Better than a troll thread.

I have been in both my mate's Lambo LP670 SV and the Ferrari 458I. The Lambo is such a nice car to be in lol.
He drives it MUCH more than the fezza..

Ferraris are no where close to being a good DD. Ferraris are still a very prissy cars lol. That Audi ownership did wonders for Lamborghini in terms of usability.

jem0208

I actually feel like we're to a point with the engineering that without a major design departure, the low undercut lip on the nose and the sloped inlet feeds on the side are more functional than superficial.

Quite possibly, I don't know enough about the physics and engineering side of it to really say. There must be a reason so many cars are approaching this sort of look though.

That's it, I'm going back to my FM5 career tonight.

Gotta try that new TH8A shifter!

Though, now that I think about it, I might be far enough in the career where I won't be using stick shifts anymore...oh well.

Also, I probably have 4-5 months of rewards to collect in game hah.
?

Munki

im not saying is ugly, it has that european look to it, this what i hate about cars this days, they lack identity.

Fair enough. I actually do agree with your statement to a certain degree. The first thing that popped in me head when I saw the car was that it looked very "Ferrari-ish". That being said, I still find the car beautiful.

shandy706

Fair enough. I actually do agree with your statement to a certain degree. The first thing that popped in me head when I saw the car was that it looked very "Ferrari-ish". That being said, I still find the car beautiful.

Your avatar brings back memories.

I miss the days of scouring every inch of the magazines I would receive. Sigh

tbm24

i knew this reply would come my way. but i feel like this just too far off the classic design, take the brand name of, and most people would probably say this new lotus or something.

not hating, just saying. too much change.

So you'd like Ford to compromise the quality of the car simply to make it look like the older model? Ford wants this car to compete and go racing, as such the design needed to accommodate modern standards. Not sure why you'd rather a car that drives worse for the sake of looking at it.

Jaeger

So you'd like Ford to compromise the quality of the car simply to make it look like the older model? Ford wants this car to compete and go racing, as such the design needed to accommodate modern standards. Not sure why you'd rather a car that drives worse for the sake of looking at it.

Seems to be a trend with a small number of people.

Design has to move forward. Not stay the same or go backwards.

carl32

Banned
I can't stand driving at night in real life and on games, it's a chore.So i'd be happy with various times of light between sunrise and sunset and wet tracks with no rain. Whatever they do i'm looking forward to this as i thought Forza 5 was excellent for a launch game and it'll be interesting to see what they can do now.

jem0208

I can't stand driving at night in real life and on games, it's a chore.So i'd be happy with various times of light between sunrise and sunset and wet tracks with no rain. Whatever they do i'm looking forward to this as i thought Forza 5 was excellent for a launch game and it'll be interesting to see what they can do now.

I love driving at night. It's so relaxing.

Revas

It is : The headlights internal design is just ridiculous , it is an insult to the original GT with that poor Ecoboost V6.

You can't charge people 200K for a V6 and name it "supercar".

Why can't you? The GT is every bit a hyper car, the stats on this car will justify the price.

EvB

I love the Juke! Ever since I saw this Photoshopped one, I fell in love:

Nissan-Juke-Tune-2.jpg

Functionality be damned... I think it looks great and would love to work on one in-game.

I think they are Funky, especially in the Nismo version.

I'd quite like to have my New car in there, just so I can pimp it up beyond what I'd ever do IRL

Top Bottom