• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia/Werewolf |OT| A forum game of secrets and treachery - sign up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Sawneeks

Banned
Anyone else playing the Battlefront beta? I just did my first handful of matches and I love it so far. They absolutely nailed the look and feel of Star Wars. This is probably my whole weekend.

I am! They did a really good job with the look and feel of the whole game and it's just fun to play. Only thing I hope they fix is Walker Assault because it's so heavily biased towards the Empire right now, I haven't seen the Rebels win once. :(

But we also have "stroopwafels" and those things are great!

Those look delicious.

Remind me to add you later, I must see this. I'm not quite getting a persona personally, but I want a new avatar with the next one planned out ahead of time. For a pre and post death flip.

Gonna go with something other than Willy Wonka this time? That should be cool!

Also if we do this candy swap I hope I get paired with an American so I can trade some delicious Maltesers (the best candy ever) for some ever-so-elusive Charleston Chews.

Coppanuva

Also if we do this candy swap I hope I get paired with an American so I can trade some delicious Maltesers (the best candy ever) for some ever-so-elusive Charleston Chews.

Well... Gene Wilder AS Willy Wonka, but yeah. hopefully it's a crazy enough theme that I can take full advantage of my idea.

Darryl

Banned
Since we created our own little community right here, i was thinking about reviving Candy Swap here on NeoGaf. I would give it my best shot in making everyone happy !

What the hell is Candy Swap ?
Well , two people from different regions of the world will buy each other candy or other rare snacks and then send them to each other. Seems like a pretty neat idea, and everyone loves candy. Especially, candy they couldn't have otherwise.

If there is enough interest i would open up an OT for this holiday Season !
I always wanted to Candy Swap but the old threads are dead :(

unboxing video of Tea & Toast / Chairhome swapping some candy 2011 !!
NeoGAF Candy Swap (Summer 2011)

Come on GAFia lets do this !

Even Daryll did it 2012 !

I had licorice for months

squidyj

oh.
you're one of those people.

To add to the earlier discussion, I've been playing a ton of Battlefront. mostly drop zone.

Pistol, Jetpack, Grenade, Shield. I feel like grenades are a lot more accurate in this game.
Long have I dreamed of soaring over the battlefield dropping hot grenades on disgusting stormtroopers. Now that dream is a reality.

Coppanuva

I had licorice for months

I'm the interest of avoiding ungodly levels of licorice for those who wish to avoid it, maybe we can setup a likes and dislikes chart for people? If this is like a secret Santa thing that would help match tastes well, if its more open then that's up to you to make that known

oh.
you're one of those people.

21MisaoPout.jpg

You just can't appreciate the majesty of malted milk.

Sawneeks

Banned
Pistol, Jetpack, Grenade, Shield. I feel like grenades are a lot more accurate in this game.
Long have I dreamed of soaring over the battlefield dropping hot grenades on disgusting stormtroopers. Now that dream is a reality.

Rebel scum.

Jetpack + Grenade is the best combo in the game. I'm a little bummed about how long it takes to unlock the jetpack because it dramatically changes how you play. Big group of enemies? Jetpack away! Hill to stand on so you can get sick headshots? Jetpack! Darth Vader/Luke running towards you? Jetpa- actually no, you're still dead.

Also the heavy repeater rifle > all else.

squidyj

Rebel scum.

Jetpack + Grenade is the best combo in the game. I'm a little bummed about how long it takes to unlock the jetpack because it dramatically changes how you play. Big group of enemies? Jetpack away! Hill to stand on so you can get sick headshots? Jetpack! Darth Vader/Luke running towards you? Jetpa- actually no, you're still dead.

Also the heavy repeater rifle > all else.

repeater is good but i love the moment to moment of the pistol on a map like drop zone. just went 26-8 with 2 caps to my name, 5-0 for our team. I don't know how I'm so accurate with grenades in this game but I kill people all the time with sick jetpack grenades.

Jetpack also lets you do questionable things, like get into out of bounds areas to quickly attack the enemy from an unexpected flank, there's a corridor on drop zone and you can jetpack over the wall on one side and that whole area is out of bounds but I've used it to get behind the enemy like a dozen times.

Sawneeks

Banned
repeater is good but i love the moment to moment of the pistol on a map like drop zone. just went 26-8 with 2 caps to my name, 5-0 for our team. I don't know how I'm so accurate with grenades in this game but I kill people all the time with sick jetpack grenades.

Jetpack also lets you do questionable things, like get into out of bounds areas to quickly attack the enemy from an unexpected flank, there's a corridor on drop zone and you can jetpack over the wall on one side and that whole area is out of bounds but I've used it to get behind the enemy like a dozen times.

Hmmm, I'll have to give it a shot then. I played around with the pistol in the Survival mission on Tatooine but I haven't used it outside of that. Has the range ever been an issue? It's the one reason I love the repeater is because of how far and how fast it shoots.

Is it the one near the water or are you talking about somewhere on the opposite side? I've done it a few times on Hoth where I run to the Imperials out-of-bounds area, kill a few, and then jetpack out and drop a grenade. Haven't really tried it on Drop Zone but I found out earlier that if you jetpack on top of that Imperial Transport ship almost no one can see you and it's really easy to watch the pods from there.

squidyj

Hmmm, I'll have to give it a shot then. I played around with the pistol in the Survival mission on Tatooine but I haven't used it outside of that. Has the range ever been an issue? It's the one reason I love the repeater is because of how far and how fast it shoots.

Is it the one near the water or are you talking about somewhere on the opposite side? I've done it a few times on Hoth where I run to the Imperials out-of-bounds area, kill a few, and then jetpack out and drop a grenade. Haven't really tried it on Drop Zone but I found out earlier that if you jetpack on top of that Imperial Transport ship almost no one can see you and it's really easy to watch the pods from there.

Pistol has decent range, the two main rifles have high range and then the pistol and the heavy blaster have lower range but it's still fine, I haven't had an issue.

on the opposite side from the water there's that one place on the far side where a pod can drop and that sort of area there and then the corridors through the rocks heading downwards. you can just jump over the wall on the outside and if the enemy is too far up they don't have a clue.

roytheone

NOBODY likes licorice :p
Thats the most important thing though, to say what you DONT like in order for your partner to get it right ^^

I like licorice! Especially salty licorice and those fruit wine gum/licorice combinations! I do hate mint and honey licorice though, that stuff is nasty.

Battlefront is pretty fun so far. My Origin name should be Lone_Prodigy.

I got an LoneProdigy, a Loneprodigy317 and a theLoneProdigy, but no Lone_Prodigy :(

Burbeting

Banned
I like licorice! Especially salty licorice and those fruit wine gum/licorice combinations! I do hate mint and honey licorice though, that stuff is nasty.

I got an LoneProdigy, a Loneprodigy317 and a theLoneProdigy, but no Lone_Prodigy :(

Salty Liqorice is basically the national food of Finland... well only almost.

nin1000

Banned
Salty Liqorice is basically the national food of Finland... well only almost.

A Friend of our family , who comes from Finnland has been importing them for us since the beginning our out time.
Too bad i dont like that nasty taste! Seriously every year i try to eat them i end up throwing hamsters at my wall

squidyj

NOBODY likes licorice :p
Thats the most important thing though, to say what you DONT like in order for your partner to get it right ^^

I love licorice :(

btw I'm squidyj on origin as well as everything else in case anyone wants to play some battlefront

squidyj

I know crab hates this
and that's half the reason I'm suggesting it
but I think it would be fun if we could get a few people together some night to play some games of Town of Salem. Is there anyone else who'd be interested in that?

I just had a couple of brilliant ideas for an Ace Attorney-themed mafia game. Is it too early to reserve a spot for a Season 5 game? :p

can we keep resetting the game until we lynch scum on day 1?
I actually think there's a lot of cool stuff you can do with a Turnabout theme. Interesting mechanics and role powers that might make people think about how to get the most out of them.

squidyj

That's pretty cool. Is there in-game chat or do you have to use an external client?

I'm not sure what you mean, you can chat in the game and there's a friends system and out of game chat but you can't use it when you're in a game. some people use skype and whatnot to break games and it's really just not cool :(

Also: Medium is a cursed role, you will die n1 if you are medium :p

I'm not sure what you mean, you can chat in the game and there's a friends system and out of game chat but you can't use it when you're in a game. some people use skype and whatnot to break games and it's really just not cool :(

Also: Medium is a cursed role, you will die n1 if you are medium :p

I just mean like, how does town present arguments and decide who to lynch? Or is that not a thing in this version?

squidyj

I just mean like, how does town present arguments and decide who to lynch? Or is that not a thing in this version?

it's all in the game client, make an account and play a game, they don't take very long, you'll see.
Arguments aren't really presented but that's not a technical issue it's a playerbase issue :p

i have apparently won 405 games and lost 372. that means i've played 777 games. jackpot.

squidyj

Oh cool! Maybe I'll give it a try tonight to get the hang of it before Gafia decides to play a group game.

Pro tips:
always write your will every day with all the relevant info. this includes your name and role.
remain calm in the face of town passivity.
check out all the roles here
Of particular importance are the results of investigator checks, they tend to drive the claims, if someone is sk they'll claim doctor very often because they check the same to investigator, for example.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I've played some before, I think it would be great to get a GAFia group going. Games like that are always more fun when you know the personalities in the room.

Top Bottom