• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 Announced for Xbox One

Megasoum

Banned
Free my Fanatec from its shackles and I'll be there day one.

Make it happen, Daniel.

While I totally agree that this whole situation sucks, I'm so happy to have jumped ship and switch to Thrustmaster anyway. I love my TX and my new TH8A shifter (so much better than the old Fanatec shifters).

I still use my CSP pedals though.

I still have my CSR in case, for whatever reason, I decide to go back to 360 or PS3 some day but for now I have PC and XB1 covered.

Hopefully, by the time GT7 comes out (hah...), Thrustmaster will start selling wheel bases seperatly. That way I could buy a T300 base and use my CSP with my TX rim and shifter with them.

Megasoum

Banned
Regret not picking the TH8A up when I had the chance, price has gone up £20 and it's a fucker to find in stock.

I bought mine on Amazon.com when it was out of stock. For some reason they sell it cheaper when it's out of stock lol.

If I get my reserve custom money back (which I should) then it will have ended up costing me 150$ Canadian total with shipping. That's really cheap.

Edit: Haha, booted FM5 for the first time in a while... 5 Gift cars and over 6 millions waiting for me in the inbox.

shandy706

Edit: Haha, booted FM5 for the first time in a while... 5 Gift cars and over 6 millions waiting for me in the inbox.

I need to check In on mine. Been sucked into FH2 and some PC games for a while.

Edit** I literally just started installation of Alien Isolation too. Curse my backlog.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
1,000+ posts over a cover reveal. the hype is real friends. in greenawalt we trust (dont let us down). see you on the track in oct/nov friends =)

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
It is : The headlights internal design is just ridiculous , it is an insult to the original GT with that poor Ecoboost V6.

You can't charge people 200K for a V6 and name it "supercar".

You think a V6 aint enough?
csb8NgF.jpg

if we get a fm4 --> 5 jump (ie, more tracks!), i'll be happy.

How many tracks did we gain vs how many tracks we lost?

Hawk269

Love my forza games, so another day one buy.

But please add dynamic weather, rain is a big part of racing especially if they can have where u have to make a decision about tyres if rain going to be light or heavy or only rain for couple laps.

In order for them to do this they would need to have functional pit stops versus what they have now.

In fact, pit stops in the game has progressively gotten worse for each version. I want to be able to play on-line races where pit strategy plays a part of the game, obviously to do this they will have to implement a method to increase the wear/tear on tires/fuel. But I am sure they can figure this out.

Hawk269

if we get a fm4 --> 5 jump (ie, more tracks!), i'll be happy.

Yeah, the amount of tracks for me and many others was the biggest issue with Forza 5. While the DLC ones were great, it was a little too little/too late situation for me. I however love that they did give us in Forza 5 more new tracks to the series than any other version of the game.

With the work they already have done in the current roster of tracks for Forza 5, I can easily see/hope that we will get all the current Forza 5 tracks plus at least 8 more tracks if not more.

For me it would break down to:

* All current Forza 5 tracks, minus the test tracks b.s.
* 4 new courses, 1 fictional, 3 real world
* Fuji Kaido, Maple Valley, Sunset Peninisula, Camino Viejo, Sedona Raceway

Basically, I want all the best of the previous games tracks rolled into one massive content racing game.

saladine1

I don't know how development works but what's actually involved in updating say, Maple Valley for current gen?
Would it be easier just to start a new fictional track from scratch?

It's actually back in stock on Amazon right now, I need to pick up the pedals and shifter personally, but holy crap $150 is a lot.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MAXOTB6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Third party sellers. These fuckers must buy them up from amazon then sell them for retail. Amazon last week had them for $117 these guys sell them for the MSRP or higher!

So pissed i missed the amazon price by minutes. But I buckled and bought 3rd party because I have been hunting for one since September. It gets here today :), but I wish I could have got my free prime 2 day shipping.

Grassy

Yea. I second the old man yelling at the clouds idea. The car has 600+ hp. I guess everyone's Honda can do that though.

It will be a beast for sure. Ford have really stepped-up for this one. Carbon-fibre construction with a 600+ hp twin turbo V6 will be glorious. They're aiming for the best power-to-weight ratio of any car on the market. And holy fuck, it's sexy. I can't stop ogling it.

A guy at work came in to my office today and started laughing and exclaimed "You're still looking at it!", as I just happened to be staring at the photos again after showing everyone what it looked like yesterday.

Bummed it won't be coming to Australia, at least we're getting the new Mustang later this year though.

eso76

anyone interested in an invite code to purchase a Fanatec Clubsport Wheelbase Servo V2 EU ?
They just sent me one..

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Loved Forza4, Forza 5 was a collosal dissapointment. But I'll chalk it up to launch woes. Still have faith in 6.

Jaeger

It will be a beast for sure. Ford have really stepped-up for this one. Carbon-fibre construction with a 600+ hp twin turbo V6 will be glorious. They're aiming for the best power-to-weight ratio of any car on the market. And holy fuck, it's sexy. I can't stop ogling it.

A guy at work came in to my office today and started laughing and exclaimed "You're still looking at it!", as I just happened to be staring at the photos again after showing everyone what it looked like yesterday.

Bummed it won't be coming to Australia, at least we're getting the new Mustang later this year though.

Yea, it's gonna be a beast. From what I'm hearing it's gonna be racing real soon too, and that this was kept in mind during the whole design process. That it's to be a racer. The car was designed by Moray Callum. You guys should know who that is.

Caayn

Weird how autovista was originally a kinect feature, but forzavista in FM5 didn't support kinect.
Kinda makes me wonder if they'll use Kinect again for autovista in FM6. Although I do hope that they'll use the extra resources when not using Kinect for FM6.

Is it possible that a dev can get those extra resources for certain parts of the game while other parts use Kinect?

tuna_love

Banned
Kinda makes me wonder if they'll use Kinect again for autovista in FM6. Although I do hope that they'll use the extra resources when not using Kinect for FM6.

Is it possible that a dev can get those extra resources for certain parts of the game while other parts use Kinect?
I dunno but I see those red lights flashing on and off during some games loading screens. Maybe its turning on and off?

derFeef

Should be possible, but that would mean no more headtracking. Devs should take everything in consideration of course and therefore I don't see them not using Kinect (reserving resources - no matter of it's connected or not)

I hope it's 100% corridor racer.

Can we stop using that stupid term? And Forza Motorsport was never a "corridor racer", you aren't forcefully teleported back to the track if you drive off of it. The series will not go open-world, if that's what you're worried about, but I'd like to see some other motorsport disciplines added to the mix, like proper rally racing.

Noobcraft

Can we stop using that stupid term? And Forza Motorsport was never a "corridor racer", you aren't forcefully teleported back to the track if you drive off of it. The series will not go open-world, if that's what you're worried about, but I'd like to see some other motorsport disciplines added to the mix, like proper rally racing.
It's not as strict as Driveclub, but there are tracks that will teleport you back to the track if you drive too far off like the Top Gear Test Track. Driveclub is definitely more strict though, it won't even let you backtrack on courses, it will teleport you if you drive like 30 feet in reverse.

Actually you are. You haven't played enough forza I see.

I've played hundreds of hours of all Forza games but FM1 and FM5, and I honestly can't remember a single instance of that happening. You just slow down a lot, but you need to return to the track yourself. Maybe if you end up on your roof, but I don't think there's anything resembling what you can find in Driveclub.

It's not as strict as Driveclub, but there are tracks that will teleport you back to the track if you drive too far off like the Top Gear Test Track.

Oh, all right, I've never attempted that.

ShamePain

Banned
He's a person so bent on believing the XB1 has vastly superior power to the PS4 that he tries to make it real. He has his own "insiders" and even some shots of the internal chips. He's either insane or the world's most elaborate troll.

Come on man, MS is playing the underdog now, pretending X1 is 1.3 Tflops and shit, just to cut Sony later on and reveal that it's actually 5 times more powerful, has a secret hidden GPU and can do raytracing in 1080p/60fps.... lol

I dunno but I see those red lights flashing on and off during some games loading screens. Maybe its turning on and off?

From the SDK leaks: Yeah, the title must request when not to use Kinect, so if they want they could make sections with Kinect (In theory it could even be a game setting, like play with kinect or play with slightly better graphics/performance)

And it's really turning on and off. Ms doesn't allow for the game to disable Kinect when it's showing menus or loading screens (so the game can still use some of the Kinect benefits like matching the controller with the game profile, or use gestures to navigate).

Hoje0308

Banned
It looks like it's taking some European hints like the Corvette. It's dashing!!!

That's because it's a barely-American vehicle. The original was designed and constructed in England.

Edit: Does anyone know if my Thrustmaster T100 will work on the X1, or do I have to buy another wheel? The Xbox version is nearly identical, so I would love to avoid doubling up.

Man, I've always loved how beautiful these games looked and played. The Demo for FH2 had me in chills. Though, I could never get into any racing game. It's like a curse I have or something, I love it but don't want to play it? I'm so weird.

Hoje0308

Banned
Man, I've always loved how beautiful these games looked and played. The Demo for FH2 had me in chills. Though, I could never get into any racing game. It's like a curse I have or something, I love it but don't want to play it? I'm so weird.

Get Driveclub then. Even if you still don't enjoy the racing, you'll be able to set your graphics whore dial to 11 with the photo mode.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Should be possible, but that would mean no more headtracking. Devs should take everything in consideration of course and therefore I don't see them not using Kinect (reserving resources - no matter of it's connected or not)

do people use the head tracking? does anyone here? i'm sure turn10 has usage data, cant imagine its all that high. may want to nix it (if not, they better improve the hell out of it).

Top Bottom