• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb E3 2012

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I bet Ryan can't wait to say, "uh uh uh uh uh" while he plays AC3 proper.

I figured they wouldn't outright complain about Nintendo. It's interesting that they're not even giving them the time of day at all, though.

Chuck

Still without luck
I'd rather it just be the GB crew + Jaffe and Brad Muir talking about E3 for tomorrow. :/

Oh! And Rich Gallup

I hope one of em play Kamiya's WiiU game eventually. That's really all I want to hear discussed.

Great second half tonight. These are the best part of E3.

Erethian

I hope one of em play Kamiya's WiiU game eventually. That's really all I want to hear discussed.

Yeah I was hoping to hear some impressions on that. And I figure Patrick would have gone to see ZombiU.

Certainly wasn't expecting any focus on other Nintendo stuff aside from a cursory mention.

i was uh indie indie indie, game with no mechanics REDEFINES WHAT I THINK OF A VIDEO GAME, game that is nothing but squares and rectangles, indie indie indie

guys i was playing this indie game - i bet you guys never heard of it

I really wish they would stop bringing the Cards Against Humanity guy onto stuff, he was really dull during the Pax East GB panel too.

Good thing David Jaffe was there or the night would have probably been ruined.

Eternia

Enjoyed the second half but too bad there weren't a few more active guests for it. Sleepy Brad and silent Norm did not add much. Poor Norm!

Erethian

Lol did they really not talk about Nintendo at all?

They touched on it briefly, but it wasn't more than a minute or two. GB crew talks about what they're interested in, not to mention that the E3 podcasts tend to spend more time talking about how games are made or discussing the F2P business model or whatnot than what was actually at the show.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Getting caught up on day one. I was a little suprised to hear pacter compare nintendo's single year loss to THQ's systematic loss, but holy cow at hearing that they have less cash now than when wii was launched. I can't believe they are betting the farm on Pikman, Mario, and NintendoLand. Mario wasn't able to save Gamecube and I am really really torn on the idea of NintendoLand selling to casuals. Hearing that I can understand why Pacter is very very bearish on NTDOY.

Aselith

Damn, did Neogaf break up with Michael Pachter? Dude seemed to be having some personal issues with our little forum on the Bombcast.

Erethian

Getting caught up on day one. I was a little suprised to hear pacter compare nintendo's single year loss to THQ's systematic loss, but holy cow at hearing that they have less cash now than when wii was launched. I can't believe they are betting the farm on Pikman, Mario, and NintendoLand. Mario wasn't able to save Gamecube and I am really really torn on the idea of NintendoLand selling to casuals. Hearing that I can understand why Pacter is very very bearish on NTDOY.

In the 2008 and 2009 fiscal years Nintendo made a combined net profit of $5 billion, their annual loss this last fiscal year was $500 million.

Suffice to say they've got a lot more money at the end of this generation then they did at the start.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
In the 2008 and 2009 fiscal years Nintendo made a combined net profit of $5 billion, their annual loss this last fiscal year was $500 million.

Suffice to say they've got a lot more money at the end of this generation then they did at the start.

If so then i guess Pacter lied/was mistaken/was misheard, because thats totally what he said.

She got drunk, loud, and constantly talked over several people on a Giant Bomb podcast for E3 2010(?).

Jaffe got pissed and told her to fuck off, basically.
Which podcast did Jaffe do that? I don't remember that at all.
The only incident I remember is Kojima-sama being the greatest storyteller of all time, and that no one but her could see this.
Which isn't necessarily incorrect, no sane person would think that...

Erethian

If so then i guess Pacter lied/was mistaken/was misheard, because thats totally what he said.

Oh, it's definitely what he said. But the guy was cranky with fanboys/GAF, tired, and probably a bit drunk so I don't necessarily blame him for getting that stuff wrong.

Also I actually undershot what Nintendo made, since it was somewhere closer to $6 billion in those two years. It's easy to forget, with how the Wii has been doing for the past year or more, that they made serious bank this generation with three successive years of $2+ billion profits. The height being the 08/09 fiscal year where they made $2.8 billion.

JonCha

Last night's show not archived? Twitch.tv isn't loading anything for me.

Edit: it's working. Select Day Zero and then Day One if it's not loading.

What's up with the bombcast's RSS feed?

I downloaded the eps last night, but doggcatcher updated the feed this morning, and the last several episodes were removed from the feed, and now I can't get my Giant Bomb E3 fix.

Fix it, fools.

Fjordson

I guess I have much to learn. :p

Who's Dave Lang? Why do they always sound excited about him appearing?
Almost positive he's a dev from some studio. Currently working on a Kinect game called Wreckateer.

He's a bloody awesome guest, though. Always hilarious and does a dope Greg Kasavin impression.

Top Bottom