• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom Cologne 2009 - The Thread

The Microsoft line up is pathetic. Playable at the booth are Forza 3 (yay!), Halo 3 ODST (Do not want!), Lips (Do not want!) and... Windows 7.

No other games, no Natal and ODST for Live members only.

Source: dreisechzig.net

Kinan

GDC Europe: Sony claims 'Huge Steps Forward' With Playstation Home

REMINDER: OP is constantly updated, check often! New liveblogs are being added, fresh news and trailers are at the bottom of the OP.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Kinan said:

REMINDER: OP is constantly updated, check often! New liveblogs are being added, fresh news and trailers are at the bottom of the OP.

Great job OP.

Kinan said:
finally:
Among the additions to Home coming in build 1.3, Cox mentioned the Character Viewer Tool, which will allow devs to do a lot more with character creation, and custom animations for characters – up until now only the pre-set animations which come with Home are at a developer's disposal, but allowing animations built for specific purposes will mean "avatars will feel so much more involved", according to Cox.

Kinan

Just confirmed that Chillax will show Sony conference. EA maybe not, but for EA there is an official stream.

Less than 2 hours to EA conference giving kick-start to Gamescom, btw.

Cruzader

Banned
Kinan said:
Just confirmed that Chillax will show Sony conference. EA maybe not, but for EA there is an official stream.

Less than 2 hours to EA conference giving kick-start to Gamescom, btw.
sweet! thanx for the info!

what is chillax?
And can they handle the inevitable Gaf tide?
(which is to say, will they even be worth visiting if their servers cant handle Neogaf?)

Fortinbras said:
The Microsoft line up is pathetic. Playable at the booth are Forza 3 (yay!), Halo 3 ODST (Do not want!), Lips (Do not want!) and... Windows 7.

No other games, no Natal and ODST for Live members only.

Source: dreisechzig.net
Since when is two big games a pathetic showing o_O

Kinan

theignoramus said:
what is chillax?
And can they handle the inevitable Gaf tide?
(which is to say, will they even be worth visiting if their servers cant handle Neogaf?)

They will not survive, its almost given that it will be unwatchable, sadly. :(

Crisis

Banned
offshore said:
Hope these streams work.

Why Sony aren't streaming it live through playstation.com or Home is baffling.

I would agree but PSN is going down for two hours starting at their conference time. Something huge is coming.

blaccat

tirminyl said:
They have a specific event space that you can go to in Home. Though, don't bother going in before that time because it appears PSN will be down during the conference from 9am-11am PST: http://bit.ly/3ehVz

If you are logged on before the shot down, u will still be logged on during the shot down

Puck

Banned
Violater said:
PRESELL 2 & PRESELL 1 ??
What could that mean, or is that retailer jargon?
Presell = preorder, ie they "sell" it before you receive it. The 1 and 2 are looking at the product names in the databases, probably are bundles.

Billen

Banned
Anyone who has any good ideas on how to view Gaf and/or other sites (nicely formatted that is) with info on this with Windows Mobile? :)

Puck

Banned
Billen said:
Anyone who has any good ideas on how to view Gaf and/or other sites (nicely formatted that is) with info on this with Windows Mobile? :)
you mean when the conference is on? good luck accessing gaf for the first few hours of the conference. there will be more 500 internal server errors than e3 for sure.

tirminyl

Moobabe said:
I hope you're right and it's not just vidzone.

I wouldn't think they would need to bring down the entire network to update Vidzone. You only do that when you are actually doing maintenance, or adding...other stuff. I am just going with maintenance as I don't want to board the train.

Edeuinu

PSN is down to come up back up with the entire ps2 library up for download and a nice little BC FW UPDATE DUH SILLYGOOSES!!

Puck

Banned
Edeuinu said:
PSN is down to come up back up with the entire ps2 library up for download and a nice little BC FW UPDATE DUH SILLYGOOSES!!
They'd need many petabytes of server storage.. good luck LOL.

Yesterday evening I was all calm about what was going to happen but wasn't expecting much, but now PSN is having maintainence done at the time of the conference, there are GT5 pods on the show floor, there'll be a big LBP announcement amongst other things, I find my mind wandering, and I'm getting stupidly hyped.

I need to calm down.

Dragon

Banned
Puck said:
They'd need many petabytes of server storage.. good luck LOL.

How many games are you assuming they'd put up there? I'm not disagreeing with you, there's no way they're doing it, but I don't see space as an issue. If each game averages 9 gigs and they are say 2400 games, it wouldn't be a tremendous amount of space.

Torgo

offshore said:
Hope these streams work.

Why Sony aren't streaming it live through playstation.com or Home is baffling.

Probably because the PSN and Home will be down during that time period

Moobabe

TheBranca18 said:
How many games are you assuming they'd put up there? I'm not disagreeing with you, there's no way they're doing it, but I don't see space as an issue. If each game averages 9 gigs and they are say 2400 games, it wouldn't be a tremendous amount of space.

Well seeing how many ps1 games we have I think 2400 ps2 games might be a bit generous.

Kinan

BradleyUK said:
The Fifa10 Gamescom Trailer has been removed by the user, so you need to find another source. :(

Its one hour till EA conference, soon the deadlines will be lifted and we'll get it again for sure.

Top Bottom