• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 Announced for Xbox One

What about this for a classic? Will they add this to the new Forza?
Reliant%20Robin%20(2).jpg

tumblr_mttretnD2h1qdwcvjo4_r1_400.gif

ak3iVXr.gif

tumblr_n95vruv0om1qio3h8o2_400.gif

Honestly, I'd rather have one of those than a 193rd supercar.

It is : The headlights internal design is just ridiculous , it is an insult to the original GT with that poor Ecoboost V6.

You can't charge people 200K for a V6 and name it "supercar".

*Formula 1 laughs*

I am glad to see fellow lovers of ugly box cars in this thread. Let us appreciate the one to kickstart the revival:

tuning-scion-xb-1-gen-14.jpg

shandy706

Yea. I second the old man yelling at the clouds idea. The car has 600+ hp. I guess everyone Honda can do that though.

Yeah, I plan on eventually picking up a 2015 Mustang. I honestly want the 4cyl Turbo version. It has 300hp, so why not for the better gas mileage. The power is still incredible.

*Formula 1 laughs*

I am glad to see fellow lovers of ugly box cars in this thread. Let us appreciate the one to kickstart the revival:

tuning-scion-xb-1-gen-14.jpg

Haha, I can't stand the way these cars look. Everything has its following though, and I respect and support these cars being in the game.

*Formula 1 laughs*

http://www.tuningcarz.ru/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/tuning-scion-xb-1-gen-14.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Here's where it all began

[IMG]http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt216/trial_echidna/PSD3D003.jpg

ShapeGSX

It is : The headlights internal design is just ridiculous , it is an insult to the original GT with that poor Ecoboost V6.

You can't charge people 200K for a V6 and name it "supercar".

I love the headlights.

The new GT will sell every copy they make, V6 or V8. If the power and torque curves are there in a light weight, compact engine, that's all that matters.

tbm24

I love the headlights.

The new GT will sell every copy they make, V6 or V8. If the power and torque curves are there in a light weight, compact engine, that's all that matters.

Most folks who dream of these cars likely just want to sit in a parking lot rev the engine while smirking to themselves thinking how awesome they are. Same reason M3 enthusiasts were livid that the V8 went away. Was never for any practical reasons, the same argument and youtube links were always sent my way. Which was also, "LISTEN TO IT".

Personally I'd rather drive it but what can you do.

Gestault

Don't make me hook my PS1 back up.

I really wish Gran Turismo 2 was on PSN.

I keep playing GT PSP, and (1) being bummed by its gameplay/dealership limitations, and (2) being reminded and infuriated that it has device-specific save-file protection. I've dumped easily 50 hours of gameplay down the toilet on my transitions from PSP to PSP Go to Vita and now to PSTV. All that license progress.

shandy706

I really wish Gran Turismo 2 was on PSN.

I keep playing GT PSP, and (1) being bummed by its gameplay/dealership limitations, and (2) being reminded and infuriated that it has device-specific save-file protection. I've dumped easily 50 hours of gameplay down the toilet on my transitions from PSP to PSP Go to Vita and now to PSTV. All that license progress.

I can't even get GT for my Vita in the US....last time I checked.

I missed out on that "error" they had. Absolutely sucks!!!

Is there some way for me to do so without it causing problems???!!

Edit** Check your PMs :)

I really loved Forza 3 and 4 but hated 5. I really hate that this has become a biennial series. I just don't think you can add much to racing games unless you have a bunch of new tracks. Even GT has kind of fallen apart and it takes like 24 years for each of those to get released. Hopefully it's good though.

Forza 6 I think is likely to be shown in the upcoming windows event showing Forza 6 running on PC or streaming to PC. The game may show cloud computation on a level we have yet to have seen in gaming. That's my guess.

Gestault

I just don't think you can add much to racing games unless you have a bunch of new tracks.

I don't disagree about the importance of a good track selection, but I feel like the different approaches to career mode, crafting the way players are rewarded for off-track work like tuning/liveries, and improving the underlying simulation still has plenty of room for improvement, even as well as they've been handled in this series.

FStop7

Banned
Forza 3 is still my favorite of the series. The demo was amazing. With the Flying Lizard 911 GT3RSR. I remember being so surprised when I could actually feel that car bottom out on parts of the Camino Viejo track - which is also one of the few fictional tracks that I actually like.

Forza 3 is still my favorite of the series. The demo was amazing. With the Flying Lizard 911 GT3RSR. I remember being so surprised when I could actually feel that car bottom out on parts of the Camino Viejo track - which is also one of the few fictional tracks that I actually like.

The cockpit view was pretty damn bad though and while there was more grip than 2 which was needed i think they went a bit too far. 4 was an improvement in so many ways, it's still the best in the series I think, although the first game has a special place in my heart.

jem0208

I really loved Forza 3 and 4 but hated 5. I really hate that this has become a biennial series. I just don't think you can add much to racing games unless you have a bunch of new tracks. Even GT has kind of fallen apart and it takes like 24 years for each of those to get released. Hopefully it's good though.

You mean like it always has been...

Forza Motorsport (2005)

Forza Motorsport 2 (2007)

Forza Motorsport 3 (2009)

Forza Motorsport 4 (2011)

Forza Motorsport 5 (2013)

Rains

We already new this was coming out a proper trailer or some info would have been good yano give us something to talk about weather/cars/features

The cockpit view was pretty damn bad though and while there was more grip than 2 which was needed i think they went a bit too far. 4 was an improvement in so many ways, it's still the best in the series I think, although the first game has a special place in my heart.

I liked the cockpit in Forza 3, it was close to the dash but the view outside was fine and fov reasonable. Forza 4 and 5 began fucking with it and only now with Horizon 2 does it feel good again.

Any changes from H2 and I'm gonna be disappointed.

Flappy

Banned
I wouldn't mind a Driveclub style dash cam option. It's a good compromise between hood cam and first person.

I agree. It's the best view in DC by far. Especially for people using a wheel.

Full cockpit view with a wheel controller is so odd. It's like wheelception.

system should just be called Xbox Forza

I would probably buy an X1 sooner if that was the case. One can never have too much Forza.

And regarding day/night cycle and weather, yes I will be disappointed if it isn't included, and yes I will be buying FM6 regardless.

I'm part of the problem.

sam777

Surely FM6 will have day/night and weather. They must have seen how much people were disappointed over their exclusions in FM5, surely they will be included this time. I hope.

Not even slightly shook by the news but its still heartwarming and hype-percolating to read.

Forza is quality. I'm in.

And while some may criticize the series for being annualized (the overall Forza line), but I'd rather see the series to continue its steady rate of rebuilds and evolutions rather than try to save everything up for one or two mega releases per generation.

Shaneus

I would probably buy an X1 sooner if that was the case. One can never have too much Forza.

And regarding day/night cycle and weather, yes I will be disappointed if it isn't included, and yes I will be buying FM6 regardless.

I'm part of the problem.
Likewise.

I consider in-car views to be more 'serious racing' compared to a weird bumper cam angle.
I get a better sensation of speed and can judge corners better from bumper cam. I know it's less realistic, but there are far less distractions and you can get drawn in by just the track and sound of the car.

Tmecha

Neo Member
Love my forza games, so another day one buy.

But please add dynamic weather, rain is a big part of racing especially if they can have where u have to make a decision about tyres if rain going to be light or heavy or only rain for couple laps.

Top Bottom