• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom Cologne 2009 - The Thread

Kinan

DMPrince said:
i just woke up. I assume there's no meltdowns on GAF yet since the threads loook normal :lol.

There are some meltdowns, since Kmart leaked 24 August release of PS3 Slim at 299$ and GT5 is confirmed to be playable at Gamescom. And we just warming up. .=)

Moobabe

TheBranca18 said:
Please read the sequence of posts before commenting.

I did, and space won't be an issue because there won't be that many games on release (if the release ever happens.) No need for the attitude though; we're all here to enjoy the hype.

Xater

So Slim and pricedrop confirmed. Now Sony has to say that GT5 really is coming this year and the ymight have one heck of a fall.

BradleyUK

Microsoft stuff is really nothing special to jump about. They will let Sony steal a lot of thunder during this holiday season, but will Microsoft be at the next game conference?

Hanmik

can somebody please show me a link to the playstation blog that mentioned the Videozone being launched for Europe during Gamescom..?

Billen

Banned
Hanmik said:
can somebody please show me a link to the playstation blog that mentioned the Videozone being launched for Europe during Gamescom..?

If true; with "Europe", I suppose they mean Germany and Britain? :D

Billen said:
If true; with "Europe", I suppose they mean Germany and Britain? :D
Vidzone or the Video Store? Because Vidzone already exists in Germany and Britain.
And for the Video Store, you'll know in ~3-4 hours if it comes or not.

Kinan

Hanmik said:

um, what is Videozone? Vidzone was launched in Europe(*) in June already.

(*)by Europe it means selected richest European countries.

If you mean European Video Store where you can buy and rent movies, than there was indeed a mention of some announcement incoming at PS.Blog Eu. Not that it will be necessarily launched during Gamescom.

Billen

Banned
Xater said:
So Slim and pricedrop confirmed. Now Sony has to say that GT5 really is coming this year and the ymight have one heck of a fall.

So are you filled with

1. Poop
2. Proof
3. Tapeworms

?

itxaka

Defeatist
Puck said:
They'd need many petabytes of server storage.. good luck LOL.

2000 games * 9Gb each (almost impossible as they were games released on cd!) = 18.000Gb = 18 Terabytes

Not much :p (We can still dream right?)

Oh, the Fifa10 trailer is on the Fifa web page.

Pachimari

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Someone try zoom in and see if those are slims in the kiosks. Think they might be, looks like they are blacked out with squares and rectangles.
It's SingStar running on PSPgo ;-)

noah111

Still Alive
Namomura said:
First booth photos from Gamescom 2009
Slim confirmed;
2zi4z9d.png

Obvious matte finish.
hur hur

Dragon

Banned
Moobabe said:
I did, and space won't be an issue because there won't be that many games on release (if the release ever happens.) No need for the attitude though; we're all here to enjoy the hype.

There's no attitude. I was responding to someone who was posting about the hypothetical 'entire PS2 library', that's why I responded and told you to read the sequence of posts. Obviously you STILL haven't.

TheOddOne

BradleyUK said:
Microsoft stuff is really nothing special to jump about. They will let Sony steal a lot of thunder during this holiday season, but will Microsoft be at the next game conference?

Wat?

offshore

Microsoft (must) have something big under wraps.

There's just no way they'd let Sony get away with all the press they're currently getting.

Moobabe

TheBranca18 said:
There's no attitude. I was responding to someone who was posting about the hypothetical 'entire PS2 library', that's why I responded and told you to read the sequence of posts. Obviously you STILL haven't.

I'm glad you're monitoring my gaf habits. Can we drop this now? Time for some good old fashioned hype. Come on EA, show me something awesome!

Dragon

Banned
Moobabe said:
I'm glad you're monitoring my gaf habits. Can we drop this now? Time for some good old fashioned hype. Come on EA, show me something awesome!

Ah the good ole ad hominem. :lol

noah111

Still Alive
TheExecutive said:
So the slim is confirmed? Is this all because of that kmart ad? Any other news besides that?
Go to kmart.com for yourself, it's right on the front page. Other than that though, not much other news regarding the slim.. tons of price cut ads everywhere though.

I haven't really been following this but is all the hype for the Sony conference just usual crazy Gaf hype or is there actual expectations ?

Synless

THE Caffeinated said:
I haven't really been following this but is all the hype for the Sony conference just usual crazy Gaf hype or is there actual expectations ?
More or less hype, everything is speculation at this point.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
THE Caffeinated said:
Well SONY GAF likes to overhype stuff and then be dissapointed. Kind of funny.

Hey looks like GT5 is going to be on gamescon !!! Woooo !!!1!1!!! Bring the awesomeness GT5!!
AAAARGHHH11!11!!!!
;)

Sentry said:
Go to kmart.com for yourself, it's right on the front page. Other than that though, not much other news regarding the slim.. tons of price cut ads everywhere though.
Sorry, like I said I am trying to get caught up on the phone. Thanks for the info :D

offshore said:
Microsoft (must) have something big under wraps.

There's just no way they'd let Sony get away with all the press they're currently getting.

You obviously haven't been at Games Convention before. Microsoft's efforts were always weak compared to those of Sony.

Top Bottom