• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom Cologne 2009 - The Thread

Hanmik

Just found some Little Big Planet news.. it´s from a Danish site called gamereactor.dk. I used Google Translator to translate, so the translation is not that good...

GamesCom is slowly shaping up, which means of course a lot of news, not least from Sony to be ready with their press conference later today.

Prior to the press conference it came out that Sony is ready to republish Little Big Planet in a Game of the Year edition that will include 18 additional levels created by users, 7 new content packs and exclusive access to the upcoming beta of ModNation Racers .
More interesting, however, that Mark Valledor Sony, said that even greater Little Big Planet news would be revealed today:

"Do not worry ... wait until tomorrow for a" major "announcement."

We await with interest and hope for a potential sequel to the amazing platform game.

source: http://www.gamereactor.dk/nyheder/74585/Little+Big+Planet/

BeeDog

Hanmik said:
Just found some Little Big Planet news.. it´s from a Danish site called gamereactor.dk. I used Google Translator to translate, so the translation is not that good...

GamesCom is slowly shaping up, which means of course a lot of news, not least from Sony to be ready with their press conference later today.

Prior to the press conference it came out that Sony is ready to republish Little Big Planet in a Game of the Year edition that will include 18 additional levels created by users, 7 new content packs and exclusive access to the upcoming beta of ModNation Racers .
More interesting, however, that Mark Valledor Sony, said that even greater Little Big Planet news would be revealed today:

"Do not worry ... wait until tomorrow for a" major "announcement."

We await with interest and hope for a potential sequel to the amazing platform game.

source: http://www.gamereactor.dk/nyheder/74585/Little+Big+Planet/

Some of the LBP bigshots on this forum have hinted at the announcements, and I'm leaning toward a possible Final Fantasy DLC announcement. (I'm probably not alone either)

DieH@rd

Banned
BeeDog said:
Some of the LBP bigshots on this forum have hinted at the announcements, and I'm leaning toward a possible Final Fantasy DLC announcement. (I'm probably not alone either)

FF7 remake in LBP engine. :D

Donos

jiggle said:
FF7 level pack would be so hawt

but i think i'll be disappointed after t-ico only got a costume pack =.=

There are some concrete Hints towards a MGS kind announcemnt for LPB from the more involved ppl in the LBP/LBP Goty Threads. Let's see.

Hypereides

Gold Member
jiggle said:
FF7 level pack would be so hawt

but i think i'll be disappointed after t-ico only got a costume pack =.=

I think the reason to why they're holding back the FF7 level pack is because they want it to coincide with FFXIII

Can't wait for the Sony conference. To finally see the PS3 Slim confirmed and hopefully only a few weeks a way. Wallet am cry.

ALso looking forward to the LBP announcement. Hopefully it will get me back playing the game again. ANd whatever other nice suprises tham come.

Moobabe

Xater said:
Shit I totally forgot that Crytek is there. Now I have to add soemthing more to see. ARGH!

Give us hands on impressions! But if you see Guild Wars 2 or FFXIV drop everything you're doing and post every minute detail.

Xater

Moobabe said:
Give us hands on impressions! But if you see Guild Wars 2 or FFXIV drop everything you're doing and post every minute detail.

I doubt I will be able to post on GAF. Some Twitter impressions will probably happen.

Xater

Moobabe said:
Would you mind PMing me your twitter if you don't want to post it for the lurkers?

I don't mind. It's twitter.com/xater

Just let me know who you are. I follow my fellow GAFers. :D

Xater

I'm really impressed how well the CryEngine 3 runs on the PS3. Even the cam footage looks really impressive.

FIFA 10 also looks very nice. I'd wait for Blablurn impressions though. He's the football expert and I am sure he will give us all the details for FIFA and PES. :D

Xater

SecretBonusPoint said:
Any particular reason the CryEngine stuff is PS3 only? Looks amazing though. This console gen still has a lot of life left in it!

A previous trailer also showed some Xbox 360 stuff. Maybe they just filmed the PS3?

Kinan

Added Trailers and Videos section to the bottom of the OP. Will add only new stuff there, not recaps of E3 trailers (yes, i'm looking at you GoW3 and GT:pSP)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
August 18th is finally here.
kevinragesa1472.gif

manutd

Neo Member
blaccat said:
I played Fifa10 at the Emirates on friday and it's nothing but spectacular.

360 movement was well executed.

might have been an old build, the new trailers talks of loads of new stuff

Sykra

blaccat said:
I played Fifa10 at the Emirates on friday and it's nothing but spectacular.

360 movement was well executed.

Sounds great, looks like fifa keeps the football throne this year as well.

blaccat

manutd said:
might have been an old build, the new trailers talks of loads of new stuff

There were two builds at the Emirates, a 6 week old build and 12 hour old build almost the Gamescom build.

I played about 20 matches the 6 week build, was to busy playing that to queue for the other build.

from what I saw and feedback got from a friend who played the fresh build, both builds were generally the same but a lot more refined in the latest build.

You need to see the game in motion tho, love the Rain and Snow effect to

yurinka

A friend just rickrolled me with a fake GTA5 PS3 exclusive teaser that it was supposed to be showed in Gamescom. I really loled.

I really need to kill him xD

Damodar

How many hours till sony infos will start rolling in? I know I should check myself and convert to my timezone, but ehh.. tired...

Top Bottom