• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom Cologne 2009 - The Thread

spwolf

Rez said:
there's a large group of people, myself included, who are extremely feel indifferent toward the sim racing genre.

GT5 = wow looks pretty, yawn

funny how that works out eh? Large group of people, who are in minority :D

edit: GT is very accessible though... i cant imagine that people who like NFS or Burnout wont like GT, sure it is very different game but GT is not really tedious.

Now go to real pc sims and yeah, you need to love it to work it.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
spwolf said:
oh, yeah, definitely. GT5 is huge, and for all I know rightly so, it looks like it does what it does well (not that I'd actually know ;) ).

Cruzader

Banned
rhfb said:
Ok so I made this post a week early, SUE ME. Question is still valid. I know there will be liveblogs, but if there is no live video, I guess I have to download the abomination known as home to stream it two hours later :(
Sony's stuff will be put on EU Home/PSN but store content will be spread throughout the week.(misc 3rd party media) Sony's con will be up probably 2 hours later on PSN, so you dont have to download Home to watch it.

spwolf said:

edit: GT is very accessible though... i cant imagine that people who like NFS or Burnout wont like GT, sure it is very different game but GT is not really tedious.
Now go to real pc sims and yeah, you need to love it to work it.

wtf:lol

Dragon

Banned
Rez said:
there's a large group of people, myself included, who are extremely feel indifferent toward the sim racing genre.

GT5 = wow looks pretty, yawn

Myself included :). I just wanted to understand. I'm TERRIBLE at sim racing games. To the point where I don't even bother buying them anymore :)

theluma

Xater said:
NO! People should seriously read the OP...

?

OP said:
[Square Enix]

It’s a first big conference for SE after Eidos buy-out, so you can enjoy titles like Pony Friends 2 at S-E booth for the first time ever. What’s more interesting is seemingly heavy push for FF14, which is supposed to be demoed live for the first time ever.

Other games:
Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP) - 04.09.09
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, Xbox 360) - 2010
FF Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (Wii) - Winter 2009/2010
Front Mission Evolved (PS3, Xbox 360)
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 (NDS) - Fall 2009
Nier (PS3, Xbox 360) - 2010
Supreme Commander 2 (Xbox 360) - 2010
Batman: Arkham Asylum (PC, PS3, Xbox 360) - 28.08.09
Mini Ninja (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, NDS) - Fall 2009
Pony Friends 2 (Wii, NDS) - Winter 2009

http://is.gd/2lI7e

Mar

spwolf said:

I'd strongly disagree with that statement.

I'm sure GT5 will sell a bazillion more copies than Burnout. But come on, NFS and Burnout are action games with shit exploding at every half second. GT you drive around a track and try and stay awake.

On a personal level, Burnout Paradise is my favourite game ever, and I've never liked the GT games.

Minamu

How can UK be GMT+1? I thought all of UK was GMT 0 or however you say it. Sweden is GMT+1 & we're "far" from the UK imo.

Either way, it's right in the middle of dinner time :'(

Minamu said:
How can UK be GMT+1? I thought all of UK was GMT 0 or however you say it. Sweden is GMT+1 & we're "far" from the UK imo.

Either way, it's right in the middle of dinner time :'(

The UK is currently in BST.

DrPirate

Banned
SketchTheArtist said:
The game I'm working on is FINALLY gonna be presented to the public at GamesCon. Don't dissapoint GAF! ;-)

Good luck, just for this I'll be rooting for EVERY SINGLE GAME THERE

And congrats on finally being able to show a product, I look forward to seeing it

DrPirate said:
Good luck, just for this I'll be rooting for EVERY SINGLE GAME THERE

And congrats on finally being able to show a product, I look forward to seeing it

Thanks man!

It's always a bit nerve-wracking when you're game is about to be shown and judged. I'm pretty confident it'll be well-received.

Wrath2X said:
Cool whats it called?

Can't really tell you for now. It was announced and two screenshots were released, which garnered positive response, but you'll know this week-end.

wRATH2x

Banned
SketchTheArtist said:
Thanks man!

It's always a bit nerve-wracking when you're game is about to be shown and judged. I'm pretty confident it'll be well-received.

Can't really tell you for now. It was announced and two screenshots were released, which garnered positive response, but you'll know this week-end.
Nice, best of luck to you man.

Meadows

Banned
SketchTheArtist said:
Thanks man!

Is it retail or online? Good luck!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
nghypetrain.gif

Noshino

If you can't say much about it, can you at least point us to the 2 screens that were released? Or at the very least give a hint as to how to find them? :D

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
SketchTheArtist said:
It's from BTTF Part 3. Doc put up so much toxic shit in that train, it was bound to explode like that. ;-P

Like he said.. in case, if no one know what BTTF is. It is Back to the Future. One of classic movie (and best movie series)

DrPirate

Banned
SketchTheArtist said:
Sorry guys, can't tell just yet. I'll check back this week-end to see if the GAF is favorable towards the game and tell you. :D

Is there a way to subscribe to you as a poster or something.

I admit, you piqued my curiosity quite a bit......

Top Bottom